LTT 3DMark Thread

57 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You were the chosen one :o

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 hours ago, done12many2 said:

I don't.  I thought about it, but never got started.

I think you should do it considering how much benching you do. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

It's kinda fun, but...I'm starting to realize that you just don't get much of anything for points without REALLY serious cooling.  It's kinda off putting, posting up a really good score for a benchmark with a water cooled system, and then get exactly squat for points out of it.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

2 hours ago, Jumper118 said:

I think you should do it considering how much benching you do. 

1 hour ago, Vellinious said:

It's kinda fun, but...I'm starting to realize that you just don't get much of anything for points without REALLY serious cooling.  It's kinda off putting, posting up a really good score for a benchmark with a water cooled system, and then get exactly squat for points out of it.

I just created an account.  Only time will tell if I actually do anything with it.

UPDATE: 

Benchmark: Timespy

CPU: i7 5820k @ 4.625

GPU: 980ti SLI x2

GPU Core: 1531

GPU Memory: 2128

Score: 11416

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/66416

mZ9Vvgz.jpg

GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

10 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Slid into the Time Spy Hall of Fame top ten for single card at #8.

lol... I have the same score but it's invalid due to driver version and I'm on crossfire...

so what do we learn from that - to compete with anything globally you need nVidia hardware and a 6950X minimum....

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

5 hours ago, Vellinious said:

That's isn't always true.  Very efficient water scores can normally keep up with or beat dice and phase.  

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

13 minutes ago, DXMember said:

lol... I have the same score but it's invalid due to driver version and I'm on crossfire...

so what do we learn from that - to compete with anything globally you need nVidia GPU and 6950X....

They've got the top three or four locked down.  The 6950x has a brutal physics score!  I'm really hoping later batches clock higher as the manufacturing process improves.

Then again, it might be best to hold off for Skylake X. 

30 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

They've got the top three or four locked down.  The 6950x has a brutal physics score!  I'm really hoping later batches clock higher as the manufacturing process improves.

Well it have 2 more cores and better IPC.

For that price I expect brutal performance xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

I was thinking that some of the higher clocked Xeons could get on there. I wished 3DMark supported Dual CPU so bad!

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

6 hours ago, Jumper118 said:

That's isn't always true.  Very efficient water scores can normally keep up with or beat dice and phase.  

Chilled maybe....and with the right hardware.  Run anything less than a $1k processor though, and you get NO points for the really great overclock, and best score in the entire world for THAT setup....oh no, you compete with everyone.  Overall rank:  50, but compare the graphics scores and then you're in the top 20 and would actually get some points.  They give some hardware points and occasionally see some rankings points, but.....the guy with the $10k rig and absolutely no clue how to overclock a GPU will earn more points than the guy that can make his GPU stand up and dance a jig, but only has $4k in his rig.....

Lesson:  It doesn't matter if you're good, the people with money win.

Lol, meh

10 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

Chilled maybe....and with the right hardware.  Run anything less than a $1k processor though, and you get NO points for the really great overclock, and best score in the entire world for THAT setup....oh no, you compete with everyone.  Overall rank:  50, but compare the graphics scores and then you're in the top 20 and would actually get some points.  They give some hardware points and occasionally see some rankings points, but.....the guy with the $10k rig and absolutely no clue how to overclock a GPU will earn more points than the guy that can make his GPU stand up and dance a jig, but only has $4k in his rig.....

Lol, meh

hence 6950X is the only viable CPU option

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

With that CPU you certainly wouldn't have to work as hard to earn HWBot points....yes.

34 minutes ago, DXMember said:

hence 6950X is the only viable CPU option

Most stuff repeatedly posted gets annoying, but this gets funnier every time.

47 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

Lol, meh

Definitely applies to more than just hwbot.

50 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

Lol, meh

I would disagree.  I am 238th in the world and top 10 in the UK and I only have x79 as my most powerful platform. There is a lot of skill involved to get to the top,  you might do better with more money like any sport,  but it requires skill and knowledge to get to the top. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

32 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Most stuff repeatedly posted gets annoying, but this gets funnier every time.

it's not annoying if it's true

For a lot of the most often run graphics card benchmarks, there's some kind of physics scores involved.  I have some really awesome graphics scores in my submissions, but they count for exactly squat, because they use overall scores.  There are some benches that the physics score doesn't count for as much in, like Catzilla, but it's still there. CPU doesn't play a great part in Heaven, but, again...it's still there, especially with more powerful GPU setups.  

I've been able to move myself up in the novice class just using GPU benches, but....it'll have to be done by volume and hardware points, instead of by scoring rankings points.  I don't run cold...most I'll ever do, maybe, is run chilled.  

I'm still having fun with it, but....with the money I have to spend, there's only so many hardware points that are going to be available for me to move up.  /shrug  I'll just be happy seeing my graphics scores compete and beat a lot of the guys with better hardware.

2 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

For a lot of the most often run graphics card benchmarks, there's some kind of physics scores involved.  I have some really awesome graphics scores in my submissions, but they count for exactly squat, because they use overall scores.  There are some benches that the physics score doesn't count for as much in, like Catzilla, but it's still there. CPU doesn't play a great part in Heaven, but, again...it's still there, especially with more powerful GPU setups.  

I've been able to move myself up in the novice class just using GPU benches, but....it'll have to be done by volume and hardware points, instead of by scoring rankings points.  I don't run cold...most I'll ever do, maybe, is run chilled.  

I'm still having fun with it, but....with the money I have to spend, there's only so many hardware points that are going to be available for me to move up.  /shrug  I'll just be happy seeing my graphics scores compete and beat a lot of the guys with better hardware.

I greatly enjoy beating Titan setups in GPUPI

but yeah, i mostly get points for hardware...

lol, yeah, that'd be pretty rewarding.

I need to download some of the more obscure GPU benches and get them done with the 980tis, then switch back to the 290x and get scores posted for those....by then, maybe my turn will be up in the step up queue for the 1080s.  MOAR HARDWARE POINTS, YAY!  lol  Might even break into the top 20 in Novice...9_9

Benchmark: Time Spy 1.0
CPU: i5 4690k @4.4GHz
GPU: G1 GTX 970
GPU Core: 1581 MHz
GPU Memory: 2030 MHz / 8120 MHz Effective

Score: 4067
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13419729

Top 10.PNG

Could maybe get top of my class when this heatwave passes and I can clock my GPU higher. Being 400MHz down on the CPU from top spot doesn't help either, sadly, would kill for watercooling

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760