LTT 3DMark Thread

4 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

What kind of workload are you doing?

I mess around in video and some rendering in Photoshop, but mostly encoding movies for the kids.  Other than that, I just like big chips and seem to do quite a bit of benchmarking.

I'm pretty pumped about the latest Skylake X / Kaby Lake X news and the whole sharing a LGA 2066 socket.  Best of both worlds (single/multi performance) is right around the corner.

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I mess around in video and some rendering in Photoshop, but mostly encoding movies for the kids.  Other than that, I just like big chips and seem to do quite a bit of benchmarking.

I'm pretty pumped about the latest Skylake X / Kaby Lake X news and the whole sharing a LGA 2066 socket.  Best of both worlds (single/multi performance) is right around the corner.

Dual CPU.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

3 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

Dual CPU.

Not exactly.  Latest news is that Skylake X and Kaby Lake X will share the same socket, Kaby Lake chipset, and will be be able to use the same board.  Not 100% sure to the validity of this, but if it's true, you'll be able to swap out 10 core monsters with high clocking 4 cores without board swaps.  Not to mention whatever benefits come from the  architecture itself.

25 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

How much surface area are you working with in your loop?

420 x 420.  Running an MORA 3 420 with 4 x 230mm Spectre Pros.  My idle deltas stay between 1.5 and 2c.  So, plenty of space...

kbOecfT.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

10 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Not exactly.  Latest news is that Skylake X and Kaby Lake X will share the same socket, Kaby Lake chipset, and will be be able to use the same board.  Not 100% sure to the validity of this, but if it's true, you'll be able to swap out 10 core monsters with high clocking 4 cores without board swaps.  Not to mention whatever benefits come from the  architecture itself.

God, that'd be nice.  Hopefully the rumor mill is right this time around.

GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

Just now, Vellinious said:

420 x 420.  Running an MORA 3 420 with 4 x 230mm Spectre Pros.  My idle deltas stay between 1.5 and 2c.  So, plenty of space...

Yep. Plenty there.  What block are you using?  

If you're ambient is high like you were saying, you're going to have a fun time cooling that chip.  :D

Just now, done12many2 said:

Yep. Plenty there.  What block are you using?  

If you're ambient is high like you were saying, you're going to have a fun time cooling that chip.  :D

EK X99 Supremacy EVO with Kryonaut.

Yeah, it's a bit warm in here for my liking.  The A/C is on a timer so it doesn't run much during the day and lowers the temps before I get home from work...except, I'm working from home today...and just don't feel like messing with that damn timer, so....I'll wait til 4pm for it to kick into high gear.  lol

12 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

Have the LC variant cos i was too poor for the Pro variant. 

Great radiator though. I use 4x 180mm AP182s on mine. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

EK X99 Supremacy EVO with Kryonaut.

Yeah, it's a bit warm in here for my liking.  The A/C is on a timer so it doesn't run much during the day and lowers the temps before I get home from work...except, I'm working from home today...and just don't feel like messing with that damn timer, so....I'll wait til 4pm for it to kick into high gear.  lol

We have all that surface area and we're still at the mercy of room temp.  xD

I'm about the same as you delta wise.  0 to maybe 1c max with CPU under full load and 2c to maybe 3c max with CPU and 2 x GPUs at full load.  During gaming and regular encoding my water doesn't even change.  I have to run a stress test every now and then to make sure my water temp sensors are working.

If you look at that OCCT screen shot above, while running the 6950x at full load for 1.5 hours, my water temp didn't even change from ambient at all.

I ordered another adapter plate and 4 more 230s yesterday so I can run in push / pull.  Granted, I'm measuring my coolant temp before the rad, but....still seems like I need a little more airflow.  Or, maybe it's just my endless need to overdo / over-build everything.  lol

Did a quick run on FS, just to see where it was at like this.  I'm having some trouble figuring out the right settings in the bios to overclock it any further.....I'll play with it more this weekend when I have more time.

Need to get the other card back in too, and redo all my HWBot runs.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9531144

18 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Have the LC variant cos i was too poor for the Pro variant. 

Great radiator though. I use 4x 180mm AP182s on mine. 

Ya know, I looked at both of them, but.....there wasn't any difference in the rads themselves, except for the adapters that came with it....I bought the cheaper version as well.  

3 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

Ya know, I looked at both of them, but.....there wasn't any difference in the rads themselves, except for the adapters that came with it....I bought the cheaper version as well.  

Kind of wish i got the Pro version since it looks nicer imo. 

With the inclosure and standing vertical :o

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Kind of wish i got the Pro version since it looks nicer imo. 

With the inclosure and standing vertical :o

I bought the attachable feet for mine.  I've got the mounting brackets for the 420 as well, but....ended up just using the feet.  It takes up almost the whole bottom Core X9.

1 minute ago, Vellinious said:

I bought the attachable feet for mine.  I've got the mounting brackets for the 420 as well, but....ended up just using the feet.  It takes up almost the whole bottom Core X9.

Can it fit natively in the bottom? 

1 minute ago, Vellinious said:

Ayyy another Core X9 user. Awesome case. Going to mod a 1080 in the front.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Yes.  And yes, they are amazing cases.

From my initial flush / fill / leak testing.

dyooH6g.jpg

8 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

I ordered another adapter plate and 4 more 230s yesterday so I can run in push / pull.  Granted, I'm measuring my coolant temp before the rad, but....still seems like I need a little more airflow.  Or, maybe it's just my endless need to overdo / over-build everything.  lol

Chasing that last 1c to 2c to perfect water temp is what hurts the wallet most.  :(

9 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

Did a quick run on FS, just to see where it was at like this.  I'm having some trouble figuring out the right settings in the bios to overclock it any further.....I'll play with it more this weekend when I have more time.

