Any Martial Artists here

1chalupa

Ahh the other offensive and defensive thing was Tae kwon do, just asked my father.

Capoeira, tai chi, escrima, and plenty of other martial arts have "masks". Capoeira and escrima were covered up as dancing as a way for people to learn self defense. Tai chi starts off really slow so practitioners can fine tune subtle movements.

And I couldn't find a video without random music. Anyway, capoeira comes off as just dancing until the real fight begins. Likewise, tai chi just looks like old people's exercise.

Edit: I forgot about this. Lili's fighting style is basically a mix up of gymnastics and other arts. She looks like a pretty girl doing flips until she breaks your bones.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Yup.

I have a black belt in kick ass.

:P

In all seriousness though, when I was younger I did do taekwondo for a little while, but my parents pulled me out of it cause reasons. Whenever (or if...been lazy lately...someone motivate meeee) I get back into shape, I'd love to take up taekwondo again, because that was a ton of fun.

COMIC SANS

I used to got o Karate. Left the classes before even getting a blue belt..

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I took tae kwon do for a few years. Basically I left since the classes and instructors turned into sh*t.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Ahh the other offensive and defensive thing was Tae kwon do, just asked my father.

Yup.

I have a black belt in kick ass.

:P

In all seriousness though, when I was younger I did do taekwondo for a little while, but my parents pulled me out of it cause reasons. Whenever (or if...been lazy lately...someone motivate meeee) I get back into shape, I'd love to take up taekwondo again, because that was a ton of fun.

I took tae kwon do for a few years. Basically I left since the classes and instructors turned into sh*t.

I just remembered this

5 second films are awesome xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Shouldn't be too bad then^^

Kendo masks made me feel like i was in prison. Almost to the point where dropping the shinai felt like dropping the soap

kendo-mask_zps09bf8eb8.jpg

"Bring out the Gimp."  :P

k4jz3oF.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

none of you has a thing on the martial arts prowess of riki oh

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

--gimp--

Marsellus-Wallace-gun_zps55f0b20b.gif

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I trained in Krav Maga and Keysi Fighting Method for about 2 years, and it was great, but had to stop because it was just too expensive. Plus I could only make it to one of the two weekly sessions but still had to pay full price.

I also joined the Jiu-Jutsu society at my university when I started there, but left after a couple of months because the instructor at this club was more interested in teaching it as a sport, and I was looking for more practical knowledge.

I'd like to think I still remember enough training to kick some ass if I ever need to, but I'm probably rusty as Hell. :P

Currently 2 and a half years BJJ training, currently white belt w two stripes.

CPU Intel I7-4700MQ @2.4 ghz, turbos to 3.4 

Motherboard  whatever toshiba put in the thing

RAM 8GB 1600mhz 

GPU  Nvidia Geforce GT 740M  

Storage 750Gb 5400rpm   

Cooling  Crappy laptop fan 

Operating System  windows 8 64 bit

01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101000 01100001 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01000111 01101111 01101111 01100111 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01100010 01101100 01100001 01101101 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

This thread made me decide to see what i could still do.

So i stretched and then i did some katas (Forms,Patterns) I started off slowly and increased the speed as i went along.

I had almost forgotten how nice it was^^ I ended up going through all the forms i remember from the different styles.

The "southern style" wushu seems to be the one that i remember the most from.

Then i messed around a bit with the drunken fist. Because it's fun

What did i learn from that?... I am out of shape.. One hour of katas and i am completely done.. My legs are like jelly and my arms feel sluggish..

Tae Kwon Do

It's been forever since i've done it, but I made it to the third to last belt before I had to move.

Capoeira, tai chi, escrima, and plenty of other martial arts have "masks". Capoeira and escrima was covered up as dancing as a way for people to learn self defense. Tai chi starts off really slow so practitioners can fine tune subtle movements.

And I couldn't find a video without random music. Anyway, capoeira comes off as just dancing until the real fight begins. Likewise, tai chi just looks like old people's exercise.

Edit: I forgot about this. Lili's fighting style is basically a mix up of gymnastics and other arts. She looks like a pretty girl doing flips until she breaks your bones.

I guess I've always been doing old peoples movements then xD. I've never sped up the movements. 

k4jz3oF.jpg

Oh lawdy no!  

This thread made me decide to see what i could still do.

So i stretched and then i did some katas (Forms,Patterns) I started off slowly and increased the speed as i went along.

I had almost forgotten how nice it was^^ I ended up going through all the forms i remember from the different styles.

The "southern style" wushu seems to be the one that i remember the most from.

Then i messed around a bit with the drunken fist. Because it's fun

What did i learn from that?... I am out of shape.. One hour of katas and i am completely done.. My legs are like jelly and my arms feel sluggish..

