Is destiny good?

werto165

I've heard that destiny is good by various people, I was just wondering what the fov is like cos apparently its like 40... Anyway the main question is, Is it a fun game?

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

If you played the beta the entire beginning is a massive drag.

Overall I'd say that it feels dry. 

Add-on: As to the FOV, yes it is rather small but most things are directly in front of you.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

It's an overhyped CoD/BF.

I just got done playing it at a LAN-ish party. It's just another shooter like CoD but with a Borderlands type feel. But I'd recommend Borderlands over it any day.

If you played the beta the entire beginning is a massive drag.

Overall I'd say that it feels dry. 

Add-on: As to the FOV, yes it is rather small but most things are directly in front of you.

Does it have an FOV slider? - TotalBiscuit

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I'm really enjoying it. just been playing the mission both on my own and with others.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I'm really enjoying it. just been playing the mission both on my own and with others.

What would you compare it to in regards to gameplay? I can't seem to decipher whether it's more of a traditional fps type game, a borderlands ish, or something that more rpg like fallout.

I've been hearing it lacks creativity and bungie is lost in his ways. I'll wait for the pc release to be the judge of that.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

What would you compare it to in regards to gameplay? I can't seem to decipher whether it's more of a traditional fps type game, a borderlands ish, or something that more rpg like fallout.

It is pretty easy to explain. Destiny is Halo+Star Wars+borderlands.

It borrows aspects off all 3 games. Look and feel is very halo or star wars and the game mechanics in terms of guns/armor/etc... is very similar to borderlands.

I like all those games so I really like destiny.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Does it have an FOV slider? - TotalBiscuit

I lol'd

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I played it on xbox I think its a good on 360 so I think it would be way better on pc....

It is pretty easy to explain. Destiny is Halo+Star Wars+borderlands.

It borrows aspects off all 3 games. Look and feel is very halo or star wars and the game mechanics in terms of guns/armor/etc... is very similar to borderlands.

I like all those games so I really like destiny.

Star Wars !? Nothing in the game reminds of star wars in any way

I agree on Borderlands + Halo With some fancy effects, i played both the Ps3 and 4 version and IMO its OK, but It´s another one of those "finish the story aaaannd PvP is the only thing left to do" games...seriusly PvE content is lacking. 

Space ships...They are only Taxi´s...seriously...Taxi...are you fucking kidding me ?! We are at WAR and all those ships can do is take you from A to B. amazing.

Hover bikes....No racing track? really? ...another fancy decoration, at lest its more usefull then your space ship.

Military grade Vehicles....no open War zone or such....."facepalm" 

That ONE moon map i played during beta with the Vehicles in it was pretty shitty. the ones controlling most vehicles would dominate. 

Halo did a better job balancing Vehicles with maps and footsoldiers then Destiny does. and the Forge mode in Halo was a HUGE bonus to keep the game alive.

TL;DR: The game is lacking and is not properly using the content it has available IMO.

Today, if its hyped, lets just say its a bad game.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

It's not bad. It was definitely overhyped tho. Thankfully since it's a persistent MMO the issues surrounding the game can be fixed. Let's just hope Bungie is listening to the complaints.

FOV is fine dude. And the game looks like a lot of fun. I usually don't watch streams but over the past few days I've been watching abut 30 min of Destiny every morning before work.

Can't wait for it to come to PC.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Fun? Yes.

However, like all MMO, its early and content is few and far between.

Maybe don't get it anytime soon. Wait a couple of months. If Bungie is as dedicated as they say they are, there will be much more content to enjoy then.