Linus/slick choice of fans?!

Big-Pete

the fans linus likes are :

Silverstone air penetrators: model number?!

Noctua NF-P12s

slick likes gentle typhoons... (insert model number here)

cheers in advance,

anyone tried NB-Eloop Noiseblockers?

Silverstone = AP121

Gentle Typhoons =

D1225C12B1AP-11 (500 rpm)

D1225C12B2AP-12 (800 rpm)

D1225C12B3AP-13 (1,150 rpm)

D1225C12B4AP-14 (1,450 rpm)

D1225C12B5AP-15 (1,850 rpm)

Silverstone = AP121 Gentle Typhoons = D1225C12B1AP-11 (500 rpm) D1225C12B2AP-12 (800 rpm) D1225C12B3AP-13 (1' date='150 rpm)[/size'] D1225C12B4AP-14 (1,450 rpm) D1225C12B5AP-15 (1,850 rpm)

many thanks. im looking for some replacements for my case fans.

whats the diffrence between 121s and 122s?!?

Linus also likes gelid fans as well this was back in 2010 :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Eloops are pretty awesome. The B12-1 and B12-2 are possibly the best fans on the market in terms of airflow-to-noise ratio, with higher-RPM models getting pretty loud (but if the airflow scales proportionally, they'd keep things pretty cool).

Hi everyone,

to answer the question from the first post... I've tried eLoop fans, they are pretty great & veeeery quiet, even in comparison with Noctua F12.

I made some screenshots to show...

I've tested both Noiseblocker eLoop B12-PS and Noctua NF-F12 (both are 1500 rpm max.), each one mounted in between the towers of Alpenfohn K2 cooler, in a closed case (Fractal Desing Define R3), let them run 10 min. in idle, then 10 min. burn in test using Prime95, made a screenshot after 10 minutes, when temps stabilised. One 900 rpm 120 mm fan on the outtake of the case, three low rpm fans on the intake (600 rpm)

They are pretty same in terms of performance , as you can see below:

Noiseblocker

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5121/eloopburn.png

Noctua

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7...tuaf12burn.png

I also made a video to show noise comparison on their max. rpm, sorry for a poor picture quality, but that's not the point, is it?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDfGvn3XnA

Hope it helps.

eLoop fans are not a good choice for a pull configuration, thought. They make a quiet whistling noise, when they are mounted straight on the radiator or a heatsink then. But they are really good for push position and as a case fan, if you are looking for a quiet well performing fan.

A also really like BeQuiet! Silent Wings 2, it's pretty close to eLoop in terms of noise. Not as much quiet, but really close to it.

PS: Sorry for my english, I tried my best. :)

Hi everyone,

to answer the question from the first post... I've tried eLoop fans, they are pretty great & veeeery quiet, even in comparison with Noctua F12.

I've tested both Noiseblocker eLoop B12-PS and Noctua NF-F12 (both are 1500 rpm max.), each one mounted in between the towers of Alpenfohn K2 cooler, in a closed case (Fractal Desing Define R3), let them run 10 min. in idle, then 10 min. burn in test using Prime95, made a screenshot after 10 minutes, when temps stabilised. One 900 rpm 120 mm fan on the outtake of the case, three low rpm fans on the intake (600 rpm)

Noiseblocker

Noctua

I also made a video to show noise comparison on their max. rpm, sorry for a poor picture quality, but that's not the point, is it?

Hope it helps.

eLoop fans are not a good choice for a pull configuration, thought. They make a quiet whistling noise, when they are mounted straight on the radiator or a heatsink then. But they are really good for push position and as a case fan, if you are looking for a quiet well performing fan.

A also really like BeQuiet! Silent Wings 2, it's pretty close to eLoop in terms of noise. Not as much quiet, but really close to it.

I'm growing more and more convinced that the B12-2 is the sweet spot for E-loops. The B12-2 running at 12v (1300RPM) is so much quieter than the B12-P at 1500RPM in your video. The noise seems to seriously ramp up somewhere between 1300 and 1500RPM.

Edit: Just noticed your temp comparisons are at 1300RPM. If the Ginfjo video on Youtube of the NF-F12 is to be believed, it gets noisy at 1000RPM, which puts the Eloop way ahead between 1000 and 1300RPM

@ Toby:

I don't think there's so much difference between 1300-1500 rpm with eLoop, it's what you'll expect from a 200 rpm increase, not worse, IMO.

