What's the Oldest Hardware in Your System right now?

I still have an IBM Thinkpad from 1992. I was born 2000.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

That PC is from 2003. Not 18 years old, nor is it really a piece of crap.

I have many, but my favorites would be my AthlonXP rig and my Cyrix rig. From about 2002 and 1997 respectively.

Specs:

- AMD Athlon XP 1600+

- 1gb DDR-233

- Gigabyte GA-7VRX

- Sony Somethingorather ODD

- 60gb Seagate Barracuda ATA IV (nearly dead, dont know exact stats though, smart reports bad)

- Dead ASRock Motherboard Box

- "Alpha" LC-A300-ATX 300w PSU

- Windows XP Pro

- Cyrix PR-200+

- 64mb PC-100

- PCChips M537

- Teac CD-524EA-02

- Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 CT4500

- 3com Fast Etherlink XL PCI 3C905B-TXMBA

- 23.9gb Maxtor Draco II

- Generic AT Case

- 250w Generic AT PSU

- Windows 98 SE

we have a 17year old gateway in the basement, it was 2500$ beast back when we got it. remember installing the ram with my dad... the cpu cooler was clogged with dust and overheated and died. i should go down and check the model number, had windows me on it i think, it might not of been 17 but right around there, i was a toddler when we got it

also the cpu looks like it plugs into a pci e slot type thingymgig

2000 was not 17 years ago.

That CPU slot is Slot-A or 1.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

That PC is from 2003. Not 18 years old, nor is it really a piece of crap.

I may have been misinformed on how old it was, because I wasn't alive at the time I was told it had been made, but that doesn't make it not a piece of crap. It ran WoW on low settings in 1440x900 at 5fps. Crap.

I have an 18 y/o PC lying around. It's got a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4,a GeForce 5200, 2 GB of DDR-400 RAM, two HDDs for a total of 80 GB, the drives use PATA cables, it has an intel made motherboard, and an overkillpartsthisshitty 250W PSU. In my teardown, I found a whole POUND OF DUST. Let me know what old pieces of crap you guys have.

That's not 18 years old. 15 years ago I was putting Pentium II 450MHz slotted CPUs in my builds.

CPU - 4790k / GPU - EVGA GTX 980 / Case - NCASE M1 v3 / Board - ASUS Impact VII  / PSU SFX 600w Silverstone / Storage - 2x500GB EVOs / Windows 8.1,OS X 10.10 / Full Water Loop

OP we had the same-ish PC (except mine had a Gigabyte mobo) before mine went to silicon heaven... I had her scrapped after a lengthy decommissioning ceremony...

I have a 23 year old 386 machine, of course its missing its case but I still have its power and reset switches, along with the LEDs (which can be customized, any 3mm LED can be used as they aren't permanently fixed to the cables). It was actually in use until 2007, when my Dad left it in the rain and damage the motherboard (I need to add wires to replace the corroded tracks-no actual component is damaged, and the power LED lights up when the PSU is plugged in)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I may have been misinformed on how old it was, because I wasn't alive at the time I was told it had been made, but that doesn't make it not a piece of crap. It ran WoW on low settings in 1440x900 at 5fps. Crap.

Fair point.

That CPU and RAM setup were no slouch for the time, though, being the fastest Northwood Pentium 4 (assuming yours is a Northwood) and 1gb of RAM only just becoming slightly affordable (although unless your board has 4 memory slots by some miracle...I think the 2gb was an upgrade afterwards, IIRC 1gb sticks weren't available at the time and boards only had 3 slots)

That's not 18 years old. 15 years ago I was putting Pentium II 450MHz slotted CPUs in my builds.

Fuck yeah. I still have my PII450. Board that I had (MSI MS-6163 Pro) has bad caps and no longer starts, unfortunately.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

inside-Copy_zps6d2a71cb.jpg

Im guessing because I can't remember exactly what its specs was since its been a while. Though the parts have long been upgraded, I still have them lying around here somewhere.

This picture was taken in 2005, it was my first PC (though pre-built) and I had absolutely no idea about PC hardware back then.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4
RAM: Generic 1gb RAM
Mobo: A Biostar one
HDD: Seagate 500gb
GPU: I can't exactly remember but I think it was a GeForce MX440
PSU: Generic crap PSU

Fuck yeah. I still have my PII450. Board that I had (MSI MS-6163 Pro) has bad caps and no longer starts, unfortunately.

I know the feeling, I had 2 of the caps on the VRM circuitry of my MSI MS-6154 Ver2.1 swell (almost burst), luckily my Jetway 994AN-L is still good, and since it supports slot 1 CPUs as well as socket 370 and 3 SDRAM sticks (pretty much all of the good stuff from 1999 except USB headers) I now have the rig working again, with 3 spare CPUs instead of 1.

