What Motherboard Company Do You Typically Side With?

ASUS and MSI personally.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Gigabyte Asus or MSI. I've never had experience with Asus motherboards so I'm not too sure about that

Life.exe is missing

Gigabyte Asus or MSI. I've never had experience with Asus motherboards so I'm not too sure about that

If you haven't used ASUS why list them? I'm asking for what YOU typically use. Not what you recommend. 

If you haven't used ASUS why list them? I'm asking for what YOU typically use. Not what you recommend. 

Oh then Gigabyte all day every day xD

Life.exe is missing

the one that has the stuff i want and the color i want at the time :) so no brand fanism

currenty build has a green gigabyte because i wanted green and sli

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Asus, but I might get something else when I build my next computer just to try something else. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

Gigabyte and asus. Using the big G in my personal build, because it's easier to hackintosh with, but typically for gaming I'd go asus, because RoG.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

ASUS for the higher quality/higher budget

MSI for the best budget motherboards there are (<3 MSI Z97 PC MATE)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Never used EVGA but heard great things about their boards. Probably be in my next build. I've only really had experience with Asus. 

If I had to ranks the likeliness of the board in my next build would go:

EVGA

Asus

Gigabyte

MSI 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Asus, AsRock, and Gigabyte. Yep, I'm an old schooler.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

MSI up until now, going with ASUS next though.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

ASUS for the higher quality/higher budget

MSI for the best budget motherboards there are (<3 MSI Z97 PC MATE)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K23BVXU/?tag=pcpapi-20 I've actually been staring at this one for a bit, it's pretty dope, I like that all the slots are PCI 3.0 and the (unfortunately) NEAR black (it's like black and dark brown) and blue color scheme. 

MSI up until now, going with ASUS next though.

Why did you decide to make the change? 

167544.jpg

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

ASUS and MSI personally.

Agreed.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Gigabyte and EVGA

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Either Gigabyte or Asus. I went with MSI last time i upgraded (the board i got now) and i wish i stuck with who i usually do. This board has no LLC control, so i can't get a stable 4GHz OC with my air cooler. :( (it requires more voltage for stability)

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Either Gigabyte or Asus. I went with MSI last time i upgraded (the board i got now) and i wish i stuck with who i usually do. This board has no LLC control, so i can't get a stable 4GHz OC with my air cooler. :( (it requires more voltage for stability)

It sounds like you bought one of their cheaper boards honestly lol. 

Why did you decide to make the change? 

Well current MSI quality and RMA service kinda dissapoints me, I have a broken board and it would take at least a month to RMA, and then there is the Sabranco  :wub:

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

ASUS and its spun off ASRock, Gigabyte. still iffy with MSI cuz ive heard of gpu incompatibility with some MSI boards, not that its a general thing but I cant risk that where im from, i dont have customer care privileges nor money to burn for every trouble

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

ASUS and its spun off ASRock, Gigabyte. still iffy with MSI cuz ive heard of gpu incompatibility with some MSI boards, not that its a general thing but I cant risk that where im from, i dont have customer care privileges nor money to burn for every trouble

I don't really think ASRock is spun off, I think they are literally a bunch of ASUS employee's that decided to make their own company if I remember correctly. 

whoever gives me a board I like at the price I want :)

only manufacturer I haven't use is MSI (no reason) and biostar (because i'm not in the market for a £30 board) and aside from a couple of hiccups (cough ud3p bios is garbage cough) they're pretty solid for the price paid (or in the case of my ECS motherboard it was free and got my i3 550 to 4.4ghz stable so whilst ugly it's functional).