Quiet psu ~850w

Gix7Fifty

Was considering the EVGA Supernova 850 G2 but I read a review that its can get a little noisy under load. Now I am leaning towards a Corsair AX 860. Does anyone have any benchmarks/graphs comparing psu noise level under loads?

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Is this to replace your computers current PSU in your specs, so you can do SLI or something?

Diamond 5 in League :)

Is this to replace your computers current PSU in your specs, so you can do SLI or something?

Correct, in preparation for another GTX 780 (sli).

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

my AX760 is very quite and i use hybrid mode so the fan will not even spin until i hit 60% load.
but i haven't just my system to use more than 550w yet.

EVGA G2 has the same feature i believe

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

I'll just say this from experience, I own a Corsair RM and I've never heard the fan, even under full load. And I'm sure that the same applies to the AX series.

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

I'd go for an AX(not i), CM V, XFX pro, or Seasonic X 850w.

All of them are pretty much the same internally and the fan only turns on at approximately 40% load under normal ambient.

Error: 410

Was considering the EVGA Supernova 850 G2 but I read a review that its can get a little noisy under load. Now I am leaning towards a Corsair AX 860. Does anyone have any benchmarks/graphs comparing psu noise level under loads?

Not noisy.

Go with the 850 g2, it has semi passive, like the RM series.

or, a 1000p2, so then the fan will be almost always off ( or always ooff)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not noisy.

Go with the 850 g2, it has semi passive, like the RM series.

or, a 1000p2, so then the fan will be almost always off ( or always ooff)

I don't know the details of the G2 semi passive, but it's a higher quality unit than any RM PSU, so OP I would stick with the G2 before deciding on an RM.

I don't know the details of the G2 semi passive, but it's a higher quality unit than any RM PSU, so OP I would stick with the G2 before deciding on an RM.

Right, thats what i was saying.,

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Right, thats what i was saying.,

i wasn't disagreeing

i wasn't disagreeing

I wasnt saying you were disagreeing.

Just get the 850 G2. Yes it will get a little noisy under load, but that's counting the PSU alone. You're more then likely not going to hear it over your CPU and GPU fans.

"Rawr XD"

850 g2 :D

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Thanks for everyone's input, what it came down to is fitment.

post-62451-0-51287600-1408305724_thumb.j

The current psu is 6.3" and I installed a 120mm sp fan to feed the gpu(s). The AX 860 is the same length and when flipped, provides the better clearance. Notice how the inputs are pushed to the outer edge.

post-62451-0-67272300-1408306092.png

The 850 G2 is a little longer and its inputs and more centered toward the middle, it might be a tight fit but why gamble.

post-62451-0-03375200-1408306512_thumb.j

The Corsair AX860 won.

post-62451-0-67995200-1408307087.png

post-62451-0-51287600-1408305724_thumb.j

post-62451-0-67272300-1408306092.png

post-62451-0-03375200-1408306512_thumb.j

post-62451-0-67995200-1408307087.png

Hopefully you don't have any coil whine issues with the AX Series.

G2 is not very similar to RM Series. RM does not have a switch for the semi-fanless mode. G2, AX, AXi, HXi do have that switch.

@helping Yeah spwath tends to do that.

G2 is not very similar to RM Series. RM does not have a switch for the semi-fanless mode. G2, AX, AXi, HXi do have that switch.

Only the AX seasonic ones have a switch.

The Corsair AX860 won.

The main thing that RM series got people's attention is their "anti-coil whine campaign". Here's an article; http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2013/september/coil-whine

JG told me that the ax1500i is a part of it including the new HXi series so just lean towards a HX850i imo, comes with a fluid dynamic bearing instead of a double ball bearing fan. I actually never liked DBB bearings as much as sleeve bearings, sleeve bearings will be louder but when theyre properly lubricated theyre much quieter at slower speeds than DBB's. FDB's are just modified sleeve bearings to last longer. 

Only the AX seasonic ones have a switch.

Not quite. EVGA G2 750W:

DSC_6415_S.jpg

You're correct about the AXi/HXi

Uhmm, Idk who the heck said the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 is load under load, because they have no idea wtf they are talking about.  First off, the fan doesn't even spin up when at <50% load, second, even when the fan is on, it is whisper quiet.  Third, 9.9/10 Johnny Guru score.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Not quite. EVGA G2 750W:

You're correct about the AXi/HXi

I was talking about the Corsair PSU's, ofc the SF leadex semi-passive psu's have a switch on the back :P