Amazon is testing out a redesign of its website.

Assassin

So I went to www.amazon.com and was greeted with a different design. This one looks a lot better in my opinion. What do you guys think? Is it available for you guys too? I like the contrast on the top of the page. 

Log in to Amazon.com on your computer and see if you notice anything different. Amazon is currently testing a redesign of its desktop site with select users. The new, sleeker homepage features the now-commonplace flat design and separate drop-down menus for Amazon's Kindle and Fire products and Prime features. Users that we've spoken to haven't noticed any changes on the mobile or tablet versions of the site. It remains to be seen if this design will roll out to more users, or if this is just a beta test. Amazon last major redesign was back in 2011, when it optimized its site for tablets, right before the release of the Kindle Fire.

Source: http://www.dailydot.com/technology/amazon-site-redesign/

JByGRQQ.png

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Looks pretty similar xD but I can see the change. It looks quite nice.

I thought it worked for me for the UK version...no can do :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

It still looks very similar, but I can notice the subtle changes. I'll hold judgment until I use the new website for myself, although I'm sure it'll be just fine.

COMIC SANS

This is pretty much the same layout just no sidebar and the top part is black.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

zpRrdU0.png

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

looks similar

but prettier

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

People are going to bash it anyway because it's change. Same thing happened with Facebook and Metro.

I have a feeling this is why the design does not look very different.  If anything, Amazon needs to become more diligent in placing product specifications and features on pages.  While the vast majority of products have a decent amount of information, Amazon should make this a requirement to list products on their site.

Every graphics card, for example, should include the manufacturer specification table below the product overview.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Looks sweet to me.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Looks almost the same which is good. At the worst it'll be like YouTube where it takes an extra three minutes to figure out where everything is again, but there won't be any Bob's in the Amazon reviews.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

They should keep it practical and not mess around to much with the design. Functional is best after all. Some websites have terrible design.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard