NZXT’s Source 340

ObeseWalrus

Oh sorry, thought you said 3.5". Anyways, why would you want a 5.25" bay? They're not very useful these days anyways.

fan controller or led controller 

fan controller or led controller 

Eh, I personally won't buy a motherboard that's not an ASUS with at least AI Suite 3 since I care so much for Fan Xpert and a silent system.

Eh, I personally won't buy a motherboard that's not an ASUS with at least AI Suite 3 since I care so much for Fan Xpert and a silent system.

That's your opinion, not mine, each person has a different opinion

That's your opinion, not mine, each person has a different opinion

Exactly, I like drive bays as well.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

This is beautiful.

EDIT: I expected a $140-ish pricetage but that price WHAT. Instantbuy if I wanted a case.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Looks really neat. How does that cable management work though? I don't really understand.

? The white cover just shrouds over the hole for the traditional 24pin power and other stuff. There are cable tie points in the back, and the psu shroud is open in the back.

I approve of this, no high-performance, lightweight aluminium.

Fixed it for you. There's a reason air and liquid-cooling competition overclockers used Lian Li cases, and it was the fact aluminum dragged heat away from the inside far faster than steel or plastic would or just air on its own.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Fixed it for you. There's a reason air and liquid-cooling competition overclockers used Lian Li cases, and it was the fact aluminum dragged heat away from the inside far faster than steel or plastic would or just air on its own.

Meh, there are new alloys of steel that outperform aluminium in weight to strength. Aluminium is also harder to work with and less forgiving than steel.

Edit: on a side note, how can I get the correct spelling of aluminium to not show up as a spelling error?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Meh, there are new alloys of steel that outperform aluminium in weight to strength. Aluminium is also harder to work with and less forgiving than steel.

Edit: on a side note, how can I get the correct spelling of aluminium to not show up as a spelling error?

Stupid Brit... Jk but I have no idea. I don't hear it called aluminium outside the UK though.

Who cares about case strength? Aluminum can hold a quad-SLI config with watercooling and be fine. Get the thermal performance of aluminum.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Stupid Brit... Jk but I have no idea. I don't hear it called aluminium outside the UK though.

Who cares about case strength? Aluminum can hold a quad-SLI config with watercooling and be fine. Get the thermal performance of aluminum.

Not as moddable, more easily damaged when working on it, etc. I'm not a Brit either, I just happen to know the correct spelling.

I just mock aluminium because I'm a welder and fall into the "steel is better" camp, to me aluminium is a pussy metal, it kinks, it tears, it cries....

Not as moddable, more easily damaged when working on it, etc. I'm not a Brit either, I just happen to know the correct spelling.

I just mock aluminium because I'm a welder and fall into the "steel is better" camp, to me aluminium is a pussy metal, it kinks, it tears, it cries....

Word of the day haha

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Word of the day haha

*shrugs*

And so GabeN has decreed that all cases to be approved of must have a large percentage of non-pussy metal.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Joanne (ex-Newegg TV host) published her hands on video of the Source 340...

It's a beautiful mini-monolith of a case, but I feel they could have done a better job on the top. Instead of only one fan without radiator support, I would have preferred to see a fan-free, clean surface. I suppose it could be modded, though. Because the top is a textured matte black even with the white version, I suppose I could do something like this...

Yeah. It's interesting how NZXT avoided posting any pictures of the top view at all.....

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I was so close to rageing cause I just bought the H440 the other day and I thought this was gonna be it's successor (H450, H540). Glad to see it's a little brother.

If you're gonna rage every time a product better than what you bought gets released, you're going to end up either killing yourself or going bankrupt.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy is better than steel. It's almost as good as titanium, but a lot cheaper.

Spoiler

Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy is better than steel. It's almost as good as titanium, but a lot cheaper.

not entirely correct, there are now alloy's of steel that are superior in tensile strength to weight ratio, however aluminium still retains a better ability to dissipate heat, which is why aluminium and titanium are used for the skin of aircraft.

Yeah. It's interesting how NZXT avoided posting any pictures of the top view at all.....

The pictures are renders at are up on this site.   If you want a hard picture see here, 

3-2.jpg

The pictures are renders at are up on this site.   If you want a hard picture see here, 

3-2.jpg

Thanks, that gives me a pretty good idea of what I will have to mod as a white cover for it. Maybe plastidip will look better, not too sure.

Spoiler

He didn't say anything like that. He just said that Corsair will always be Corsair and NZXT will always be NZXT.

Which he has to, because his company's brand identity hinges on it. They evidently don't want to be seen as the next Corsair, because people will inevitably compare them to it. His job is to make sure the community knows what NZXT's brand is, make people excited about their products, and make sure people like me don't compare them to companies that have historically been believed to churn out better products than they do by enthusiast communities.

What I meant when I said that is that they've managed to best Corsair's designs several times now and they've shown they can tastefully design good looking cases that are beautifully built and aesthetically pleasing. I was saying that it now seems that they have bested Corsair, and now make better products. They are in my mind the new kings of the "regular" case industry, (as opposed to say Lian-Li, CaseLabs and InWin) and that's a great place to be. A lot of innovations have been made by them in the past year, bucking 5.25" bays, shrouding cable management, and covering up the PSU. Innovations that make the job easier for the builder and the end result more aesthetically pleasing, like Corsair used to have a history of doing.

Congrats, NZXT. You've finally made it.

We are a smaller company then people seemed to believe. Maybe pushing mid 30s world wide, where Corsair has over 500+. 

Our culture is 1000% times different then every other manufacturer out on the market. Its one of the reasons why I came to work at  NZXT over  the others. 

Our design team has a relentless passion to bringing innovative designs and features no one else is doing. Its about quality not quantity. 

Also, We made it with the Phantom case 4 years ago :D

Hey guys just a little post about a few things..

If your in the LA area and want to do a focus group with NZXT, please see this.

Now, we are doing a product survey as well, https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/nzxtPSOCN

AMA on Reddit to about the case as well