Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

Now to talk about skill degradation, my sister's genius idea, getting hit in certain places lowers certain "skills"

Upper & lower torso has no effect

Head: blurts vision, effect lessens with armor, restores over time

Lower arms: increases hipfire spread, effect lessens with armor, restores when healed

Upper arms: no effect (taking suggestions)

Lower legs: slows movement, effect lessens with armor, restores when healed

Upper legs: no effect (also taking suggestions)

These stats are true for both singleplayer and multiplayer.

I have a windows server so if need be then i can do the server side hosting.

I'm thinking we just release a server application to the public, and do public hosting, like minecraft.

I feel it's time to get a bit more organized, we can create a steam group to use group forums, or maybe get a forum of our own.

I think we need threads for these topics:

-Coding

-Engine

-mechanics

-concept art

-Modeling and textures

-story

-multiplayer

-Character design

We need to decide on a name before we get a website or steamgroup, I'm thinking my original Name Idea, Cold War, it fits the snow theme.

I feel it's time to get a bit more organized, we can create a steam group to use group forums, or maybe get a forum of our own.

I think we need threads for these topics:

-Coding

-Engine

-mechanics

-concept art

-Modeling and textures

-story

-multiplayer

-Character design

We need to decide on a name before we get a website or steamgroup, I'm thinking my original Name Idea, Cold War, it fits the snow theme.

Except, don't you think naming it Cold War would make people think it's based on the Cold War?

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I'm also kind of thinking that if you plan on making it a snow theme, that perhaps the characters could look somewhere along the lines of the rebels on Hoth. ( Just a suggestion is all, I'm not too good with artwork myself )

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Except, don't you think naming it Cold War would make people think it's based on the Cold War?

I guess you're right, any suggestions?

I'm also kind of thinking that if you plan on making it a snow theme, that perhaps the characters could look somewhere along the lines of the rebels on Hoth. ( Just a suggestion is all, I'm not too good with artwork myself )

The armor itself won't change, but there's a 3rd layer in between the over & underlayer, which changes depending on the environment, I just haven't bothered to draw it up yet, as there's so many to draw.

I guess you're right, any suggestions?

The armor itself won't change, but there's a 3rd layer in between the over & underlayer, which changes depending on the environment, I just haven't bothered to draw it up yet, as there's so many to draw.

Ahh ok, that makes more sense. About the name, sorry I'm that horrible kind of person that can shoot down an idea, but doesn't have any better suggestions.

Ahh ok, that makes more sense. About the name, sorry I'm that horrible kind of person that can shoot down an idea, but doesn't have any better suggestions.

We can use Cold War As a project name (How does "Project Cold War" sound?(to get the website (or steam group) going, and worry about the name later.

We can use Cold War As a project name (How does "Project Cold War" sound?(to get the website (or steam group) going, and worry about the name later.

Yea, that could work, even if it's just temporary to actually get the project going, and it sounds alright as well.

I don't have access to my desktop or laptop ATM, So I can't create a steam group, but I will when I can, make use of group forums.

Better than an interchangeable middle layer, we'll have a toggleable "fleece" layer, in between the underlayer and the overlayer.

There will be 3 climates:

Warm

Nuetral

Cold

The effects of wearing the fleece in a warm environment is reduced movement speed & accuracy, with an orange tint on the screen

The effects of not wearing a fleece in a cold area are the same as above, albeit with a blue tint to the screen

Neutral areas are just that: neutral. Fleece on, fleece off, it doesnt matter.

I'll design some concept art, but unroll then, with the fleece on, picture the armored concept art with any dark green undersuit and any skin covered by a white fleece material and the eyes are covered by ski goggles.

I sent a pm to amdgamer and he thought that these ideas would be good on the upper arms and upper legs

Upper arms: you have a limited amount of time shooting or zooming in before fatigue hits and you need to rest for a few seconds
Can be restored

Upper legs: You can't sprint if that is a feature in the game and if you move for a while without stopping you stumble.
can be restored

All effects lessen with armor by the way, as less damage has been done to the tissue.

And yes, hopefully sprinting is in the game, the two things I hate about CS:Go are no sprint or ADS.

Okay... you are obviously in dire need of a better system to communicate with each other.

A steam group is probably the thing you guys are familiar with but its far from ideal. 

You need to set up an IRC channel on a network and IRC clients, will be loads easier to organise your stuff, log the conversations and chat in general. 

Using forums to discuss ideas and fix bugs is terrible, peer to peer chat will make things go a lot more smoothly.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Steam is a much better solution than you think, we'll have forums to store things like concept art, and steam's multi user IM, which I can store.

We can store coding projects in media fire, and images can be saved in imgur, with downloads on the group.

When I build my new PC I will have Adobe After Effects, Photoshop etc... If I can help I will!

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

When I build my new PC I will have Adobe After Effects, Photoshop etc... If I can help I will!

Great to have you on board.

While reading another thread about hacking, I got a great idea! Hacker wars! Instead of banning players for hacking, just throw them into gaming hell, a hacker only server.

Fight fire with hotter fire.

Anyway, some details about my goals for multiplayer

I'd like to see 360 players per server, and maps large enough to support that (2kmx2km?), with active tempuarture zones, and various objectives spread out.

And for the idea: OpenCL Laggless servers.

We could have the servers coded in OpenCL releases and C++ releases, so servers can make use of high end video cards to reach 360 players, and cheaper servers can use their CPUs for smaller games.

While reading another thread about hacking, I got a great idea! Hacker wars! Instead of banning players for hacking, just throw them into gaming hell, a hacker only server.

Fight fire with hotter fire.

Anyway, some details about my goals for multiplayer

I'd like to see 360 players per server, and maps large enough to support that (2kmx2km?), with active tempuarture zones, and various objectives spread out.

And for the idea: OpenCL Laggless servers.

We could have the servers coded in OpenCL releases and C++ releases, so servers can make use of high end video cards to reach 360 players, and cheaper servers can use their CPUs for smaller games.

Wow that is a pretty big idea, but if it's done well catch some more eyes

I wonder if this is actually possible in unity though...

I also have a friend who is building his first rig this year and he is big into video editing if you need any videos made down the road.

why doesnt every1 install udk and do what they can to help.... then just all link using there intergrated networking system similar to drop box

Character artist in the Games industry.