Watch Dogs Frame Drops Everywhere.

Peter Eric

Hello , Thanks for the Support .

Why does Watch Dogs on Ultra have so much trouble running on my Machine ?

On Ultra there is frame drops Everywhere and most of the time it runs at 45 Fps . And My Pc. is Capable of running it .

It surpasses What they recommended on their website for Ultra settings and I installed the latest Patches for the game .

Why is that ? And is there any solution ?    I am currently running Windows 8 .

Thank you for your time .

Specs .

Intel Core i7 4770k 

Msi Geforce Gtx 780

Msi Gaming MotherBoard

8 Gb Kingston Hyper-x Memory 1600 Mhz

7200 Rpm Segate Hard Drive

Hello , Thanks for the Support .

Why does Watch Dogs on Ultra have so much trouble running on my Machine ?

On Ultra there is frame drops Everywhere and most of the time it runs at 45 Fps . And My Pc. is Capable of running it .

It surpasses What they recommended on their website for Ultra settings and I installed the latest Patches for the game .

Why is that ? And is there any solution ?    I am currently running Windows 8 .

Pretty sure it's the game itself. It was poorly optimized for the PC.

TBH, it was the biggest current let down for gaming, it was so overhyped

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Drop the settings, turn AA down etc

Running at 45 FPS is not exactly smooth anyway! but expect random drops, the game is just broken that way

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Pretty sure it's the game itself. It was poorly optimized for the PC.

TBH, it was the biggest current let down for gaming, it was so overhyped. 

So It's the Game's Problem , I thought so . But why don't they patch it or something ?

At least the game does look Kinda good

Anyways, Thank you so much for your support . 

Drop the settings, turn AA down etc

Running at 45 FPS is not exactly smooth anyway! but expect random drops, the game is just broken that way

But I looked up their website and my Pc passed what they wanted for Ultra ,

I guess the game is indeed poorly optimized

Ultra texture settings is the problem drop down to High that made me get bit more stable frame time and fps

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Ultra texture settings is the problem drop down to High that made me get bit more stable frame time and fps

Ok I will try that , Thanks

So It's the Game's Problem , I thought so . But why don't they patch it or something ?

At least the game does look Kinda good

Because Ubisoft is bad and doesn't care about the consumer, only about your cash.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Because Ubisoft is bad and doesn't care about the consumer, only about your cash.

I got it for free with my Gfx card Anyways  ;) .

I got it for free with my Gfx card Anyways  ;) .

Well, you know the old saying, "if it's free don't complain" ^^

By the way, looking at your system I noticed you don't have an ssd. Grab one as soon as you can, it's 2000% worth it and you'll wonder how you could use your pc without it :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I heard Watchdogs uses a lot of VRAM. Maybe you should try and see what happens if you turn down the texture quality just a little bit.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Well, you know the old saying, "if it's free don't complain" ^^

By the way, looking at your system I noticed you don't have an ssd. Grab one as soon as you can, it's 2000% worth it and you'll wonder how you could use your pc without it :)

you can complain about something that's free if it was an incentive for you to buy something.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Its a shame the game has had so many issues  :( i really enjoyed the game for the most part, just hated the driving mechanics. Love the destructibility of most things, especially cars, pumping a lot of rounds into a car and watching the windows shatter realistically, doors falling off and things eventually catching on fire ending in a massive cool looking explosion was a welcome change over GTAV (probably the only place WD beats GTA though lol)

If GTAV on PC looks as pretty as Watch Dogs im going to be in heaven!