Apple loses $26 Billion after shares fall 4.2% due to recent events.

99vw

It would have the same effect as stock splitting (which they did heavily in April). However it would directly inject more cash into the company because instead of dropping the individual share price but the split ratio  they would be selling  X number of stocks at the current price to the market. Ergo more cash to them, more stock on the market and maintaining company value. 

No, it wouldn't. During stock splitting the individual share of sharehodlers stays the same and doesnt get diluted.

May I ask if you have any formal education it that area, or are you just catching up on investopedia etc. ?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

@MrSuperb

I have advisers for that, I don't have time to do it myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_split

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marketcapitalization.asp

And I am sure you can use google.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And I am sure you can use google.

Sure I can use google, but I am also one step ahead from formally getting my MBA and I own shares for almost 10 years now, so I would think that I know a thing or two about what I am talking. You and some others here come with big words they somewhere heard before, but have no clue afterall ...

I have to agree with Victorious here: it looks bad but look at how much money overall they have over 600 billion it's mind boggling, they'll be fine.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Sure I can use google, but I am also one step ahead from formally getting my MBA and I own shares for almost 10 years now, so I would think that I know a thing or two about what I am talking. You and some others here come with big words they somewhere heard before, but have no clue afterall ...

Still not too sure what your point is.  Are you trying to say something that we've all missed. Because from were I stand it looks like,  bar a few people, we're all saying the same thing.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Still not too sure what your point is.  Are you trying to say something that we've all missed. Because from were I stand it looks like,  bar a few people, we're all saying the same thing.

you said, that Apple lost access to some sort of "finacial ressource", which simply isn't true.

Then you said, that stock splitting and issuing new stock would have the same effect, which isn't true either.

Then you link two pages which basicaly confirm, that you are wrong ...

you said, that Apple lost access to some sort of "finacial ressource", which simply isn't true.

Then you said, that stock splitting and issuing new stock would have the same effect, which isn't true either.

Then you link two pages which basicaly confirm, that you are wrong ...

NP,

Share prices can be stupid, they drop to the floor or shoot sky high on rumours. 

That's because the investors sell or buy their stock based on rumors

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Alot of people here have no idea how stocks work and are throwing around terms like they know whats going on..I have to commend people for having an astounding amount of confidence in their wrong thinking. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green