More TLC SSDs coming. this time from sandisk

LukaP

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8402/sandisk-releases-ultra-ii-ssd-the-second-tlc-nand-ssd-in-the-market

Ultra_II_angle_left_Hi-res_678x452.jpg

The Ultra II utilizes SanDisk's nCache 2.0 technology, which operates a portion of the NAND in SLC mode to increase performance and improve reliability. As a result, the Ultra II is able to achieve write speeds of up to 500MB/s even at the lowest capacity, although it should be kept in mind that this is peak performance -- as soon as the SLC buffer is full write speeds will drop quite dramatically. 

eKu9uXY.jpg

Finally are other manufacturers starting to spit out TLC nand, so samsung could stop dominating. too bad samsung already switched to 3D nand haha

i like the price, really cheap.

edit: would like to see its IO consistency though...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Tempting....

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

Still $80 though. Waiting for these to hit at least $50 before I really care a lot.

Feck..if only this thing was out 3 years ago, I would be rolling with a 480GB unit instead of 120GB! :P

Still $80 though. Waiting for these to hit at least $50 before I really care a lot.

Compared to the 250 I spent in 2011 for a 120GB drive, 80 dollars is dirt cheap for a 120GB SSD.

Ick those are some low IOPs. I've heard a lot of good things about the Marvell controller, but no.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Ick those are some low IOPs. I've heard a lot of good things about the Marvell controller, but no.

on the 120 yeah, but otherwise, reads (which are the ones that matter really) are all good enough for the price ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

on the 120 yeah, but otherwise, reads (which are the ones that matter really) are all good enough for the price ;)

Yeah I did gloss past the prices. Not bad. About as good as the Crucial Mx 100 for that price/performance ratio.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Yeah I did gloss past the prices. Not bad. About as good as the Crucial Mx 100 for that price/performance ratio.

yeah its value is remarkable

Sadly they're pretty good compared to a lot of Sandisk's older SSDs.

The Samsung's are still more tempting due to longer warranty. Hell, the 850 Pro comes with 10 years. Though, they are not in the same price class. 840 Evo has the same warran , 3 years.

TLC is not desirable for people who writes a lot on the SSD. But still, if it drives the prices down, I'm all happy!

115 for a 240 gig?....... very temping. Sandisk any good?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

115 for a 240 gig?....... very temping. Sandisk any good?

Not near as good as they used to be. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Not near as good as they used to be. 

:blink: ..............................

compared to a samsung 840 pro 120 gig?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

:blink: ..............................

compared to a samsung 840 pro 120 gig?

I mean the overall quality of their products. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

The Samsung's are still more tempting due to longer warranty. Hell, the 850 Pro comes with 10 years. Though, they are not in the same price class. 840 Evo has the same warran , 3 years.

The Samsung pro branded disks are not TLC at all. And of course they have a longer warranty with higher quality components and a higher price.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.