I have a B12-2 too and I want to do similar noise comparison videos with it, BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 and Noctua NF-S12B FLX.

Don't have much time now, but I'll post it here when it's done.

But for a 1500 rpm fan B12-PS is really quiet.

I'd say it gets comfortable at about 1200 rpm even for enthusiasts, at 1000 rpm it's getting close to an ambient sound of a quiet PC and at 800 rpm it really is inaudible even in ultra quiet builds, in the way where Noctua NF-S12B FLX have to run ~650 rpm to be as quiet as eLoop.

Eloops are pretty awesome. The B12-1 and B12-2 are possibly the best fans on the market in terms of airflow-to-noise ratio, with higher-RPM models getting pretty loud (but if the airflow scales proportionally, they'd keep things pretty cool).
if you use them in a hanging pull config for your radiator, they come down a little and hit the rad...

but i really like to try them :)

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Hi everyone,

Noiseblocker

Noctua

Hope it helps.

That video really does not portray the noise produced by the Noctua fans well; they make more of a low pitched hum than the high pitched scream shown in the video, and it is not nearly as loud and annoying as the video made it sound.

Also, how do those fans work on a fan controller; is there any kind of clicking or whining when they are undervolted. The Noctuas I have seem to produce a very slight clicking noise that is audible from up to one foot away.

I, personally, I like Noctua fans better than gentle typhoons. GTs make a bit of a whining noise, and I prefer the low hum of the Noctuas to it.

@ Toby: I don't think there's so much difference between 1300-1500 rpm with eLoop' date=' it's what you'll expect from a 200 rpm increase, not worse, IMO. I have a B12-2 too and I want to do similar noise comparison videos with it, BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 and Noctua NF-S12B FLX. Don't have much time now, but I'll post it here when it's done. But for a 1500 rpm fan B12-PS is really quiet. I'd say it gets comfortable at about 1200 rpm even for enthusiasts, at 1000 rpm it's getting close to an ambient sound of a quiet PC and at 800 rpm it really is inaudible even in ultra quiet builds, in the way where Noctua NF-S12B FLX have to run ~650 rpm to be as quiet as eLoop.[/quote']

My reference points...

Third source kind of sucks, but #1 - 12v B12-PS (1500RPM) is so much louder than #2 - 12v B12-2 (1300RPM). Also on #3, the sound clips for the B12-2 and B12-PS are next to each other and even with the wind you can hear the sound signature for the B12-PS is so much more obnoxious than the B12-2.

@ Toby: I don't think there's so much difference between 1300-1500 rpm with eLoop' date=' it's what you'll expect from a 200 rpm increase, not worse, IMO. I have a B12-2 too and I want to do similar noise comparison videos with it, BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 and Noctua NF-S12B FLX. Don't have much time now, but I'll post it here when it's done. But for a 1500 rpm fan B12-PS is really quiet. I'd say it gets comfortable at about 1200 rpm even for enthusiasts, at 1000 rpm it's getting close to an ambient sound of a quiet PC and at 800 rpm it really is inaudible even in ultra quiet builds, in the way where Noctua NF-S12B FLX have to run ~650 rpm to be as quiet as eLoop.[/quote']

My reference points...

Third source kind of sucks, but #1 - 12v B12-PS (1500RPM) is so much louder than #2 - 12v B12-2 (1300RPM). Also on #3, the sound clips for the B12-2 and B12-PS are next to each other and even with the wind you can hear the sound signature for the B12-PS is so much more obnoxious than the B12-2.

Those fans seem to give off a strange high pitched noise. That is awful.

my rig is going to be full of B12-3, and then using asus ai suite the fanxpert option lets me customise the fan curves etc, so i can pull the volts down, but still have 1900rpm max to ramp up to :)

My reference points...

I think that's an anomaly from the set-up, not the fan. You'll notice it's absent in #3 and Minjo's video further up, plus it's gone unmentioned everywhere else the Eloop's been discussed. SPCR would've been all over that if it was actually present during operation, so it can probably be dismissed.

My reference points...

That might have actually been mic feedback, now that I think about it. The noise the fan gives off still isn't that pleasant sounding, though.

My reference points...

It's just a woosh? Compare them to any of the other fans on his channel (he has a lot), the sound's better than most.