Sennheiser G4ME Zero to Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 ?

Dicehunter

I don't know why but I have the itch after seeing the Audio-Technica cans, Specs of the ATH's are as follows -

Specification:
- Type: Open-air Dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 53 mm
- Frequency Response: 5 – 30,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 700 mW
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Weight (without cord): 280 g
- Cord: 1.0 m
- Connector: 3.5 mm (1/8”) mini stereo, gold-plated (4 pole)
- Accessories: USB adaptor, 2.0 m extension cord
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- Microphone Polar Pattern: Unidirectional
- Microphone Frequency Response: 100 – 12,000 Hz
- Microphone Sensitivity: -46.5 dB (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)

Would switching over be a bit of a silly move ?

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Would switching over be a bit of a silly move ?

probably

The game zero is a VERY good headset

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

probably

The game zero is a VERY good headset

I think it's the larger driver, Broader frequency response and general aesthetics that are drawing me towards it to be honest

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

I think it's the larger driver, Broader frequency response and general aesthetics that are drawing me towards it to be honest

Cool

Send me your game zero? ;0

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Not worth at all. Keep your money or get some more expensive and different headphones... especially since I expect you to use them for gaming almost exclusively, the Game Zero's are already very good.

Edit: Also, the human hearing range is 20hz to 20,000hz so anything above than that is pretty much useless on any given headphones. A lower frequency you won't be able to hear but might be able to feel it. So don't base your headphones choices on frequency alone.

Ok nice one peeps, I shall stick with the G4ME Zeros, Momentary insanity has passed :lol:

Not worth at all. Keep your money or get some more expensive and different headphones... especially since I expect you to use them for gaming almost exclusively, the Game Zero's are already very good.

Edit: Also, the human hearing range is 20hz to 20,000hz so anything above than that is pretty much useless on any given headphones. A lower frequency you won't be able to hear but might be able to feel it. So don't base your headphones choices on frequency alone.

Perfect answer thank you :)

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Ok nice one peeps, I shall stick with the G4ME Zeros, Momentary insanity has passed :lol:

It too is based on a much cheaper headphone though. HD 558 if we're being conservative, 518 if we're being realistic.

It too is based on a much cheaper headphone though. HD 558 if we're being conservative, 518 if we're being realistic.

"Based" on yes but the G4ME has a much higher impedance ergo it's brilliant at high volumes, Same could be said really about most headphones really :)

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

"Based" on yes but the G4ME has a much higher impedance

I'd like to see some measurements of this. The number on the spec sheet means nothing, since Sennheiser can pretty much just pick a number.

59702d1c05.png

ergo it's brilliant at high volumes, Same could be said really about most headphones really :)

I'd also like evidence for this. What makes higher impedance headphones better at higher volumes?

I'd also like evidence for this. What makes higher impedance headphones better at higher volumes?

It improves the, uh, clarity. And control, yes. And less distortion. Mm hm.

It improves the, uh, clarity. And control, yes. And less distortion. Mm hm.

It does this through electromagnetic suspension of the distributor valve 

It does this through electromagnetic suspension of the distributor valve 

That's what they told me at the garage when I took my Sennheisers in for routine service.

That's what they told me at the garage when I took my Sennheisers in for routine service.

Whey, speaking of those audiopeels, why you still no join the Teamspeak. 

Whey, speaking of those audiopeels, why you still no join the Teamspeak. 

Because I hate myself and everyone around me.

Because I hate myself and everyone around me.

Solid reason.

I'd like to see some measurements of this. The number on the spec sheet means nothing, since Sennheiser can pretty much just pick a number.

It's basic sound engineering dude, It's kind of a basic principle, Higher impedance means less distortion at higher volumes it really is that simple.

A good explanation of it is here - http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-impedance 

But the main point is number 5 Allow Solid State Op Amps to work more efficiently with less distortion

And if by that logic of Sennheiser just making up the number they put on the box the same can be said for every other brand on the planet :P

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Or if you won't, I will:

And I never said it was common knowledge as you can clearly see from my post I never said any such thing, I said it is basic sound engineering.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

What's with the attitude, Swearing at me and being very offensive and insultive ?

And I never said it was common knowledge as you can clearly see from my post I never said any such thing, I said it is basic sound engineering.

Poor word choice, but it doesn't change my point.

It's basic sound engineering dude, It's kind of a basic principle, Higher impedance means less distortion at higher volumes it really is that simple.

A good explanation of it is here - http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-impedance

Except that link said nothing about lower distortion at higher volumes. If this principle is so basic, try actually explaining/proving it instead of halfassing it plz.

And if by that logic of Sennheiser just making up the number they put on the box the same can be said for every other brand on the planet :P

There's no standard of determining the nominal impedance rating of a headphone, so, yes.

Open or Closed? Dicehunter, do you need this to be an all-in-one solution, or will you be fine with getting the pieces separately?

Is budget an issue?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Open or Closed? Dicehunter, do you need this to be an all-in-one solution, or will you be fine with getting the pieces separately?

Is budget an issue?

Well I've never had open back headphones so it would be very new to me as I've only ever had closed.

And budget isn't really an issue, My main thing though is would I see ANY benefit from going from the Zero's to the ADG1's ?

Thanks for the reply :)

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Well I've never had open back headphones so it would be very new to me as I've only ever had closed.

And budget isn't really an issue, My main thing though is would I see ANY benefit from going from the Zero's to the ADG1's ?

Thanks for the reply :)

That would actually depend on how you like the sound signatures that tend to differentiate between Open and Closed Back. Try and demo some headphones (The AD700X and HD380 pro are actually the closest equivalents for these two gaming headsets and are cheaper. Even when paired with an external mic. Of course, if you really want an all-in-one option and easier console compatibility, that's your choice), especially if you can demo these two, and make a decision from there.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

That would actually depend on how you like the sound signatures that tend to differentiate between Open and Closed Back. Try and demo some headphones (The AD700X and HD380 pro are actually the closest equivalents for these two gaming headsets and are cheaper. Even when paired with an external mic. Of course, if you really want an all-in-one option and easier console compatibility, that's your choice), especially if you can demo these two, and make a decision from there.

I'll see if any shops in town do a try before you buy type thing, Thanks for the info :)

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter