Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

I was just browsing the opensource game engines, its all well and good looking at the big engines, but I am under the assumption this is budget tight and spend little money as possible affair.

I wasn't specifically making sure for MT support though, and its not the simplest thing in the world to do either. 

Looking at UDK, it isnt the full unreal engine, you get some front end thing to do scripting with.

As for unity the costs aren't high, if someone is willing to get a license.

Edit: 

The UDK royalies thing you miss understood

UDK != Unreal

UDK is a dev git, released by the unreal team

The unreal team still makes more money off the full Unreal game engine which has its own sales and costs a bomb to use

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

speaking of fps/rts, there could be a "commander mode" where you would play from an RTS perspective, and give commands and information to the squads below, which are real players playing an FPS.

Sounds like Natural Selection 2.... But it could be done much better than that game.   :P

I was just browsing the opensource game engines, its all well and good looking at the big engines, but I am under the assumption this is budget tight and spend little money as possible affair.

I wasn't specifically making sure for MT support though, and its not the simplest thing in the world to do either. 

Looking at UDK, it isnt the full unreal engine, you get some front end thing to do scripting with.

Edit: 

UDK != Unreal

The unreal team still makes more money off the full Unreal game engine which has its own sales and costs a bomb to use

UDK is a cut down Unreal just like the 7870 XT is a cut down 7970

But unity is the engine I have the most experience with, So if we get Multi-threading with unity, It's my best vote.

I feel bad now since I don't have any experience in anything that would help.  :(

Don't worry, I just sit around and have stalked this thread since it first started, but yet I have no useful skills at all for it.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Edit:

UDK != Unreal

Does the cafu engine need a license and if it does is it cheaper or more expensive than unity also how decent are the graphics for example it would be cool if graphics can become so low it can run on Intel hd 3000 graphics and so high that you will need a 780 to 60 fps. BTW I am a huge noob when it comes to these things coding, modeling,ect...

Does the cafu engine need a license and if it does is it cheaper or more expensive than unity also how decent are the graphics for example it would be cool if graphics can become so low it can run on Intel hd 3000 graphics and so high that you will need a 780 to 60 fps. BTW I am a huge noob when it comes to these things coding, modeling,ect...

Well if your interested about how the engine looks you could try google.

Well if your interested about how the engine looks you could try google.

at 0.04 mbit internet LTT is the only website I go it takes me 3 minutes just for Google to load let alone a website in a foreign country right now

The cafu engine was just something I saw, It stood out for the reasons of

• Its open source, we can start developing with it then get a proprietary license later on
  • Written in C++
  • Will run on all platforms (OSX should be able to run a linux version some how)

But if you want to use the more well knonw engines and are willing to pay that is fine, but I'd rather not go for UDK, unity seems the better option

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

I feel bad now since I don't have any experience in anything that would help.  :(

I have experience with unity, but that does not mean I'm any good.

• Its open source, we can start developing with it then get a proprietary license later on
  • Written in C++
  • Will run on all platforms (OSX should be able to run a linux version some how)
But if you want to use the more well knonw engines and are willing to pay that is fine, but I'd rather not go for UDK, unity seems the better option

OSX is just apple's propriatary distro of linux, it's all based on unix.

Exactly, just getting some things to work because of apples messing with some parts of the unix base. 

• Written in C++

From a programmers point of view; Unity >> I've got loads of experience with it and it's so user friendly it's not even funny.

Not really... OS X goes further back into the roots of Unix and kinda went backwards in order to move fowards; look at OS X as how Linux could have been.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Unity covers that; it simply disables advanced graphical features if the hardware doesn't support it. It has linux, os x, windows, windows phone, blackberry 10, ios, android AND more ._. for its platforms; I think it kinda wins....

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Unity covers that; it simply disables advanced graphical features if the hardware doesn't support it. It has linux, os x, windows, windows phone, blackberry 10, ios, android AND more ._. for its platforms; I think it kinda wins....

imagine playing on your Nexus while your friend plays on his PC, all in the same match.

