NZXT’s Source 340

ObeseWalrus

Damn, that's sexy. But still, my dream case is this bad boy:

corsair-graphite-760t.jpg

Well.  You might find me weird.

But I think that case looks ugly as all hell. 

Love this!!!! Price (AUD)?

$200AUD

Well.  You might find me weird.

But I think that case looks ugly as all hell. 

Meh, Its okay....but meh 

It would be better with no ODDs and hidden HDDs. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Still not a micro ATX case. Your letting me down NZXT, I want a H series mATX case.

About the case on topic however, it looks very sleek, with good potential to water cool as the video shows. Very industrial, as they show off. Very pleased with the introduction of the PSU shroud into other cases besides the H440, it certainly improves the aesthetics and of course allows for more drives to be installed. I won't be buying one, but I can certainly see it being a decent seller and I get the appeal for it.

You are talking about inches. Its about 2 inches difference from ATX to mATX. Having the S340 setup to allow ATX motherboards in a Mid tower is one of the best unseen features. With ATX being the standard for motherboards, it makes since to produce a case with that in mind.

Seems pretty good, just a bit concerned by the lack of airflow the case will probably have

The front panel has a 2 inch gap up top that pulls air in. I didnt see any hits in airflow on this case. 

if you could also put a 240mm rad in the front i would totally buy it.

The front support 240/280 rads, so you can install a 240 rad. 

I think it actually looks awesome but I wish there was more radiator support. 

According to the site it only supports a 240 in the front and a 120 in the rear. There is no top radiator support.Looking at the case though they probably would not have to makes it that much bigger for a 240 in the top and 360 in the front. Should be mATX instead of full ATX....

Other wise i think it looks good but I am still looking more forward to the upcoming Enthoo Evlov because of the above. The price on this case is really good though and hopefully they will make a more expensive model to address some of the water cooling support.

Support 280 in front, not just 240. We had to make some sacrifices in order to keep the case at a price point, while being budget friend. It really is a no frills case. 

Any stats on the weight yet? All steel will be incredibly heavy.

7.05kg or 15.5 lbs

Oh yes, I wonder what price the will be here in Denmark, because I'm in the market for a new one and this looks like the place to buy one.

Pricing should be the same. 

that thing if its got a high quality think steel will be HEAVY

7.5kg or 15.5 lbs

NZXT is the new Corsair.

Umm no. Corsair will always be Corsair, and we will always be NZXT. 

Make a matx version and I'll ditch everything else for it.

either way depending on temps. I will probably get it over my n600

You are talking about inches. Its about 2 inches difference from ATX to mATX. Having the S340 setup to allow ATX motherboards in a Mid tower is one of the best unseen features. With ATX being the standard for motherboards, it makes since to produce a case with that in mind.

$70 wtf I want it

NZXT needs to make more mATX cases though. If they turn out like this, it's an instant buy for me.

See above.

• 360° of steel casing surrounding the all-steel chassis
  • Grommet-less cable management bar keeps cables tidy with ease
  • Full 280mm radiator support for the latest Kraken cooler
  • Compact form factor coming in two inches below competing mid towers
  • Detailed design and engineering with tons of small touches
  • Very easy to build in for new and experienced users alike
  • Integrated PSU shroud for an ultra clean build
  • Fully filtered intakes

Steel is the most common material for a case, how is this even a "feature"? Better than Raidmax plastic I guess.

Grommets are what help hide cables..this is removing a feature that became standard, too cheap to spare for some rubber, NXZT?

Support is always good.

Still not an matx or itx case, but reasonably sized for atx.

edit: Wow, not bad for 70 dollars. That promo video was still bad, though.

edit edit: Looked at this case on other sites and it was just a lousy video not telling you anything + an OP post that could have been more detailed. This case is actually amazing, I might get it.

Adding the Cable Management bar, removes the needs for grommets. Plus adding the grommets adds more to the price.

It just seems a bit restrictive

Its not really. Looks at in the terms of suction. It pulls air in by the fans sucking it in. Its not as restrictive as you think.

I guess you're right. I like the case a lot now so I'll probably go ATX.

Also would there be enough room for an h80i in the back? exhust, and a fan filter in the top as another intake with the 2 in the front?

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I guess you're right. I like the case a lot now so I'll probably go ATX.

Also would there be enough room for an h80i in the back? exhust, and a fan filter in the top as another intake with the 2 in the front?

I was able to mount that 120 rad in the back of the video case, so I would say YEP. :D

So it's a steel box, with flat completely plainly designed sides, and one side has a plastic window. Am I missing anything or is this the most boring looking case ever?

Skip designing the outside, and design the inside to the nines? 

So it's a steel box, with flat completely plainly designed sides, and one side has a plastic window. Am I missing anything or is this the most boring looking case ever?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've always preferred the 'less is more' approach, and I appreciate this case's subtlety and angles. There are, of course, several other styles of cases to choose from if you prefer a more 'aggressive' look.

I prefer this over a "look at me screaming GAMING" case any day, the more simple the more elegant and serious in my opinion.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Meh. Looks clean, perfect to mod in, budget at $70, and can fit in a work/office environment. Different ways of looking at it for different people. At least people won't mistake as a trash can and throw their half eaten sandwich in  :)

Guys don't get me wrong, I like clean as well, but I think a happy medium between overly designed and not designed at all is best (and yes I know this case is "designed", I am more meaning its 95% un-adornished).

Umm no. Corsair will always be Corsair, and we will always be NZXT. 

It was a compliment dude. Did you not get that?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

And he's saying that they're not conforming. They're better. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

tumblr_m11vv8pjs81qcie43o1_500.gif

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

He didn't say anything like that. He just said that Corsair will always be Corsair and NZXT will always be NZXT.

Which he has to, because his company's brand identity hinges on it. They evidently don't want to be seen as the next Corsair, because people will inevitably compare them to it. His job is to make sure the community knows what NZXT's brand is, make people excited about their products, and make sure people like me don't compare them to companies that have historically been believed to churn out better products than they do by enthusiast communities.

What I meant when I said that is that they've managed to best Corsair's designs several times now and they've shown they can tastefully design good looking cases that are beautifully built and aesthetically pleasing. I was saying that it now seems that they have bested Corsair, and now make better products. They are in my mind the new kings of the "regular" case industry, (as opposed to say Lian-Li, CaseLabs and InWin) and that's a great place to be. A lot of innovations have been made by them in the past year, bucking 5.25" bays, shrouding cable management, and covering up the PSU. Innovations that make the job easier for the builder and the end result more aesthetically pleasing, like Corsair used to have a history of doing.

Congrats, NZXT. You've finally made it.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

if you could also put a 240mm rad in the front i would totally buy it.

You can fit a NZXT Kraken X61 in the front.

looks great! I will might this for a new case because of it's price but the only thing it stands out to me is that it doesn't come with 5.25 drive bays, might consider this or some other case like a h440

The 5.25" bays are probably under the PSU cover, don't get your hopes down yet.