Just got a One Plus Invite, apparently they don't ship to Australia. What do?

As title... I got an invite for the 64gb black one, but the invite says they won't ship to Australia. It expires in 24hrs. Really weird because I only did one of the invite things a while ago, I suppose the system chooses people completely randomly. I'd really like one as I'm on a Galaxy S3 at the moment, but regardless I don't really have the spare 400 or so $ to spend on it, plus if I can find a way to get it here there'd probably be issues with radio band compatibility.

What can/should I do? It seems a waste to not use the invite as they're so scarce.

As title... I got an invite for the 64gb black one, but the invite says they won't ship to Australia. It expires in 24hrs. Really weird because I only did one of the invite things a while ago, I suppose the system chooses people completely randomly.

get them to ship it to someone in a different country that you trust then get them to ship it to you

EDIT: just noticed http://gyazo.com/d5a6b1001b9a833e0cb08269964b8799 lel

Yeah try to do what karumu said if you really wanted one.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Post it here start a race

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

radio band compatibility.

before you get it, SERIOUSLY consider radio band compatability. 

I got an overseas model of the Asus padfone infinity which is said to have 850 mhz 3g for the telstra next-g, guess what? doesn't work, so around 30% of the time I'm stuck in 3g reception, and I can get incoming call notifications (rings and everything) but it wouldn't actually allow me to pick up the call, it's seriously annoying and I'm going to be replacing it soon. However, H+ and 4g works, so I can survive for some periods of time without schrodinger's call reception. 

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

before you get it, SERIOUSLY consider radio band compatability.

I got an overseas model of the Asus padfone infinity which is said to have 850 mhz 3g for the telstra next-g, guess what? doesn't work, so around 30% of the time I'm stuck in 3g reception, and I can get incoming call notifications (rings and everything) but it wouldn't actually allow me to pick up the call, it's seriously annoying and I'm going to be replacing it soon. However, H+ and 4g works, so I can survive for some periods of time without schrodinger's call reception.

It looks like the phone is specced to cover all of the GSM/CDMA/LTE bands that the SP's use. I suppose I can send the phone to someone in the US...

If you need you can ship it to me and I can ship it to you.

If you don't actually know someone in the US, which I'm guessing you do.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

If you need you can ship it to me and I can ship it to you.

If you don't actually know someone in the US, which I'm guessing you do.

Thankfully I have a relative in Texas. When I visit the accept invite page, it says if I claim the invite they won't be able to send it to Australia. Reckon I should accept it using a US proxy?

Thankfully I have a relative in Texas. When I visit the accept invite page, it says if I claim the invite they won't be able to send it to Australia. Reckon I should accept it using a US proxy?

You can just accept it and put your relatives address in as the shipping address, your address as the payee address.

It doesn't matter where you accept it from I don't think, they likely just don't ship to Australia for logistics reasons. Or do they not allow you to go any farther?

When I was filling out the form, I had to redo it a few times because it wouldn't accept the (correct) address.

It's absolutely horrible web forms. Clearly a very, very inexperienced company.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You can just accept it and put your relatives address in as the shipping address, your address as the payee address.

It doesn't matter where you accept it from I don't think, they likely just don't ship to Australia for logistics reasons. Or do they not allow you to go any farther?

When I was filling out the form, I had to redo it a few times because it wouldn't accept the (correct) address.

It's absolutely horrible web forms. Clearly a very, very inexperienced company.

Yeah, I'm sure you can still put a US address regardless. I emailed customer service about 18hrs ago to see what my options were but they still haven't replied - hopefully they know how to make a phone! How do you like yours so far?

Yeah, I'm sure you can still put a US address regardless. I emailed customer service about 18hrs ago to see what my options were but they still haven't replied - hopefully they know how to make a phone! How do you like yours so far?

Hah, yeah. They're not the greatest at replying.

I didn't bother keeping it, or even opening it. I sold it immediately. Way too big, not at all what they promised.

I'm hoping they have better luck with their next phone, and hopefully it's smaller!

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

There is a forwarding service named Gateway or something, positive Google will find it, It provides a alternate address to ship to, from which they ship to you.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Hah, yeah. They're not the greatest at replying.

I didn't bother keeping it, or even opening it. I sold it immediately. Way too big, not at all what they promised.

I'm hoping they have better luck with their next phone, and hopefully it's smaller!

How do you know any of this without even opening it?

How do you know any of this without even opening it?

I've been following the company from very, very early on. There were loads of promises about a 5" super phone, then a 5.5" phone in the body of a 5" phone.

All it turned out to be was a differently skinned Oppo Find 7. Which, being larger than a Note 3, is by no means the body of a 5" phone.

It's not a terrible device by any means, but much larger than anything I'd consider carrying around. I'd have been fine if they fit it into an LG G3 sized bod, but no.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I've been following the company from very, very early on. There were loads of promises about a 5" super phone, then a 5.5" phone in the body of a 5" phone.

All it turned out to be was a differently skinned Oppo Find 7. Which, being larger than a Note 3, is by no means the body of a 5" phone.

It's not a terrible device by any means, but much larger than anything I'd consider carrying around. I'd have been fine if they fit it into an LG G3 sized bod, but no.

Hmm, I haven't really paid much attention to their marketing and I'm comfortable with the larger size. If it's too big I can probably sell it for a small profit anyway. Apart from that the reviews are overwhelmingly positive, especially for the money, so coming from an S3 I think it'll be a pretty significant upgrade.