Linus needs to be honest when promoting sponsers like Five Four

and one day someone will poke a hole in the sock.

But why would anyone want Slick to have cold toes?!?!?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

@Quickmetal hello Albertan brethren!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I've been using five four for 4 months now.

First 2 months went along fine, the prices the clothes are marked at does add up to be $120+. The last order I got added up to $137 actually.

Months 3 and 4 have been a bit shaky. Month 3, they sent me a REALLY NICE blue dress shirt that was awesome...only problem was there was a 3in long bleach stain running down the back of it. Sent an email to the support department and they rushed out a "replacement" shirt to me. The shirt is identical except in color, got me on a technicality lol. Either way, the replacement didn't cost me a dime, and I wasn't required to mail the stained shirt back into them. All they needed was a pic of the stain, and the shirts tag.

Month 4 was a mess though. My card was charged and an order was created for me, but it was never actually sent over to fedex to be delivered to me. I waited about 2 weeks for the package to show (My fedex account auto-notifies me when a package is sent to my address. In this case they created a label, but never dropped the package for pickup) I called them up this time cause I didn't want to wait 24 hours for an email response. I was on the phone for 10 minutes, probably less, and they created a similar order for me and shipped it out that same day.

The customer service has been amazing! Those 2 mishaps aside, I've also been VERY happy with the clothing items they are sending to me. I especially like it when they send me something I normally would have never picked out for myself. 2 or 3 items have fallen into this category so far with everything being girlfriend approved ;)

Are you American, or Canadian?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Actually seeing as how I'm trying to immigrate to canada.

You have just changed my mind...

Thank you. O.o

Canada Is great, hardware isn't that bad. Unless you buy from newegg or ncix. MEMORY EXPRESS FOR LIFE

Edited by Whiskers
Cleaning thread

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Canada Is great, hardware isn't that bad. Unless you buy from newegg or ncix. MEMORY EXPRESS FOR LIFE

I actually find memory express to be more money and have less availability, that is with their online store. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

USPS doesnt charge any fees to Canada, as long as what you payed for does not exceed $100. I sell a lot of clothing to Canada, and frankly I have never heard any complaints about brokerage or international duty fees when using USPS. I know for a fact Fedex and UPS do. 

Edited by Whiskers
Cleaning thread

I actually find memory express to be more money and have less availability, that is with their online store.

Price match + shopbot.

Price match + shopbot.

then there's availability, but NCIX has not been as good in that department lately for some items, I price match newegg and or shopbot prices at NCIX anyway, plus I get shipments within 2 days not sure if memory express can beat that or not. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

then there's availability, but NCIX has not been as good in that department lately for some items, I price match newegg and or shopbot prices at NCIX anyway, plus I get shipments within 2 days not sure if memory express can beat that or not.

I buy local from memory express. That's why I prefer them. There are no other big name computer shops in my town or surrounding area.

I will start buying random clothing picked out by strangers when I stop leaving my house. It sounds like the clothes suck anyway. They probably buy used clothing then wash and sell. I also would never buy shaving products from the dollar store shave club but to each their own ofc.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Canadians get screwed on cost. I just saved 200$ today getting my friend to buy me a CPU and motherboard from Microcenter and shipping it to me

my friend saved $1,000 by getting another friend in America to order him parts and ship them to NZ... for his $2,000NZD computer. And NZD is almost identical in value to USD.   NZ is a small country with bloody bloated prices!!! :(

The Amero (North american dollar currency) needs to just happen already

Combinne the USD, CAD, and PESO already and call it good.

Or we should just adopt the Euro and get this shit over with.

I vote for the Euro it is much stabler then our current dollar.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I vote for the Euro it is much stabler then our current dollar.

Differing currencies have no correlation with stability. We can go to any currency and our economy will still be an elitist corporate economy. If anything it'll just make things worse.

Edited by Whiskers
Cleaning thread

Sorry about the pricing mix-up. I'm Canadian, so yeah I like it when companies offer a great deal to my Canadian bros, but the cold hard truth is that the majority of my audience is not Canadian, and for the ones that are, I would hope that checking the price tag before they click on "place my order" would be part of the usual routine. 

It would be one thing if Five Four was somehow deceptive about this, but it's right there when you land on the page, so I didn't consider it an issue. Has anyone ACTUALLY accidentally signed up at the higher price?

If this thread does not stay on topic it will be locked on a permanent basis.

If anyone has a problem with a member's choice of font please PM said member

to discuss it with them or alternatively speak with a moderator about it. You are

not entitled to start a 3 page long argument with them over it for all to see.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

If this thread does not stay on topic it will be locked on a permanent basis.

If anyone has a problem with a member's choice of font please PM said member

to discuss it with them or alternatively speak with a moderator about it. You are

not entitled to start a 3 page long argument with them over it for all to see.

Thank you.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Or we should just adopt the Euro and get this shit over with.

Finally, German conquest of the world will be complete!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Finally, German conquest of the world will be complete!

It was due anyways. :P tho I am 75 percent german so naturally I have to agree.

Well thanks for bringing up the difference

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I have to say, Linus should point out that his pricing for the dollar shave club is for the cheapest razor, although it is an excellent service.

Can't speak for five four club since like most men, I only replace my clothing when they get holes in them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

He's brought up the various levels before, not just the base level. It doesn't need to be a full explanation every sponsor spot.

I have to say, Linus should point out that his pricing for the dollar shave club is for the cheapest razor, although it is an excellent service.

Can't speak for five four club since like most men, I only replace my clothing when they get holes in them.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

He's brought up the various levels before, not just the base level. It doesn't need to be a full explanation every sponsor spot.

Fair enough, but he should be giving the price of the most popular package (In my opinion) which will likely be the 4 blade because most people that I've ever met, don't like a 2 blade. Usually old men like those.

Fair enough, but he should be giving the price of the most popular package (In my opinion) which will likely be the 4 blade because most people that I've ever met, don't like a 2 blade. Usually old men like those.

That's all well and good, but we don't know what the most popular package is. It very well could be the lowest package because lets be honest, people are cheap.

Furthermore the difference is that getting the more expensive razor is optional. With FiveFour Club, us Canadian's don't have an option. We either pay an additional $25, or we don't get the service at all.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That's all well and good, but we don't know what the most popular package is. It very well could be the lowest package because lets be honest, people are cheap.

Furthermore the difference is that getting the more expensive razor is optional. With FiveFour Club, us Canadian's don't have an option. We either pay an additional $25, or we don't get the service at all.

I see your point, that is kinda messed up. I'm just saying that he could say "for 1, 5, or (whatever the third option is) a month, they deliver razor's right to your door!"

Although being Linus, he'd get all the prices wrong, and DSC would get 3 times as many sales as normal lol