Okay, I thought people were being overdramatic about heat

Well that'd be why your room is cooler, not because your GPU fans are at 100% :P

I mean, it is open the entire day but yeah, the hot air goes outside directly I am sure.

I mean, it is open the entire day but yeah, the hot air goes outside directly I am sure.

It's just "my room is too hot so I turned the gpu fan up/watercooled my pc" is something people say an awful lot.

It's just "my room is too hot so I turned the gpu fan up/watercooled my pc" is something people say an awful lot.

Yeah but I have a way to counteract the hot air.  :ph34r:

Yeah I know, but I have a 290 and those are famous for their heat right? :P

Bitch, please. I want to get parts so I can use my GTX 480 at my grandma's. Thankfully the basement is never warmer than 20C.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Bitch, please. I want to get parts so I can use my GTX 480 at my grandma's. Thankfully the basement is never warmer than 20C.

BITCH PLEASE. Why at your grandma's, do you want to roast her?

It gets pretty toasty on my setup too, on summer ambient temperatures easily reach around 41-45°C and the climate is quite humid. I have 3 choices: use the system with very high temperatures (I remove overclocks on this scenario), wait until night to use the system and cool off the room (couple of big fans making negative airflow on the house) ; or turn on the AC draining large amounts of power ($$$) and taking a big risk of collapsing the poor city electric infrastructure (which happens pretty often).

Luckily all my friends have pools.

BITCH PLEASE. Why at your grandma's, do you want to roast her?

No. Basement never gets warm.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yeah I know, but I have a 290 and those are famous for their heat right? :P

No they are famous for insane and unheard of performance for the money and some shit ass reference cooling that could not keep up with the performance of the card.

Get an air conditioner? Airflow could be a factor as well since a cooler like that should keep it cool, I have a X3 Windforce 780 and idle around 24-29°c but my room is usually around 16-17°c. :P

I really doubt a third monitor will make your room noticeably hotter.

the difference would be barely measurable, let alone perceivable, unless your room is the size of a closet.

If you're using old non-LED monitors it's probably the monitor itself.

The reason his card is running hotter is because when you add additional monitors to your setup on AMD cards, the memory clock jumps up to maximum clocks to avoid stutters and screen flickering.

OP can test this by opening up msi afterburner and then disable his two side monitors from windows display manager. His memory clocks will change from say 1250mhz to 300mhz and his temps will go back down to normal idle temps he had before he added the other monitors.

The reason his card is running hotter is because when you add additional monitors to your setup on AMD cards, the memory clock jumps up to maximum clocks to avoid stutters and screen flickering.

OP can test this by opening up msi afterburner and then disable his two side monitors from windows display manager. His memory clocks will change from say 1250mhz to 300mhz and his temps will go back down to normal idle temps he had before he added the other monitors.

Yes, I know that. And that change in power consumption should not be enough to cause a perceivable temperature difference if you don't sit in a shoe locker. Temperature =\= heat

Error: 410

I thought people were being funny or overdramatic about AMD cards and their heat.

But... I added a 3rd monitor and now it's 48-50c idle....

My room, jesus my room, like a sauna over here.

I can't wait until it's winter, no heater needed anymore, my GPU will do the trick.

GPU in sig.

Your being way over dramatic.

When I had Crossfired the r9 290x last year my GPU's exhausted so much heat that if I placed my hand too close to the back of the case it would burn me. No joke. I was using reference cards that I bought from Sapphire.

Okay I put the fan to 100% a while ago, it's 43 idle now and it seems little bit cooler here in the room.

LOL it's not your GPU heating your room up ... It's not an oven. Do you live inside your computer case ? cause that;s the only time you would notice a heat change.

LOL it's not your GPU heating your room up ... It's not an oven. Do you live inside your computer case ? cause that;s the only time you would notice a heat change.

Can you stop being annoying with your comments, just read what I wrote earlier.

I have a wide open window behind my pc, yet my room heats up like crazy, when I put the fan to 100% it gets a bit cooler all around.

I am 99% sure it is the GPU here because I didn't change anything else at all.

Can you stop being annoying with your comments, just read what I wrote earlier.

I have a wide open window behind my pc, yet my room heats up like crazy, when I put the fan to 100% it gets a bit cooler all around.

I am 99% sure it is the GPU here because I didn't change anything else at all.

No it's not the GPU absolutely not. If what you are claiming is true which it isn't then cranking up the GPU fan would dump more heat into your room and make it hotter, The only thing that's annoying is people that don't do their research before coming into forum and posting BS.

No it's not the GPU absolutely not. If what you are claiming is true which it isn't then cranking up the GPU fan would dump more heat into your room and make it hotter, The only thing that's annoying is people that don't do their research before coming into forum and posting BS.

Fuck you and your inability to read, you hear me? Fuck you.

I just told you I have a window behind my pc so the hot air gets outside right away, not into my room you ignorant cunt.

Ignored anyway.

Which 290 do you have? Looking at online reviews and testing it seems like the quality 290s like the sapphire tri x, vapor x, pcs + and MSI lightning run a lot cooler than most 780 ti's.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Isn't a hot room a sign of efficient PC cooling?

I mean the cooling in your PC was designed to take the heat from the components and dump it outside of the case right?

One way to get around the hot room problem is to think of it as another PC case and have some fans push air through the room...

That's what I do...

Fuck you and your inability to read, you hear me? Fuck you.

I just told you I have a window behind my pc so the hot air gets outside right away, not into my room you ignorant cunt.

Ignored anyway.

So then why are you complaining about heat when you just said you have an opened window right by your PC.

Honestly, I still don't get the fuss and my card's an older AMD card.

I say just make a good fan profile on something like MSI Afterburner, that works for me. Mine never goes above 80C on full load, and that's without going above 80% fan speed.

80% fan speed is insanely high though