Vavle has a pretty messed up employee working for them

DanielTheBest

So... 

I just got done with a CS:GO game. 

In the game, some people were smurfing, and I kind of trashed talked them a little. 

All of a sudden, my internet cut out; thirty seconds later, the internet came back on and I rejoined the game. 

The smurfers said as soon as I joined back, "Nice IP kid. Get ddosed, lol"

I asked them how they got my IP, because, to my knowledge, the only way to get someone's IP is to be friends with them on steam. 

They then replied saying that they knew someone who worked at Vavle, who gave away my IP to them. 

At first I didn't believe it, but then after awhile, I realized it was most likely was true. 

But that's pretty messed up that a Vavle employee would just give away my IP like that. 

Dude...it's way easier than that.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

You+really+think+someone+would+do+that_5

Those damn Vavle employees.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

if your steam name is the same as your skype you are going to have some bad time

if your steam name is the same as your skype you are going to have some bad time

Nope, totally different name. 

Also, on my steam profile, I have almost no information about me.

I lol'd.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

You know everyone can say everything, right? It's the Internet. 

They definitely ddosed me..

They knew off the bat that I got hit off. 

They definitely ddosed me..

They knew off the bat that I got hit off. 

I think you're exaggerating the matter to be honest, you know to test it all properly first, they may have successfully trolled you.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

We ain't saying they didn't, we're all having a knowing "he'll get it when he's older adult" chuckle cos you think it's Vavle.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

lol ur so gullible :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

My dad got Gaben to give me the entire library of steam games and I get every new release for free. 

/s

Kid was lying.

OP, how about you weren't DDoS'd in the first place? It was probably your internet being spotty.

Well, you can just snif incoming IPS. And just DOS of that..

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

So... 

I just got done with a CS:GO game. 

In the game, some people were smurfing, and I kind of trashed talked them a little. 

All of a sudden, my internet cut out; thirty seconds later, the internet came back on and I rejoined the game. 

The smurfers said as soon as I joined back, "Nice IP kid. Get ddosed, lol"

I asked them how they got my IP, because, to my knowledge, the only way to get someone's IP is to be friends with them on steam. 

They then replied saying that they knew someone who worked at Vavle, who gave away my IP to them. 

At first I didn't believe it, but then after awhile, I realized it was most likely was true. 

But that's pretty messed up that a Vavle employee would just give away my IP like that. 

CS:GO servers are servers that people pay to rent and have nothing to do with Valve. If you were playing against the people who are renting the server, they can easily see your IP. Them claiming that someone at Valve gave them your IP is just them trying to sound cool.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194