Bukkit (Minecraft Server Software/API) is Over (RIP)

xrex64

huh after reading the whole thing not once did mojang attack them

they are afraid of being attacked

well thats dumb they will first just tell u to stop and if u didnt legal action will occur which i highly doubt

i think they just wanted to quite any way they could

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I still play Minecraft 1.7.2 online with just a few friends with their laptop being a server. Lag is a huge problem, I presume the laptops just aren't powerful enough, but I still find the vanilla game extremely fun to play.

It might just be competitiveness that drives us to make the best bases within a hollowed mountain though. And the constant pranks.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I hope Bukkit doesn't dissaper into nothing. Even though it is a "modded server api" alot of single player mods were biult around it, one of the biggest being the Tekkit modpack, hence the "kkit" on the end. No more updates to bukkit, then I can imagine all of the big mod packs on the Technic launcher dissapear.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Dinnerbone is such a terrible dev anyway, this totally explains why Jeb_ stepped in so deeply recently for the game's sake (and as you've seen if you play, vast improvements were made). I had no idea he was involved with Bukkit and I think Bukkit is trash. The best it did was relieve some of the stress of certain features having to be added from Mojang, but were completely unnecessary.

Next time can you summarize/condense the source's content or purely give thoughts on it because that is a long ass read that I'm definitely not interested in even scrolling past. If I were to read it all, I will via source.

I see this as the beginning of the end for minecraft.  It doesn't seem like a wise decision for Mojang to suddenly start enforcing the EULA without warning.  If bukkit disappears, so do most big minecraft servers and with it, the people still playing minecraft.

You might be right, but then again, if Bukkit continues to be developed by a member of the Mojang team, I'm sure everything will be fine. Although like you mentioned, this new EULA crap hasn't helped anything. Now with the original Bukkit developers quitting, who knows how it will turn out...

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k GPU: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G PSU: Corsair CX500M Motherboard: ASRock B85 PRO4 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Blue 1 TB

What a shame. Bukkit made servers for me and my friends possible and so much easier to manage. I am surprised that Mojang never supported them as I believe this was a key block in Minecraft becoming such the success it is today.

Oh well.. Shame.

What a shame. Bukkit made servers for me and my friends possible and so much easier to manage. I am surprised that Mojang never supported them as I believe this was a key block in Minecraft becoming such the success it is today.

Oh well.. Shame.

Well, technically it was supported, in fact owned by Mojang for several years.

I guess OP forget to update his post. Mojang confirmed that bukkit is not in any danger for shutdown. The initial post at bukkit since then have been updated with the message 'to be continued'. Meaning that this project would be progress as usual.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/21/minecraft-bukkit-team-lead-tries-to-end-development-but-mojang-steps-in/

It could still be the end of Bukkit if Mojang screws it up. They could do something like stop people from using the API and only certain people can make plugins. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

It could still be the end of Bukkit if Mojang screws it up. They could do something like stop people from using the API and only certain people can make plugins. 

Highly doubt it, but it's possible. 

Like I said earlier: http://www.spigotmc.org/ could easily take the spot of the spot of bukkit if they make a couple changes.

Highly doubt it, but it's possible. 

Like I said earlier: http://www.spigotmc.org/ could easily take the spot of the spot of bukkit if they make a couple changes.

Spigot is actually currently relying on bukkit for builds. There's a huge burden involved with it and they rely on bukkit for their builds. 

Spigot basically mods bukkit if you want to put it that way, but allowing them to take over what bukkit has done, is like nothing they've ever done before. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Spigot is actually currently relying on bukkit for builds. There's a huge burden involved with it and they rely on bukkit for their builds. 

Spigot basically mods bukkit if you want to put it that way, but allowing them to take over what bukkit has done, is like nothing they've ever done before. 

Sorry, I specifically meant the team, not the exact project. Shoulda been more clear. Either way, I believe Dinnerbone has enough respect for a project he helped start to not make any horrific changes.

I hope Bukkit doesn't dissaper into nothing. Even though it is a "modded server api" alot of single player mods were biult around it, one of the biggest being the Tekkit modpack, hence the "kkit" on the end. No more updates to bukkit, then I can imagine all of the big mod packs on the Technic launcher dissapear.

The original Tekkit pack was made illegally without copyright consent from the mod devs.

The original Tekkit pack was made illegally without copyright consent from the mod devs.

The original one, yes, it was illigall technically but not made illigally. What made it illegal was the distribution of the pack without the consent of the devs, otherwise it would just be a list of  mods that just so happened to work well together. After that hicup though, The Technic dev team, as far as I'm aware, did everything legally with the authorisation of the mod devs.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Does this mean that the Lord of the Rings minecraft recreation of middle earth is gone?

SOMEONE KILL JEB AND NOTCH FOR THIS HERESY!

Seriously though, way to be dicks dudes. The moddability of minecraft is one of the things that made it fun, and now your being idiots about it, way to kill your own product. I can't wait until that new game (the name escapes me right now) that looks similar to MC, but about a billion times better (graphically speaking) comes out, I'll be getting that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

WAIT WHAT? I remember when I was making servers for minecraft to play with friends. Bukkit WAS THE SHIT. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Project Restomod (In progress)

Welp.

A false alarm.

And everybody lost their minds.

Welcome to the internet.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Goddamn, I remember spending way too much time messing around with bukkit servers back in alpha and early beta. That was good fun.
This is making me think that I should get back into Minecraft, but on the other hand I do somewhat value having a life...

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

ayyyy lmao. I'll just clear this up now - Hi, yes, I am Jade from the Bukkit project. If you want some form of proof, go for it and ask. DEcobra11 can confirm, regardless, and here's a screenshot for what that's worth.

mVpO.png

I'm going to quote my post from this thread because I'm lazy. Can/will answer questions.

EvilSeph wanted to discontinue Bukkit as it's been losing steam for a while now, and it was 'time to kick the bucket' so to speak, from his point of view. He also felt he was impeding on the new EULA, which actually wasn't true at all, considering Bukkit is/was owned by Mojang anyway. Now than Mojang's stepped in, things will probably pick up steam again and get back into normal pace due to their vast resources. It's still around for now, though.

Edit: If you want some form of proof that it's me, PM me. Tagging you so you see this edit @DEcobra11.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

this made me upset :c some of these programmers were mad geniuses at what they did now theyre gone :S

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)