The Alienware Area-51 gaming rig just got a strange redesign with x99

SO EDGY

DUBSTEP

GAMES YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED

ALIENWARE, BECAUSE ENTHUSIAST PLATFORMS ARE FOR GAMING RIGHT? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I think you guys are too critical of this PC. I see people on the internet arguing that the design is impractical and that the triangular shape serves no purpose and you couldn't be more wrong. See, while most people were doing whatever BS it is that they do, I was taking notes about the tech trends. The analysts are now shouting from the rooftops that the future is portability and the PC is dying.

Don't you see what Alienware is doing? They're intentionally putting empty space in your case so you carry what's left of your belongings after your bank forecloses on your broke ass after you've financed this monster @ 22%. Portability is today's game you immobile home-having casuals. Alienware's been one step in front of us all this whole time.

Oh fuck all of you

seriously, fuck off, the lot of you.

"dell this dell that"

It's not fucking dell you shitheaded retards.

God I am so sick of this stupid bullshit Bias from ignorant PC users, it's getting on the last of my fucking nerves.

You know, I'm at PAX today, and I find the Alienware booth, and I get to meet Frank Azor, and talk to a few of the other Alienware people at the booth, and also the guy who designed the new case work of that machine.

He's not some random guy, His name is Tom, and he let me in on a little secret.

He worked his ass off designing a tower that'd fit their new theme and gave an attempt at trying to generate something new and interesting, something outside of the norm that still functions within normal spec.
HE said to me "I put my heart into that, and reading all the hateful comments just kills me inside"

So you know what?

I don't speak for Alienware, but I'm sure a few of them would share my sentiements when I say this, FUCK ALL OF YOU.

^^^ is angrrrrrryyyy

It is very unique looking, i wouldn't buy one but i don't hate it.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Guys I think it looks great tbh. We're just poking fun at alienware, because well..... it's an alienware.

I actually think the design is genius, it looks interesting and its functional, look at the shape, with the motherboard rotated and the vents on top at an angle you get a unique look that also aids in cooling due to the simple fact that heat rises. This would also mean that this design will not have "hotspots" or pockets on the case that get extremely hot since they  don't get proper airflow. To be honest if you took the core design of this case and made it minimalistic in styling you would have something like a piece of modern art.

By the way Art to me is something that looks  neat and is also functional withou having  the  looks interfere with the usability.

wtf?

Alienware. This is 2014, the human brain is not ready yet for this tech.. Go back to year 2654

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Let_8bea3c_1486839.gif

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Could this be Alienware trying to become a legit Gaming PC manufacture? Selling rigs with X99 and DDR4?

X99 is such overkill for gaming. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

X99 is such overkill for gaming. 

Ikr. But if there selling a system with 3 780s....

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Could this be Alienware trying to become a legit Gaming PC manufacture? Selling rigs with X99 and DDR4?

Should post some pictures too

Alienware have always been a legit Gaming PC maker, they are still massively more expensive than self built but they are decentish, not the best motherboards but their pcs are well built and last well (also dell warranty is pretty good) they also look good too

(although I prefer their laptops)

I dont know how I feel about this PC, one one hand it looks quite cool, but also really ugly..at the same time

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It looks like two Urinals glued together

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Alienware pcs aren't that bad at all, they are just overpriced.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Looks like an alien egg. There's going to be one hefty price tag with this machine.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

can we at least lay it on its side? Having it stand up like that makes it look... weird...

Looks like a space heater.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

RIP the last GPU

gadget-alienware-area-51-pc-3.jpg

Link

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4