CROSS PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER! MAJOR SELLING POINT!

imagine playing on your Nexus while your friend plays on his PC, all in the same match.

Nexus?

NO MOBILE GAMING GODDAMNIT

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

That would be a huge unfair advantage to the pc gamer.

That would be a huge unfair advantage to the pc gamer.

Not really, if we can get the graphics to scale well, it would be equal grounds, Personally I'm very good at touch screen FPS games.

I'll start with a few Ideas I have:

It's set in the future, we've moved away from bullet based weaponry and have instead adopted flechette style energy based weapons (basically mini-railguns), ditching traditional weapon layout for more compact bullpup style. These weapons can bypass most armor types, except for tank-like Titanium Carbide Plating.

What other things can you guys think of?

Here's a link to a google doc made by Kuzma.

http://bit.ly/1avjqC2

Summary:

OpenCL physics,

TressFX skin & clothing

Tomb raider & Crysis influence

FPS & RTS All in one

No more bullets, RAILGUNS

A Girl is the main character, her name is Katt, her close friend is her sidekick, his name is Mason, He's a Medic, it is later revealed that Katt is adept in hacking and computer use.

Katt is severely injured in the beginning, mason discovers her and nurses her back to health. and is again injured in an explosion of a truck, though only minorly.

females have a high chest and head armor bonus, while non critical areas are near useless to armor

males have more health, but females have a smaller hitbox.

good guys is northern US, bad guys is southern terrorists and bandits, anyone sensible has moved north

everone is fighting over a new resource found on the moon, which was struck by a meteor and spreading the resource over the south USA.

HOVERTANKS

Hot Girls in Epic Armor

Linus, Slick, We need a forum section for this game to organize it right

Linux Support & Mods, lots of mods.

that covers the first 340 posts of this thread. hope it helped!

What you could do is make an alternate reality where humans use tesla power and make weaponry based on that. It would certainly be a lot easier to write.

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/

What you could do is make an alternate reality where humans use tesla power and make weaponry based on that. It would certainly be a lot easier to write.

Maybe make it a dystopian fallout-like setting, just some suggestions.

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/

C & C red alert is close to that if you play soviets

Hm, I was not aware. I have never played a c & c game.

The news are bad but the old ones like generals and red alert 2 were great.

I'll start with a few Ideas I have:

It's set in the future, we've moved away from bullet based weaponry and have instead adopted flechette style energy based weapons (basically mini-railguns), ditching traditional weapon layout for more compact bullpup style. These weapons can bypass most armor types, except for tank-like Titanium Carbide Plating.

What other things can you guys think of?

Here's a link to a google doc made by Kuzma.

http://bit.ly/1avjqC2

Summary:

OpenCL physics,

TressFX skin & clothing

Tomb raider & Crysis influence

FPS & RTS All in one

No more bullets, RAILGUNS

A Girl is the main character, her name is Katt, her close friend is her sidekick, his name is Mason, He's a Medic, it is later revealed that Katt is adept in hacking and computer use.

Katt is severely injured in the beginning, mason discovers her and nurses her back to health. and is again injured in an explosion of a truck, though only minorly.

females have a high chest and head armor bonus, while non critical areas are near useless to armor

males have more health, but females have a smaller hitbox.

good guys is northern US, bad guys is southern terrorists and bandits, anyone sensible has moved north

everone is fighting over a new resource found on the moon, which was struck by a meteor and spreading the resource over the south USA.

HOVERTANKS

Hot Girls in Epic Armor

Linus, Slick, We need a forum section for this game to organize it right

Linux Support & Mods, lots of mods.

that covers the first 340 posts of this thread. hope it helped!

I've already covered this, I asked Linus and he told me to talk to Slick and Slick told me they're not restructuring the forums for a while.