Why don't you like IE?

JordanMac

I've always used Internet Explorer, ive tried chrome and firefox but not seen any reason to switch. why do you guys not like IE?

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

It's a pain to customize. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Because I had to develop web stuff for Opera, Firefox, Chrome, IE (both 6 & 7++). IE always gave me problems with simple CSS stuff.

Also, it doesn't save previously open pages by default afaik, takes a while to load used to hang from time to time on sites like slashdot. 

There are many possible reason. The newest IE version is fairly decent.

As a developer i hate any version lower then 10. Not only are they worse performers, have less features and are more prone to have security risks, but the worst of all, they fail to implement even the most basic html, css and javascript features correct.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

just feels outdated  and slow to

Pretty much already said 

• Slow for me

• Not easy to customize

• Less flexibility

• Doesn't cooperate well with HTML/CSS/Javascript

• Outdated 

I advise anyone to try IE10 tho, its pretty fast and decent.

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

yeah im on 10 at the moment and its a big jump from 9, it feels like it flows better.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

If I start IE, FF then Chrome in that order, Chrome starts, FF opens and 20 sec later IE opens.

yeah im on 10 at the moment and its a big jump from 9, it feels like it flows better.

As far as i know the javascript engine is one or even the fastest right now. They did a really great job over the last years in trying to get this thing to be standards conform and fast.

A couple of years ago i would have laught at people for using IE, but since this version i wouldnt mind people using it. It's the only IE Version i will support in upcoming web applications.

If I start IE, FF then Chrome in that order, Chrome starts, FF opens and 20 sec later IE opens.

for me on IE 10 it opens the same time as chrome

I love chrome the minute I first tried it!

For me, IE is just way to slow... and it just poor in customize interface...

chrome is a great browser, but lacks many addons & features i really need. Right now I'm using Aurora (Firefox alpha2 channel), it pretty stable and i get all the good stuff early on.

for me on IE 10 it opens the same time as chrome

I can't even click fast enough to compare them... Both are pretty much up instantaneous. Firefox with 20+ Addons, 15+ Plugins and about 5k Bookmarks takes about 1-2 seconds.

Takes to long to start up, tabs tend to lagg and freeze. Overall performance is Sh*t.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I switched from Firefox to IE 10 when I changed to Windows 8 and I am lovely it!

\

When ever I download something on IE it is corrupted, with FireFox and Chrome there are no problems.

i have problems switching back and forth. so until chrome absolutely shits its self, i wont change. i dont feel like learning a new set of preferences and tab system to change back to IE or change to FF.

however. since IE 10 use and this add

i fine IE slightly more tolerable

To be honest, on my last PC (and few others) IE simply works much smoother compared to any other web browser (Chrome, Firefox...etc.). Firefox have worst performance, but, it is most secure.

Only difference between those browsers is with Chrome playing youtube videos far better than IE and FF. IE works better with pages, scrolling etc. And Firefox is worst in any scenario, but, it is best for usage, and most secure, so, every browser ahve it's pros and cons. And it depends what is your priority.

I tried IE 10, and I thought it was 9 when using it.

Was disappointed to see it still be bad.

Exactly this

I don't like the layout of the tabs and the URL bar.

Also, as someone who has tried making nice-looking web pages in IE, I just hate it.

Lack of good extensions. Some weird rendering issues too (mostly before IE10 though).

I don't like how it looks, and it isn't as easily customization as Chrome or FireFox. They don't have any good plugins/extensions, plus it performs worse.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Sucks to customise, lacks the addons that Firefox has and crashed every minute - literally.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?