PMSL

I have an 18 y/o PC lying around. It's got a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4,a GeForce 5200, 2 GB of DDR-400 RAM, two HDDs for a total of 80 GB, the drives use PATA cables, it has an intel made motherboard, and an overkillpartsthisshitty 250W PSU. In my teardown, I found a whole POUND OF DUST. Let me know what old pieces of crap you guys have.

18 y/o pentium 4...? Oldest P4 is 15 years old.

I think that the 5200 is 2004. 

This is an 11-12 year old PC, I believe.

2 years ago, I took apart a PC my brother built in 2001, it died 10 years later, none of us knew why. It had 1 256 MB DDR stick, and another 512 MB stick of RAM, a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS, and an AMD Athlon from 1999 (don't know the exact model). The only things left are a bent side panel and a 80mm fan filter.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

I know the feeling, I had 2 of the caps on the VRM circuitry of my MSI MS-6154 Ver2.1 swell (almost burst), luckily my Jetway 994AN-L is still good, and since it supports slot 1 CPUs as well as socket 370 and 3 SDRAM sticks (pretty much all of the good stuff from 1999 except USB headers) I now have the rig working again, with 3 spare CPUs instead of 1.

Mine had caps swell up in the same spot. I ought to replace them ASAP...they're starting to leak.

Mine had caps swell up in the same spot. I ought to replace them ASAP...they're starting to leak.

No if you can find high quality ones go ahead, otherwise its not worth worrying about.

PMSL

2 years ago, I took apart a PC my brother built in 2001, it died 10 years later, none of us knew why. It had 1 256 MB DDR stick, and another 512 MB stick of RAM, a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS, and an AMD Antlon from 1999 (don't know the exact model). The only things left are a bent side panel and a 80mm fan filter.

I would have taken the RAM and graphics card, I've got mine running on 384MB across 3 sticks, and its only got an old Stealth 3 32MB card.

PMSL

I would have taken the RAM and graphics card, I've got mine running on 384MB across 3 sticks, and its only got an old Stealth 3 32MB card.

My mom threw away the RAM lol. I forgot to mention I salvaged one of the fans, it's now in a heatsink! I took apart the GPU and I don't think it works anymore. I'll be scrapping the CPU pins and turning the rest into a keychain.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

My mom threw away the RAM lol. I forgot to mention I salvaged one of the fans, it's now in a heatsink! I took apart the GPU and I don't think it works anymore. I'll be scrapping the CPU pins and turning the rest into a keychain.

Its a shame that key chains is the only use for old CPUs outside of really low end media centers (only need to choose a HDD large enough to install XP, then mine is working again and pushing 1080p video).

PMSL

Its a shame that key chains is the only use for old CPUs outside of really low end media centers (only need to choose a HDD large enough to install XP, then mine is working again and pushing 1080p video).

I possibly might have had a use for it, but 12 year old me decided it would be fun to destroy the motherboard, so now it's in mobo heaven. 

Spoiler

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

I have an 15 year old PC:

AMD Thunderbird

Nvidia Geforce3 Ti200

512MB of Crucial memory. (This was from late '00. Thats A HELL of a lot of ram)

30GB HDD

Windows 98SE

The damn thing can still hold its own. It played Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Gold like a champ!

Along with all of the sim's from the day. Fight Sim 98, Combat Flight Sim WW2 Series.

Mech Warriors 3 as well.

Also manged to get it on to the internet simply by plugging it into out router with an ethernet cable. Plug and play no problem.

IE 5 FTW. It searched Google fine and loading websites was relativity fast. Youtube videos nope'ed so hard it crashed the browser.

Love that thing. Need to clean it up though, its really dusty. Also reapply thermal paste on GPU and CPU. It has to be so far gone by now.

My long term plan is to keep it going as long as possible. So far so good!

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

I pulled apart a pc with a slot Pentium 3 in it. I still have the P3.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (overclocked to 2200+)

768mb ram (upgraded from 256)

10 GB Fujitsu HDD

16mb Nvidia Riva TNT Video Card

56k modem

DVD Rom

Windows 98SE

Still works well for retro gaming. Wing Commander 3 setup says that the CPU is impossibly fast.

Pentium 75

32mb Ram (upgraded from 8)

800 MB hdd

2mb video

14.4k modem

CDROM

Windows 95

Plays wing commander 3 and NFS (original) well enough. Microsoft Internet Exporer (Internet Explorer 1) FTW. Actually IE 1 never worked well.

I have a 15 year old PC laying around, running the worst Windows OS so far (ME) and my keyboard and mouse don't work on it, so it's just a mobo laying around atm.

Dangerous Dell in my signature.. The thing has been ran hard for over 6 years... I have no acquired it since it used to be my brothers rig... It did have a 650ti in it, but the coil whine is real on it even when idling...

Also, one of the capacitors is really fucking bloated on it... Here is the capacitor in the top left of this photo.. The photo was only meant to show what it looked like since this thing was just filled with a ton of dust... That's why the 650ti has a lot of coil whine... You don't want to see the 650ti...

[spoiler=Look at the top left :( ]
uoZprih.jpg

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.