Show of your ghetto airconditioning system in the summer heat

This thread is made as a tribute to the all mighty Linus, who just refuses to buy a proper airconditioner and instead going the ghetto way, Im on your team :D

Post a picture of your setup and tell a little bit about how good it performs and what you build it out of.

I'm dying in the heat so i stripped my old nzxt phantom for fans.

post-22431-0-14414900-1407153085_thumb.j

I got two 200 mm fans standing on the desk and the sidepanel with two 120 mm fans on. It's connected to my fancontroller in the nzxt phantom 820 and it's capable of mowing a light flow of air at me nearly silent.

free-shipping-Summer-Cooling-Mini-PortabOne of these 

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

• Blower (centrifugal) fan from my powermac
  • Old 92mm fan from an old power supply

Both running at 12v, hooked up to ghetto hobbyist power supply

dBtSuzW.jpg

Surprisingly effective

Compatible with Windows 95

free-shipping-Summer-Cooling-Mini-PortabOne of these 

Hope that my eyes don't play tricks on me but...you can spray water with that if so then that shit is so cool!

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I would love AC, but for now I just open the windows at home. It's not that hot in the UK at the moment the temperature is in the low twenties today, but it can get pretty warm at times.

It's starting to cool down here. I just have a ceiling fan going now, but I did have 3 fans blowing at me and my computer for the past month or so when it was hot. 

Still going to wait until it cools down more before I activate my overclocks again. 

I have central air but we haven't need it the whole summer.  The summer has been awful.  Hardly any warm weather and when I say there was some I'd be stretching the truth a bit.  As for cooling my pcs just the same old, same old with them needing nothing special to cool them.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

OP you glorious bugger, i have a spare 200mm fan for my NZXT Phantom case, couldn't mount it due to my CPU heatsink. Found a use for it now, lol.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

This is the opposite of ghetto

but I have one of these on my desk

hot1.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is the opposite of ghetto

but I have one of these on my desk

*Snippidy*

How do those work?

My dog is an idiot and every once in a while decides she wants to know what the spinning fan blades taste like... She has tried to lick one of my fans a couple times...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

How do those work?

My dog is an idiot and every once in a while decides she wants to know what the spinning fan blades taste like... She has tried to lick one of my fans a couple times...

Really well! also Magic, its basically like a turbine in the base and it flows through the oval thing, its not crazy powerful at blowing but its nice air and there is no buffeting like  a normal fan its nice to sit infront of

I mostly bought it as a heater, and it does an incredible job heating a 18m by 10m room in just a few minutes!

Expensive though (I got mine for 60% off with staff discount)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have 2 140mm Corsair fans sucking air in through my window.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Really well! also Magic, its basically like a turbine in the base and it flows through the oval thing, its not crazy powerful at blowing but its nice air and there is no buffeting like  a normal fan its nice to sit infront of

I mostly bought it as a heater, and it does an incredible job heating a 18m by 10m room in just a few minutes!

Cool. I guess I could have worded that better, I know physically how they work. I was more interested in your impressions lol.

That one must have a heating element in it, I would just get the fan only model. 

Thanks

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Cool. I guess I could have worded that better, I know physically how they work. I was more interested in your impressions lol.

That one must have a heating element in it, I would just get the fan only model. 

Thanks

I know :P haha but thought I would explain anyway :)

Oh yeah this is a Hot and Cold, the fan ones are round, they are a little bit more powerful at cooling

I have a real air conditioner. Ghetto setups aren't presentable.

This 

27NLCG2.jpg?1

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

it uses convection :/ it basicaly makes a tunnel of heat project by the curvature of the inner part and re-distrabutes  the air in a tunnel like state. That is how i was told it worked. #letthehateonmebegin

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

I am in Scotland. It never gets warm enough to need any sort of fans coming in the window or air conditioning. No one has air conditioning here.This is Scotland.

On an other note it never truly becomes night in the summer in Scotland. We just stay in twilight all night.