I got an A!

1_thing

You might have seen my other post I took and extra GCSE after school in astronomy!!

( BTW next term I'll be in year 10 so yea took it very early!! )

Got my results and got an A so I'm reallyyyyyyyyyyyy happy!

So what did other people get??

Thing

I got straight A s this year. ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have no idea what a GCSE is!

I did get straight A's this year though.

i'm a potato

It is the English academic qualifications for 14-16 year olds in secondary school. Or the last two years in secondary school. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It sounds british. I know about their schooling since I saw the history boys movie. All young british men are forced into rooms with rotund teachers to try to get into oxbridge. They read hundreds of thousands of books in every subject that has ever existed in the history of mankind. If they miss a single fact in that entire time on tests, they are deported.

This is all 100% accurate. Even though I have never been to the UK, I saw the history boys and billy elliot, I'm an expert.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

It is the English academic qualifications for 14-16 year olds in secondary school. Or the last two years in secondary school. 

Oh, ok.

i'm a potato

good job ,im suprised that you didnt get a D

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

good job ,im suprised that you didnt get a D

Thanks for your confidence!!

Thing

Nice job everyone!

Thing

How'd you get to do your GCSE's early? You some kind of wizz kid that all the other students love and hate at the same time because they are all jealous of your intelligence and at the same time, they somehow get you to help on their homework and studies?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Well done, although it's a shame GCSE's don't matter once you've finished College.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

well in our "final" i got this

ENG 7/8

Slovenian 3/8 (2 is a pass, fuckin literature)

Maths 5/5

CS 4/5

Physics 5/5

so yeah... make what you will of this

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Well done, although it's a shame GCSE's don't matter once you've finished College.

^this.

I got 3 A*s, 6 As and 2 Bs in my GCSEs and not a single person could care less about them. I worked so hard for it. And it sucks that my A levels went kinda badly in comparison to my GCSEs.

EDIT: Sorry, my manners - congrats OP  :) My sister just got her early Psychology grade back and we're really pleased with how well she did!

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Bloody overachievers....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I got 3 A*s, 6 As and 2 Bs in my GCSEs and not a single person could care less about them. I worked so hard for it. And it sucks that my A levels went kinda badly in comparison to my GCSEs.

You got pretty much the exact same results as I did with my GCSE's.  Employers/Universities only care about your most recent results; when you finish College/Sixth Form your GCSE results don't matter, when you finish University your College/Sixth Form grades don't matter.  

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

when you finish University your College/Sixth Form grades don't matter.  

Lol I surely hope so; I got a B, two Cs and a D at A level.

It just goes to show that the UK education system is absolutely terrible at portraying a standard level of performance. Grades aren't really a measure of intelligence anymore. Hell, I got a C in my IT course and I'm the only person in the class that could build a computer, while the class idiot (no offense to them) got an A...

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Lol I surely hope so; I got a B, two Cs and a D at A level.

It just goes to show that the UK education system is absolutely terrible at portraying a standard level of performance. Grades aren't really a measure of intelligence anymore. Hell, I got a C in my IT course and I'm the only person in the class that could build a computer, while the class idiot (no offense to them) got an A...

Well your College/Sixth Form grades matter a lot at the time as they allow you to get in to a good University.  The UK education system is fine; grades are absolutely a measure of intelligence.  Just because you can build a PC, doesn't mean you have the knowledge to meet the criteria in the syllabus of your course.

How'd you get to do your GCSE's early? You some kind of wizz kid that all the other students love and hate at the same time because they are all jealous of your intelligence and at the same time, they somehow get you to help on their homework and studies?

I did it on the side and it is not usually offered!!! But nobody really pays attention to us we just hang out in the corner!!

But I am lucky because the stereotype nerd is really skinny and short so always gets bullied!

But my friends seem to be 6foot plus and really hench so yay!!

Thing

Well your College/Sixth Form grades matter a lot at the time as they allow you to get in to a good University.  The UK education system is fine; grades are absolutely a measure of intelligence.  Just because you can build a PC, doesn't mean you have the knowledge to meet the criteria in the syllabus of your course.

Uni, uni, uni. Change the fucking record. Twist on a Hot Fuzz reference. 

Though I stand by that. 

Uni, uni, uni. Change the fucking record. Twist on a Hot Fuzz reference. 

Though I stand by that. 

Cornetto Trilogy  ;) Just saying that Uni is pretty much the be all and end all.

Cornetto Trilogy  ;) Just saying that Uni is pretty much the be all and end all.

It is when it comes to the media. I don't like the constant force of university down people's throats. It was extremely apparent in my college and it annoyed the heck out of me, especially with the prices they are at the moment, it just doesn't seem worth it.

I may be bias as I never had the intention of going to university in the first place, but it just felt like collage were only giving the option of university, like it was the most important thing there is. 

In no way am I saying that it is a bad thing, going or not going. 

That was probably so off topic to what you were trying to say. I tend to ramble! :D

It is when it comes to the media. I don't like the constant force of university down people's throats. It was extremely apparent in my college and it annoyed the heck out of me, especially with the prices they are at the moment, it just doesn't seem worth it.

I may be bias as I never had the intention of going to university in the first place, but it just felt like collage were only giving the option of university, like it was the most important thing there is. 

That was probably so off topic to what you were trying to say. I tend to ramble! :D

I completely understand, it totally depends on the field of study you want to progress or where you want your career to lead.  For where I want to be it's compulsory to have a University education, but for a lot of careers it is unnecessary to go to University.  

Before I knew what I wanted to do as a career I went to Sixth Form and all they wanted to do is prepare and make every student go to University - which I hated.  It's literally all they'd talk about and I didn't want to go to Uni because I thought it wasn't going to progress anything.  

When looking at the cost of courses at University you have to think how much extra do you project you'll earn because you have the degree and does it more than cover the cost of your course?  If so then it's more than likely beneficial to enrol.

its the same here... they force uni down our throats, then complain there arent enough people for low wage jobs, and that uni educated people are working minimum wage... or that our smart people are leaving to other countries... no shit sherlocks, we have nothing to look forward to here... give me a job that pays to what i expect from my edication and i may stay

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I completely understand, it totally depends on the field of study you want to progress or where you want your career to lead.  For where I want to be it's compulsory to have a University education, but for a lot of careers it is unnecessary to go to University.  

Before I knew what I wanted to do as a career I went to Sixth Form and all they wanted to do is prepare and make every student go to University - which I hated.  It's literally all they'd talk about and I didn't want to go to Uni because I thought it wasn't going to progress anything.  

When looking at the cost of courses at University you have to think how much extra do you project you'll earn because you have the degree and does it more than cover the cost of your course?  If so then it's more than likely beneficial to enrol.

Yeah, that is all true. Though, the job I wanted only even required GCSE's and some out of education qualifications. I only went to college as a back up, just in case the life I wanted didn't work out. So far though, I have no reason to fall back onto my two AS levels. :D