Polls about video theory, leave your opinions

-TesseracT-

No 16:10 option on #8. I refuse to answer this poll.

fixed

FPS is the second most important thing to resolution imo

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

hmm it says i voted for 16:10 but i meant to put it doesn't matter

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

If you throw 4K to a 1080p panel it's downscaling...

I don't know what you're talking about, Using a 4K display to upscale 1080p content

Should have had "don't know" options for each one. Since I don't know for most of those

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

hmm it says i voted for 16:10 but i meant to put it doesn't matter

That's because I edited the poll

What's most important to me concerning resolution, fps and graphics? As long as it does not look like shit (acceptable levels, not super awesome like GTA4 on that graphics mod or crysis 3 on mega super ultra) All i really care about is does the resolution look good on this size of a screen and can I get 60FPS stable.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

question 9 is missing the "i didn't see it" and the "it looked worse" options

I've just realised I've never properly used a 120hz monitor, a 21:9 monitor, or a 4k monitor.

Fuck am I even doing here?

Can't answer this poll... Too many questions are missing possible answers.

"Have you seen X if so what you think"
A: IT'S GREAT.
B: AIN'T SEEN IT BUT IT'S GREAT
C: NO OPINION

What if I've seen it and it's not great? Then other questions assume I have an opinion, like the projector thing or whatever.

21:9 = beast

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

I was at a friends house the other day and he has a 120" screen with a projector. We played COD and the input lag is like 400ms you pull the trigger (because we where playing on 360) and like half a second letter your gun shoots. DO NOT GAME ON A PROJECTOR

I was at a friends house the other day and he has a 120" screen with a projector. We played COD and the input lag is like 400ms you pull the trigger (because we where playing on 360) and like half a second letter your gun shoots. DO NOT GAME ON A PROJECTOR

Must have had a pretty shitty projector because I've played on them and they can get normal levels of input lag.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Must have had a pretty shitty projector because I've played on them and they can get normal levels of input lag.

It's a $12,000 projector it's the same projector they use in movie theaters. (He's rich)

It's a $12,000 projector it's the same projector they use in movie theater. (He's rich)

That might have been the issue since I doubt movie style projectors were designed to give a shit about input lag.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

That might have been the issue since I doubt movie style projectors were designed to give a shit about input lag.

Great picture quality though

I have my own projector and I love the thing for gaming and what not on, I don't know what your mates projector was but it obviously wasn't a very good one. I would defo recommend to anyone who could afford a good one and with the space to put it to invest. 

I have my own projector and I love the thing for gaming and what not on, I don't know what your mates projector was but it obviously wasn't a very good one. I would defo recommend to anyone who could afford a good one and with the space to put it to invest. 

Its a $12,000 projector its one of the same one they use in movie theaters

Its a $12,000 projector its one of the same one they use in movie theaters

Hmm, that is a tad more than mine ha. The only thing I can guess is the cause is that maybe its designed to have the best quality colours, resolution, throw ratio and brightness over input lag. Mine is a 2013 edition optoma and I can't notice any lag when compared to my monitor. And sorry about repeating about 5 other comments to your self, just saw the others saying the same thing and was about to respond to my own comment but you beat me to it.  

Hmm, that is a tad more than mine ha. The only thing I can guess is the cause is that maybe its designed to have the best quality colours, resolution, throw ratio and brightness over input lag. Mine is a 2013 edition optoma and I can't notice any lag when compared to my monitor. And sorry about repeating about 5 other comments to your self, just saw the others saying the same thing and was about to respond to my own comment but you beat me to it.  

It looks almost as good as 4k and he has like 10k in speakers it looks and sounds amazing

I believe that graphics and resolution are inherently inseparable. if you increase resolution, you need the game-world detail to increase as well. I believe fps > graphics > resolution, mainly because texture size and detail are tied to resolution and must precede resolution to justify a higher resolution. on top of that, graphical techniques (lighting, shadows, flares, bloom, AA, AO, AF, etc..) can make a game look better at 1080p than a 4k game with a lot of effects turned off.  I put fps first because I can't stand a game that doesn't play smoothly. If you turn resolution down below your display's native resolution, it looks like puke, so its not worth touching. my 2 pennies.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Yeah sorry guys for missing some logic options in some questions :/