Why don't you like IE?

JordanMac

Also, as someone who has tried making nice-looking web pages in IE, I just hate it.

The nice looking part isnt the problem (except in IE6, which barely anyone uses anymore anyway), but the functionality (Javascript/Ajax, HTML5)...

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

IE used to suck, bad. It used to be clunky, ugly, and slow. Nowadays, with IE 10, these problems have been solved and I can honestly say I have almost no complaints. However, IE renders some fonts incorrectly, their flash is not built in and can be buggy, and their bookmarks system is not as good as Chrome's. Other than that IE has vastly improved since the horrendous days of IE 6 and 7. 

Gear: Logitech G9X | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech Z623 | Das Keyboard Professional MX Blue | 2X ASUS VH242 23.6" | Samsung Galaxy S4 | Sager NP8230

Main PC: Windows 8.1 | NZXT Tempest EVO | FX 6200 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 12 GB Assorted 1333 MHz | Zalman CNPS9500 | MSI 6850 Hawk @ Stock | Rosewill 600W

Home Server: Windows Server 2012 Datacenter | CM HAF-X | Phenom II 925 @ Stock | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 | 8 GB G.SKILL 1866 MHz | Noctua NH-U12P | MSI 7970 TF Boost @ 1200 MHz | Corsair AX 850

Having tried to develop a website, IE is incredibly frustrating. they only implemented a basic use of HTML5 in IE9 - not enough for it to actually work - so my site rendered as plain text (for some reason the CSS didn't work either). IE10 seems to work, but they are years late. And ActiveX is a massive security flaw. As the guy in this video:

i have problems switching back and forth. so until chrome absolutely shits its self, i wont change. i dont feel like learning a new set of preferences and tab system to change back to IE or change to FF.

however. since IE 10 use and this add

i fine IE slightly more tolerable

said, IE is only good for downloading another browser.

HTTP/2 203

IE renders some fonts incorrectly

Not that i would want to defend IE, but on Chrome (Windows) just about every (non standard) font looks shitty compared to firefox :D

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Assuming the differences are negligible for non developers (seems to be the consensus), IE losing out in two things: Customizability and Security.

Doesnt matter how well protected IE is to start with, it ships with every copy of windows and is used by tons of people so you're going to be seeing a lot more viruses and such created for it. It may be "just as good" as everything else but it will always be less secure

Really slow and insecure!

Space Oddity on IE - 4.1 seconds from blank page

Space Oddity on Chrome - 3.2 seconds from blank page

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Not that i would want to defend IE, but on Chrome (Windows) just about every (non standard) font looks shitty compared to firefox :D

Because Chrome uses Window's font rendering.

Reason I changed IE10 to google chrome is because it act strange, IE10 when I open 1 tab, it makes me think that as if I'm opening a new window under my taskbar. Well, that's my opinion and the UI looks square-ish.

I don't hate it, but it's Windows only, so kinda uninteresting for me. But the last time I used it on my dad's laptop it took a few seconds (at least that what it felt like) to open a new blank tab, which is very annoying.

Can't really customize it, feels slow even on high end systems (IE10 is way better than the older ones), crashes way to often. And i also prefers how chrome handles tabs, and how it syncs between devices.

I use 4 browsers for different accounts in this order Chrome/Chromium > FireFox > Opera > IE10

Main Rig: Intel Core i5 2500K @4.7Ghz, Noctua NH-U12s, Asus z68 V-Pro, Evga GTX 970, Samsung EVO 250Gb, Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600 MHz 16GB,fractal design define r3, XFX XXX 850W

Laptop: Clevo w230st, 13.3" 1080p screen,  CPU intel i5 4200M(Someone want's to donate a i7-4700qm? :P), 8gb ram 1600Mhz, Geforce gtx 765m, SSD: mSata Evo 120Gb(still room for one more), HHD: 1Tb 7200rpm, 

I use IE...

For downloading Chrome and Firefox.

For me it used to be giving out because of the old saying, You design to webpages one for IE and one for everything else. 

Microsoft tried to rewrite the rules of webpages, now its all about speed, customizability and Adblock.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

If I start IE, FF then Chrome in that order, Chrome starts, FF opens and 20 sec later IE opens.

For me its to close to even notice, gotta love that SSD :p 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

The explorer experience seems much slower to load web pages, I like using chrome because of the integration with YouTube and Firefox because of the add ons available 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

The older versions of IE were good. 6,7,8 were old school. And they worked. People could have always used Firefox but most people used IE because it was good and it did the job. Then Chrome came along and people started to realise how much faster it was and had a lot more customisation options for it. IE has tried to match it but hasn't been able to. The CSS and Javascript just didn't work. As a student web developer, this was annoying because I had to make sure it worked in all browsers and I can tell you, that is annoying. However, IE 10 is starting to look much better and it seems to work. People are now so used to Chrome and Firefox, no need to change.

I think that is the general consensus of most people I know.

Corsair 300r Case with OCZ ZT 750W PSU | Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor | Asus P8Z77-V LGA1155 Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) | OCZ Vertex 4 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD | AMD Sapphire 7770 Vapor-X 1GB Video Card | 2 Acer S220HQL 22" monitors |
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3500dpi

I have heard IE 10 has been improved a bit, but it's still inferior in my opinion to Firefox and Chrome. They are just much faster and more reliable.

No proper ad-blocker plug-in. The lion's share of malware is distributed through compromised advertisements and I just can't be bothered with having to get rid of malware.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I switched from IE to Chrome when IE was far behind chrome.  I'll only switch back if IE pulls far ahead of Chrome.  No reason to switch back and forth otherwise.

Though, IE10 is good enough that I won't laugh at people with new computers that just use IE10 like I used to for the older IEs.

Because it's IE.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Pretty much has been said before but so the others don't feel alone:

1. Can't customize it

2. Can't block ads

3. Can't block scripts

4. Can't stop Flash from auto playing

5. Can't create different profiles and run those different profiles at the same time

6. Can't trust it

7. Always behind in the latest browser feature sets

That being said it does a good job at downloading Firefox, Opera, & Chrome

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

That being said it does a good job at downloading Firefox, Opera, & Chrome

The only time I've ever used IE on my computer was to get chrome :/ 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |