The TRUE Epic build - SLI TITAN Z, 6 TB SSD

digitalnav

comments like "waste of money' or "thats overkill" are not as common. As some of the people on there have rigs like this.

OCN just has more of a enthusiasts vibe going on. But LTT is still young. you never know where it will end up in a few years. :D LTT community is much more friendly IMO. there are some real scallywags around here. *cough* @SAV1OUR and @tmcclelland455 :P

And me! :D

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

comments like "waste of money' or "thats overkill" are not as common. As some of the people on there have rigs like this.

OCN just has more of a enthusiasts vibe going on. But LTT is still young. you never know where it will end up in a few years. :D LTT community is much more friendly IMO. there are some real scallywags around here. *cough* @SAV1OUR and @tmcclelland455 :P

edit

and @terrytek

People here must be jelly :P

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

And me! :D

I apologize

Corrected.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

The dude who ordered it obviously has the money to blow on an overkill system. I don't think having the mindset of seeing machines like that and automatically thinking "Wow this is overkill" is right. Why can't you guys just appreciate the system? It's not your money for one, and two, it's not your system.

Is it because someone on the planet now has a more powerful machine and a bigger e-peen than you? :P

I mean, if I saw a dude driving a Lambo (I have before), I would not stop him when he got out of his car and say "Dude, your car is so overkill. Why did you overpay for your vehicle to get you from point A to point B?". Instead, I'd tell the dude "Nice car!" and appreciate the car itself.

Ehh ive driven a lambo. a guy a few doors down from me has one and a ferrari.. Kinda hard to see them as being something special when you see 4 or 5 of them a day driving around your neighborhood. weird part is i dont even live anywhere fancy or rich 

Why even bother it's not like the full power of the PC will ever be used I doubt it will ever use more then 45% of the PC's power

Why even bother it's not like the full power of the PC will ever be used I doubt it will ever use more then 45% of the PC's power

It would be funny if the guy who ordered this was a 7 year old who used this to play ROBLOX.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It would be funny if the guy who ordered this was a 7 year old who used this to play ROBLOX.

Let's be honest here your probably right it's probably some rich kid who plays minecraft and roblox and nothing else

Let's be honest here your right it's probably some rich kid who plays minecraft and roblox and nothing else

Then, he would pair it with crappy peripherals and possibly trash the PC within the first few months.

Then, he would pair it with crappy peripherals and possibly trash the PC within the first few months.

Such is life

edit

and @terrytek

i'm not "that" bad  <_<

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Interestingly enough, I almost always end up feeling a little apprehensive about builds like this also. Not because it could be deemed wasteful (how do we know what the client's doing, it's their money to do what they want with) but because when you start adding so much, it no longer becomes a point about the build, but the hardware inside instead. The thing is, after you do a couple high end builds or work with some servers, you no longer continue to find the hardware cost exciting. There are loads of ways to simply increase the cost, and they're all pretty dull if that's all they do.

Of course that isn't to say that I don't like modern, top end hardware (far from it), but it's the build itself which is far more interesting. One of the issues that comes with having so much kit is simply that the number of options and flexibility are reduced. You have to pick a massive motherboard, a huge PSU, a big case, big cooling etc. which really begins to limit some of the creative options. I have this problem with the majority of caselabs builds too. Most of them are about throwing in masses of hardware, sometimes multiple rigs and preaching about the build quality of a caselabs.

Note, this isn't aimed at OP, just a general point really. I'm curious to see how this will turn out, if there's one advantage to big budget client builds, it's that they usually want something spectacular.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Part 1 

Specifications

Aventum II Case

ASUS Rampage IV Black

Intel 4960X CPU

64 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum

Custom Water Cooling

4-way SLI GTX TITAN Black Water Cooled

2x Corsair AX1200i PSU

6 TB Samsung SSD

Retail Boxes

10593319_673482909412994_611728167_n.jpg

4 way SLI decreases performance massively for almost all games out there, and ESPECIALLY IF THE FOUR WAY FEATURES A TITAN... I would suggest that you take that fourth out and do a giveaway or sell it and spend those 1000 $ on something useful!

AMAZING

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

4 way SLI decreases performance massively for almost all games out there, and ESPECIALLY IF THE FOUR WAY FEATURES A TITAN... I would suggest that you take that fourth out and do a giveaway or sell it and spend those 1000 $ on something useful!

640px-Facepalm_facepalm.png

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Please do overkill watercooling :P I mean, OVERKILLWATERCOOLING :P

Please do overkill watercooling :P I mean, OVERKILLWATERCOOLING :P

Like, 24 noctuas overkill?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

640px-Facepalm_facepalm.png

post-31974-0-14994900-1407695630.jpg

That staggering fucking difference, I would facepalm on my own picture

post-31974-0-14994900-1407695630.jpg

attachicon.giflolololrufkkiddin.jpg

That staggering fucking difference, I would facepalm on my own picture

i dont think they care, hence the 64gb of ram and the 4960x...........

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Like, 24 noctuas overkill?

;) I would make a 96 Noctua Customloop if I had a 4-Way SLI :P 

The problem I have with this is that for the price of 4 Titan Black's I could get 7 or 8 GTX 780's. And 4 780's vs 4 Titan Black's is a barely noticeable difference.

"Rawr XD"

;) I would make a 96 Noctua Customloop if I had a 4-Way SLI :P

Your enthusiasm makes this post so much better :D

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it