I just got a call from Windows Technical Services....

KABAR432

I can't believe this bullshit is still going on. Just think for every tech savvy consumer that they call, they probably call 3 little old grandmas and scare the shit out of them; so much so that they fork over their credit cards... This stuff really bothers me. What do you guys and gals think?

I think that I have no idea what Windows Technical Services is.

i'm a potato

people from india call you pretending to be microsoft customer service and then tell you you have a virus then tell you to download some program 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Use common sense. Microsoft has techservice? *hysterical laughing* Scammers will always be a problem. Like those emails from "african king or queen likes to transfer money to your bank" But failing at spellcheck. Pretty sure the federals are aware of the problem.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

It's a phone scam. They call you and tell you that there's some problem on your computer or something and ask you to buy their product to fix it. Of course, they don't actually know what's up with your PC.

A word of warning to those who receive such calls: These crafty motherfuckers have found ways to reconnect the call in such a way that it would appear as if you had called a premium phone service. Up to 25 monopoly money a minute.

So if you get a scammer calling you, hang up immediately.

It's a phone scam. They call you and tell you that there's some problem on your computer or something and ask you to buy their product to fix it. Of course, they don't actually know what's up with your PC.

A word of warning to those who receive such calls: These crafty motherfuckers have found ways to reconnect the call in such a way that it would appear as if you had called a premium phone service. Up to 25 monopoly money a minute.

Damn, didn't know that.

people from india call you pretending to be microsoft customer service and then tell you you have a virus then tell you to download some program 

Thank you for explaining.

i'm a potato

I tend to waste their time, an dmake them believe I'm going through the steps they tell me about. After they ask me what I see on my screen I tell them I see their mom doing a whole bunch of nasty "beep" "beep" stuff and pause and wait for their reaction.

Goos times indeed!

Set up a virtual machine or test bench and let them take over it. It'll be fun.

We used to get calls from them telling us our computers had a problem but luckily my sister was stupid and explained to them we only have Lenovo, and Toshiba computers and hung up. So win for stupid sister!

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

The best thing you can do is to track the call,produce some evidence and sent it to Interpol somehow.Once I received a message on my phone from Coca-Cola that I have won something like 1million dollars.I knew it was a scam so I literally made a report to Interpol but then i deleted it.

Oh man... I came up with meme styled reply. "In Soviet Russia you don't call to Microsoft, they call you." I've talked to Microsofts tech service once and they didn't give any other help than "contact the device maker". After that I've resolved all things myself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What you do is ask them to hold for a moment, put the phone down, come back 10 hours later.

The time they waste waiting for you to come back is time they aren't getting someone else's info.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Watch this

I get them on the line too from time to time. If they call me one more time I will make them wish they never called.

Ye ole' train