LTT 3DMark Thread

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Time Spy physics test looks way prettier too. 

4.8 core 4.4 cache http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13463369? Probably going to just try and pull cache higher a bit. 

The fastest I can consistently complete it on the 5960x is 4850 MHz with on and off luck at 4900 MHz.  I usually run cache between 4.6 and 4.7 for these runs.

I wanted to set the CPU at 4.9 GHz and use the Asus TCT to throttle the CPU to 4.8 GHz during the physics test, but the TCT tool doesn't allow for voltages high enough to pull this off.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

The fastest I can consistently complete it on the 5960x is 4850 MHz with on and off luck at 4900 MHz.  I usually run cache between 4.6 and 4.7 for these runs.

I wanted to set the CPU at 4.9 GHz and use the Asus TCT to throttle the CPU to 4.8 GHz during the physics test, but the TCT tool doesn't allow for voltages high enough to pull this off.

Going to try for at least 4.9 core. Would settle for 4.8 core | 4.6 cache for normal runs. 

CB R15 is the ultimate test imo. But there's plenty of time for that yet. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Going to try for at least 4.9 core. Would settle for 4.8 core | 4.6 cache for normal runs. 

CB R15 is the ultimate test imo. But there's plenty of time for that yet. 

Agreed on Cinebench R15.  I can run that up to around 4825 before all hell breaks loose.  Good enough for a 1968cb.  Cache and memory are vital there.

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Agreed on Cinebench R15.  I can run that up to around 4825 before all hell breaks loose.  Good enough for a 1968cb.  Cache and memory are vital there.

4.9 @1.375V crashed mid way through the physics test. Going to try 1.4V. Then 1.420V if it doesn't like that. 

Got both 980s and 5820K in parallel though. Will probably separate them in the future. 980 heat gets dumped on the 5820K and vice versa :ph34r: 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4.9 @1.375V crashed mid way through the physics test. Going to try 1.4V. Then 1.420V if it doesn't like that. 

Got both 980s and 5820K in parallel though. Will probably separate them in the future. 980 heat gets dumped on the 5820K and vice versa :ph34r: 

It takes me quite a bit more than 1.42v to get through a 4.9 run when it would complete.  

The parallel setup is a different approach, huh?   All of my stuff is on one loop.  GPUs run in parallel, but that's all.  I prefer one loop over two for the sake of benchmarking. 

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

It takes me quite a bit more than 1.42v to get through a 4.9 run when it would complete.  

The parallel setup is a different approach, huh?   All of my stuff is on one loop.  GPUs run in parallel, but that's all.  I prefer one loop over two for the sake of benchmarking. 

The ASUS AiSuite gives a CPU power reading of 250W - 260W at 1.4V

so much power. Don't think i could handle anything more xD

12 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

The ASUS AiSuite gives a CPU power reading of 250W - 260W at 1.4V

so much power. Don't think i could handle anything more xD

Here's a fun fact.  According to Asus, in their testing of the 5960x they saw CPU power draws in excess of 400w at only 4.4 GHz.  That's a shit ton of power.

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Here's a fun fact.  According to Asus, in their testing of the 5960x they saw CPU power draws in excess of 400w at only 4.4 GHz.  That's a shit ton of power.

That fact was indeed fun. That's a heck of alot of power for a CPU. 

Also http://www.3dmark.com/spy/112988 Going a a wee bit faster each time. 

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

That fact was indeed fun. That's a heck of alot of power for a CPU. 

Also http://www.3dmark.com/spy/112988 Going a a wee bit faster each time. 

Yeah, all that power makes for a lot more heat than folks are used to having to tame.

Nice work on the 4.9 pass.  Hopefully you continue to see improved CPU scores as you climb.  

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Yeah, all that power makes for a lot more heat than folks are used to having to tame.

Nice work on the 4.9 pass.  Hopefully you continue to see improved CPU scores as you climb.  

Just need to get the cards clocked higher. Preferably when the coolant is chillier too. 

Can always try tomorrow :)

Just need to get the cards clocked higher. Preferably when the coolant is chillier too. 

Can always try tomorrow :)

I do my best work on hot days.  No time like the present.  :D

6 hours ago, done12many2 said:

fak off.. I can't even POST at 4.6GHz with HT disabled and only one core active at 1.45V...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

5 hours ago, DXMember said:

fak off.. I can't even POST at 4.6GHz with HT disabled and only one core active at 1.45V...

Wow....that's bad, yeah

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

6 hours ago, DXMember said:

That's just your CPU's way of telling you that your not ready.  Now go sit down and color.

Did you try different cores?  I've got a few that are great and a few that are not so great.  

6 hours ago, DXMember said:

A moment of silence :(

30 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

That's just your CPU's way of telling you that your not ready.  Now go sit down and color.

Did you try different cores?  I've got a few that are great and a few that are not so great.  

yes tried all cores

I suspect Vin might need to be increased from stock

but doesn't seem likely... the current shouldn't be that high on single core to cause voltage drops...

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

Just now, DXMember said:

yes tried all cores

I suspect Vin might need to be increased from stock

Well bud, you have our undivided attention now.   

I think Asus boards automatically add Vin straight out of the box, so I wouldn't doubt what you're thinking.

In other news 24k in FS is finally broken :)

Benchmark: Fire Strike
CPU: i7 5820K 4.9GHz
GPU: 2x GTX 980 KPE
GPU Core: 1544MHz 
GPU Memory: 2052MHz 
Score: 24005
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13479509?

19 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

In other news 24k in FS is finally broken :)

Benchmark: Fire Strike
CPU: i7 5820K 4.9GHz
GPU: 2x GTX 980 KPE
GPU Core: 1544MHz 
GPU Memory: 2052MHz 
Score: 24005
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13479509?

I'd rek u so hard if I had an actual CPU though...

am jelly af

2 minutes ago, DXMember said:

I'd rek u so hard if I had an actual CPU though...

am jelly af

I'd like to see the Fury try xD

I'd like to see the Fury try xD

My Graphics score is 2.6k higher

60 unlocked compute units FTW

12 minutes ago, DXMember said:

My Graphics score is 2.6k higher

60 unlocked compute units FTW

My CPU score tho.