880 or 780 ti ?

Santho

I'd still save the $200 myself but if you really want a 780ti and have the money then get it I guess.

Could I ask why you feel more comfortable with nvidia though?

I don't really have a good explanation but i have always used Nvidia. 

I don't really have a good explanation but i have always used Nvidia. 

I see, I'd still suggest you take a look at the other teams offerings though as $200 is quite a saving. But there's nothing wrong with a 780ti, I just like pushing price/performance.

What does the rest of the build look like out of interest?

I see, I'd still suggest you take a look at the other teams offerings though as $200 is quite a saving. But there's nothing wrong with a 780ti, I just like pushing price/performance.

What does the rest of the build look like out of interest

Asus Maximus Fomrula Vii formula

4x4 G.Skill Trident X memory

Corsair 450d or Air 540

Corsair AX 860

Corsair H105

Intel i5 4690k

And the award for weirdest comment of the day goes to, this one.

But seriously if it's in your budget why wouldn't you get one?

It might be weird but it the principle of it is 100% correct. Also a man wanting to build an $8000 workstation also has room for a 780 Ti, that does not mean he wants one or more. He wants a quadro or Firepro. If you can choose between $700 graphics card or $450-500 for about 10% less fps then it is 100% worth contemplating. The money you save could be put to maybe upgrading a different part or for taking your wife/girlfriend out for dinner. 

I'll repeat: Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Asus Maximus Fomrula Vii formula

4x4 G.Skill Trident X memory

Corsair 450d or Air 540

Corsair AX 860

Corsair H105

Intel i5 4690k

Strictly gaming I take it? Or maybe some content creation / whatever down the line?

I'm going to build a new gaming pc very soon but i'm just wondering if i should buy the 780 ti or wait for the 880? will the 880 even be better than the 780 ti performance wise?

Thx in advance

Get a 290

Spoiler

I'm going to start LOLing at people who ask if they should get a 780 ti. If you are willing to spend that much money on a card then don't you think it's a wise choice to research the hell out of it instead of letting people on a forum tell you what to get? I'm not going to tell someone to buy a $700 card. That's too much pressure.

And by the way if you aren't an expert when it comes to graphics cards then just get an R9 290. It's cheaper.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

End of discussion...Buy 2 Tis!

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Because there is such a thing as price per performance and the 780 ti suck at is.

Sleep deprivation is playing tricks on me. I thought for a moment it was Cokeman saying there's price:performance to consider...

Then I realised he never says anything useful and it can't be him :P

Strictly gaming I take it? Or maybe some content creation / whatever down the line?

Yup strictly gaming and everyday use ^^ Gonna order the parts listed above soon. I'll wait and see what i'll do with the gpu part P also i need an opinion on the cases, 450d or air 540 ?:

Yup strictly gaming and everyday use ^^ Gonna order the parts listed above soon. I'll wait and see what i'll do with the gpu part P also i need an opinion on the cases, 450d or air 540 ?:

I quite like the Air 540 for the clean build it allows with the chamber design.

I'm going to build a new gaming pc very soon but i'm just wondering if i should buy the 780 ti or wait for the 880? will the 880 even be better than the 780 ti performance wise?

Thx in advance

At this present moment you're better off saving your money or getting an r9 290. Preferably the tri-x or vapor-x from sapphire because of the overclocking headroom and superior cooling. Plus, I'm certain the 880 will be slightly under the 780ti in terms of performance.

Truthfully, I can't see nvidia releasing the 880 for under 600 dollars and have it perform better than their current flagship.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

it should be 20% performance. it'll be out by the 19th so I would just wait if you can

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

it should be 20% performance. it'll be out by the 19th so I would just wait if you can

How would you know that?

How would you know that?

because the company aims for 35% performance increase over the last generation (gtx 780)(20% over 780ti) . it'll be annouced at IBC 2014 in the netherlands and the NDA/Release will probably be the friday after.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I think the 780 TI will still probably be more powerful than the 880, but obviously its all just speculation. This is just based on some online discussions on tech websites I've seen about a card that was submitted for certification by Nvidia that is almost certainly the 880. Its basically a revamped gk 104, which is the card used for the gtx 770. Not all the exact specs are known based on that information, but apparently some information can be gleaned from what was submitted, and it seems unlikely based on what I read that the card will be more powerful than the 780TI. Smaller, cooler, more power efficient and with an extra gig of VRAM yes, but still probably not scoring as well on benchmarks as the 780 TI except possibly in a few situations where the 780 TIs lower VRAM proves to be a huge bottleneck(like in watchdogs). From what I read there is even the possibility that it will barely perform as well as the non TI 780, but the most likely scenario seems to be that its performance will lie somewhere between the 780 and 780 TI.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

I think the 780 TI will still probably be more powerful than the 880, but obviously its all just speculation. This is just based on some online discussions on tech websites I've seen about a card that was submitted for certification by Nvidia that is almost certainly the 880. Its basically a revamped gk 104, which is the card used for the gtx 770. Not all the exact specs are known based on that information, but apparently some information can be gleaned from what was submitted, and it seems unlikely based on what I read that the card will be more powerful than the 780TI. Smaller, cooler, more power efficient and with an extra gig of VRAM yes, but still probably not scoring as well on benchmarks as the 780 TI except possibly in a few situations where the 780 TIs lower VRAM proves to be a huge bottleneck(like in watchdogs). From what I read there is even the possibility that it will barely perform as well as the non TI 780, but the most likely scenario seems to be that its performance will lie somewhere between the 780 and 780 TI.

You're completely forgetting the fact 256 bit on maxwell is soo much more efficient than 256 bit kepler will ever be. It'll performance better than a 780ti. it'll be 35% better than than a 780 and that taking into account the 256 bit interface.

Computing enthusiast. 

because the company aims for 35% performance increase over the last generation (gtx 780)(20% over 780ti) . it'll be annouced at IBC 2014 in the netherlands and the NDA/Release will probably be the friday after.

Ah sweet. Thanks for the info

as far as i know, the 780ti (and the normal 780) will be better than the new 880

because the new 880 will the replacement the 770 (and not the 780)  :ph34r:

I've read rumors, that the 800 series cards are gonna get released with the same 28nm. But then on January-ish, they're gonna release the 800 series 20nm cards. So i'd hold off until January. If you absolutely can't wait, I'd go 880 next month.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x