Facebook - Privacy Issue's On Messanger App - LIKE BIG TIME!

Hi!

This is an amazing article just showing you how oblivious a normal day user is too these Terms and Conditions of Facebook! Just read the whole article this is pretty shocking most people wouldn't get messanger after reading this! So yeah if you get scared easily you might not want to read! But just to give a little sneak peak to the article basically facebook can use your phone, use it as if it was you, record all your actions calls etc.. And pretty much take over everything you own and data on that phone, If you think thats not scary enough read the full article TONS of important things to know!

Must Read Article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-fiorella/the-insidiousness-of-face_b_4365645.html

Hope you like it! Also sorry for scaring anybody from Facebook mesanger.

It's all in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS that nobody bothers to read. And now it has come back to bit them in the ass xD

...and this is why I do not have facebook.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

For people that sort of want a TL;DR.

• Allows the app to change the state of network connectivity
  • Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation.
  • Allows the app to send SMS messages. This may result in unexpected charges. Malicious apps may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
  • Allows the app to record audio with microphone. This permission allows the app to record audio at any time without your confirmation.
  • Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
  • Allows the app to read you phone's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. This permission allows apps to save your call log data, and malicious apps may share call log data without your knowledge.
  • Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your phone, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals.
  • Allows the app to read personal profile information stored on your device, such as your name and contact information. This means the app can identify you and may send your profile information to others.
  • Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
  • Allows the app to get a list of accounts known by the phone. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.

Welp, I've just uninstalled that app

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

This is old news. This has been known before, and for that reason I've refused to install any app relating to Facebook in any way, ever.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

For people that sort of want a TL;DR.

might as well send them my phone in a silver plate, to their office

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

god damn, still haven't updated the facebook app, disabled auto update and its a pain to update all other apps  manually and this gives me even more reasons to keep doing that :(

GPU: MSI GTX 770 gaming || CPU: Intel 4670k @ 4.4Ghz || RAM: 4x4GB 1600mhz Corsair vengeance pro || MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming || CPU cooler: Corsair H105 || PSU: Corsair RM650 || SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, Crucial M4 128GB || Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 || Monitor: ASUS PA238Q

How do you think facebook makes their billions they can throw away at random apps? By selling the info to NSA

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

How do you think facebook makes their billions they can throw away at random apps? By selling the info to NSA

Do you really think the NSA needs to pay to access any of this info? 

Cute.

No surprise. If you want to know more about this watch the "Terms and Conditions May Apply" movie/documentary. It does a good job in outlining today's privacy issues with the terms and conditions of many companies.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

EULA's are specifically written in such a way as to be so long and confusing that noone reads them. Politicians have been doing the same around the world with just about every single law they make for decades now.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I do not use Facebook so none of this affects me but I do wish the public were more aware of what they sign up for when using the services.

I chose not to use them due to some of their policies such as these among other issues.

Have people not seen the South Park episode making fun of people never reading the Terms and Conditions for Apple products? Yes it's a TV show, but it does an excellent job of pointing out just how much permission you give companies when using their products.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I wonder if this effects the Windows Phone version of the app..... Everything Facebook related is developed by Microsoft and not Facebook.. So I wonder.. since Microsoft has been openly public about privacy against the NSA during the recent scandal.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

Do you really think the NSA needs to pay to access any of this info? 

Cute.

They do, they also steal hotmails packets.

Is this the Facebook app or the Facebook message app that it prompts u to download when u want to send a message?

How do you think facebook makes their billions they can throw away at random apps? By selling the info to NSAtheir a

except their financial records are public as part of their Public IPO so no we know they didn't get their billions from there. Plus, the NSA doesn't need to pay anyone. 

except their financial records are public as part of their Public IPO so no we know they didn't get their billions from there. Plus, the NSA doesn't need to pay anyone.

They don't have to but they do buy information from Facebook.

Well, that was interesting. Back to using messenger for me, I really don't care

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Just to give a little more insight this doesn't bother me a slight bit. Why? I run Omni Rom and I can individually revoke every single app permission that I choose. I do not allow Messenger to do any of that (or at least I hope it doesn't you never really know *takes tin foil hat off*).

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240