Need to get the other card back in too, and redo all my HWBot runs.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9531144

Looking good already.

Have you read the Broadwell-E guides that @Raja@ASUS released right around the time of the Broadwell-E drop?  There are two, one of which he just put out recently.  Good reads.  

After reading the guides just over a month ago, I started using the Asus Thermal Control Tool (TCT) in order to run a 4.8 GHz daily overclock that idles at .75v and automatically throttles to 4.6 @ 1.3v when load increase and temps hit 60c.  Makes for snappy and highly usable daily overclock that can crank out high single core performance and automatically transition to heavy multi core performance without a reboot or any actions on my part at all other than the initial setup.

Since you are using an Asus x99 board, I highly encourage that you look into the Asus TCT as well as Intel's favorite core stuff.  I think you'll end up using the TCT.

2 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

Vertically stacked :o

My issue is that two of them is massive. No space under the desk for it. One of them is 502mm high xD

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Chasing that last 1c to 2c to perfect water temp is what hurts the wallet most.  :(

Looking good already.

Have you read the Broadwell-E guides that @Raja@ASUS released right around the time of the Broadwell-E drop?  There are two, one of which he just put out recently.  Good reads.  

After reading the guides just over a month ago, I started using the Asus Thermal Control Tool (TCT) in order to run a 4.8 GHz daily overclock that idles at .75v and automatically throttles to 4.6 @ 1.3v when load increase and temps hit 60c.  Makes for snappy and highly usable daily overclock that can crank out high single core performance and automatically transition to heavy multi core performance without a reboot or any actions on my part at all other than the initial setup.

Since you are using an Asus x99 board, I highly encourage that you look into the Asus TCT as well as Intel's favorite core stuff.  I think you'll end up using the TCT.

I was just reading that initial overclocking thread.  I think I was trying to drop my voltage too much.  Gonna try again in a few minutes.  

I'll have to look into the TCT.  I'd never heard of it.  Must have something to do with the per core overclocking?

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Vertically stacked :o

My issue is that two of them is massive. No space under the desk for it. One of them is 502mm high xD

I built a homemade base.  I had initially intended to use it for a waterbox, but when I found the stackable X9s.....yeah, now it's just a huge stand with demcifex filters that do nothing.  lol  The whole thing stands nearly 6ft tall.  (my overwhelming urge to overbuild everything again)

4 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

I was just reading that initial overclocking thread.  I think I was trying to drop my voltage too much.  Gonna try again in a few minutes.  

Refer to that overclock breakdown that I posted on the last page here.  Shoot for 4.4 at 1.38v as 20% of 6950x's are able to hit that somewhat stable.  If that doesn't work, shoot for 4.3 @ 1.35v.  75% of those chips hit that.

3 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

I built a homemade base.  I had initially intended to use it for a waterbox, but when I found the stackable X9s.....yeah, now it's just a huge stand with demcifex filters that do nothing.  lol  The whole thing stands nearly 6ft tall.  (my overwhelming urge to overbuild everything again)

:o 

4 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

I'll have to look into the TCT.  I'd never heard of it.  Must have something to do with the per core overclocking?

With TCT, you set all cores to the OC you want.  In my case I choose 4.8 GHz for all cores.  Since I didn't want to run more than 1.4v through the chip 24/7, I set that up using adaptive and it idles as it should.  Where the TCT kicks in is once load increases (such as multi core use), so does heat.  The TCT detects the heat and automatically throttles all cores to 4.6 GHz (or whatever you set it to) and remains there until the lower limit (that you select) is reached, at which point it automatically returns to 4.8 GHz.  It happens fast and looks just like SpeedStep is kicking in.  Pretty cool to watch.

32 minutes ago, Vellinious said:

dyooH6g.jpg

Is that a stacked Core X9?

52 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

Is that a stacked Core X9?

Yes, sitting atop a 2' cube with casters...easier to move around that way.

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

With TCT, you set all cores to the OC you want.  In my case I choose 4.8 GHz for all cores.  Since I didn't want to run more than 1.4v through the chip 24/7, I set that up using adaptive and it idles as it should.  Where the TCT kicks in is once load increases (such as multi core use), so does heat.  The TCT detects the heat and automatically throttles all cores to 4.6 GHz (or whatever you set it to) and remains there until the lower limit (that you select) is reached, at which point it automatically returns to 4.8 GHz.  It happens fast and looks just like SpeedStep is kicking in.  Pretty cool to watch.

I'm definitely going to have to try that.

Something odd with this processor.  When I set the XMP profile, no matter what I do with LLC, adaptive voltage offset, CPU current capability, etc...it'll run 4.0 great, but as soon as I try to bump it up, even just to 4.125, it gets to the Windows screen and crashes.  Then takes removing the battery to reset it, because as soon as I get into the bios, it crashes there too.  Got it running at 4.4 for a FS run, which brought the physics score run, but it ran almost 1k better (26k physics) at 4.2.  Maybe not enough voltage.  Still playing with that.

Timespy preferred the 4.0 with bclk at 125...better CPU score.  Memory clock maybe...  I think if I get the ambients lowered so I can really put the boots to the GPU, and get the CPU figured out, I may be able to break 7k on a single 980ti.

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/163016