I'm quite out of shape myself... time to start the get into shape project!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

i am a master of keyboard and mouse.

Oh? Thats quite a hard one to master good sir~

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

BJJ master race :)

Just been training for a year now at the Uni and one of the Gracie Barra gyms, awesome and very addictive. Got into a little bit of kickboxing but just with the uni, planning to take a bit more seriously next year and train more.  

From the people I have spoken in the mini martial arts culture of my uni it really varies gym to gym what quality of training you will receive. Some "Senseis" are complete arses and place more emphasis on meditating and respect than useful learning. Went to a Japanese ju-jitsu taster session, spent most of the time chanting and bowing, not sure how effective that would be.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I was really good at Ninjaing snacks when i was a child.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I've never gotten a chance to train any martial art. Not because of my physical condition (so no disabilities), but because of money. Can't really travel to the nearest town every week by bus as it'd burn down all my money in no time (unless I wanna walk ~60km per direction).

And now it would be maybe too late to start any, so I won't be practicing any martial art ever.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I've never gotten a chance to train any martial art. Not because of my physical condition (so no disabilities), but because of money. Can't really travel to the nearest town every week by bus as it'd burn down all my money in no time (unless I wanna walk ~60km per direction).

And now it would be maybe too late to start any, so I won't be practicing any martial art ever.

It's never too late, I've known somebody who was 62-64'ish and was still doing judo.

And on topic, I started jiu-jitsu when I was 5, started doing competition when I was 8-9-ish. Started with duo games, and when I was 10 I started fighting. First time EU championship when I was 13, ended up 4th. Stopped when I was 17. Picked up judo too when I was 13, to work on my technique.

Now I'm 20, and I'll start kickboxing when I change gym (current one doesn't have kickbox lessons). 

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

It's never too late, I've known somebody who was 62-64'ish and was still doing judo.

And on topic, I started jiu-jitsu when I was 5, started doing competition when I was 8-9-ish. Started with duo games, and when I was 10 I started fighting. First time EU championship when I was 13, ended up 4th. Stopped when I was 17. Picked up judo too when I was 13, to work on my technique.

Now I'm 20, and I'll start kickboxing when I change gym (current one doesn't have kickbox lessons). 

You're never too old for participating in martial arts, but you can be too old to start one at all if one is a complete beginner. A young age, preferably bellow 12 is good age for starting to a newcomer, but anything above that for total newbies is too late. Everyone will look at them and laugh for their embarrassment if they start late, like in their 20's or 30's, not to forget above 15 year-olds.

And still, participating in any martial art requires money. For me that would mean I'd be completely broke after the first week or two. It's just way too expensive for poor people.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

You're never too old for participating in martial arts, but you can be too old to start one at all if one is a complete beginner. A young age, preferably bellow 12 is good age for starting to a newcomer, but anything above that for total newbies is too late. Everyone will look at them and laugh for their embarrassment if they start late, like in their 20's or 30's, not to forget above 15 year-olds.

And still, participating in any martial art requires money. For me that would mean I'd be completely broke after the first week or two. It's just way too expensive for poor people.

If a martial art as a whole or a particular club laughs at new members over the age of 20 or 30 then that is a toxic environment and probably would not have been good for the person anyway. You can definitely learn and become good at a martial art (probably not world class) if you are older and not too unfit.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

If a martial art as a whole or a particular club laughs at new members over the age of 20 or 30 then that is a toxic environment and probably would not have been good for the person anyway. You can definitely learn and become good at a martial art (probably not world class) if you are older and not too unfit.

Unfortunately that's what the surrounding area within 40 kilometers at least just so happens to be towards me: people have spoken so much sh*t about me it has already spread to another villages. People don't trust me anymore, even though I've done nothing wrong but been a somewhat dull and antisocial person.

Unfortunately that's what the surrounding area within 40 kilometers at least just so happens to be towards me: people have spoken so much sh*t about me it has already spread to another villages. People don't trust me anymore, even though I've done nothing wrong but been a somewhat dull and antisocial person.

Why do they talk shit about you, would not be an age thing since you are still 17? My experience of martial arts clubs and gyms has mostly been pretty cool so far apart from one.

Still, a club is a closed, social environment. People are usualy quite close in my experience. Great place to make friends. Also, I've sparred with many people who were 25+ and had NO experience what so ever. Nobody EVER treats them badly, or goes full load on them. It's an unwritten rule, treat newcomers with respect. We were all there once.

Also, if you would start at the age of 30 you might be too late to jump into competition. But, you're not too old to get in shape + have fun. That's what it's all about, having fun.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best!