Any Martial Artists here

1chalupa

Took Karate when I was younger. uhh does Tai Chi count? 

My father taught me a bunch of offensive and defensive techniques but I don't know if it was some form of martial art or not. 

I would say that Tai Chi has definite value when used offensively/defensively.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Took Karate when I was younger. uhh does Tai Chi count? 

My father taught me a bunch of offensive and defensive techniques but I don't know if it was some form of martial art or not. 

Tai Chi is a martial art^^ so yes

With enough training it would probably be quite an effective one at that

My own personal style has influences from tai chi (or maybe i'd call it a slower version of wushu)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I was in karate classes for a couple of months when I was a kid. The only thing I vaguely remember is the regular punch and kick.

Fear me, I'll rek ya.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I would say that Tai Chi has definite value when used offensively/defensively.

Tai Chi is a martial art^^ so yes

With enough training it would probably be quite an effective one at that

My own personal style has influences from tai chi (or maybe i'd call it a slower version of wushu)

Ahhh I see... well I've always done it slowly never did quick movements and whatnot. As for Karate I haven't been practicing for years now, I'm actually kinda outta shape now...

Tai Chi was always done as a health thing for me really... Never though of it as a form of self defense.  

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ahhh I see... well I've always done it slowly never did quick movements and whatnot. As for Karate I haven't been practicing for years now, I'm actually kinda outta shape now...

Tai Chi was always done as a health thing for me really... Never though of it as a form of self defense.  

There is some cheesy music

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I was in karate classes for a couple of months when I was a kid. The only thing I vaguely remember is the regular punch and kick.

Fear me, I'll rek ya.

haumlmta_zps2b7f39d4.jpg

You wot!? Do ya even lift brah!?

Eh, no, there aren't any in here, why?

that's an artist, and he's just fucking with that guy.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've been a fencer for the last 4 years

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

A much much better video, look at the monk, he moves so fast you almost cant even see it until he stops

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've been a fencer for the last 4 years

How is the visibility in a fencing mask? 

Im thinking about training in historical european martial arts and they use similar masks.

How is the visibility in a fencing mask? 

Im thinking about training in historical european martial arts and they use similar masks.

It's like looking through a screen door

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

It's like looking through a screen door

Shouldn't be too bad then^^

Kendo masks made me feel like i was in prison. Almost to the point where dropping the shinai felt like dropping the soap

kendo-mask_zps09bf8eb8.jpg

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I Just Played Street Fighter X Tekken if that counts :P

Shouldn't be too bad then^^

Kendo masks made me feel like i was in prison. Almost to the point where dropping the shinai felt like dropping the soap

kendo-mask_zps09bf8eb8.jpg

Fencing masks aren't as bad. As long as you don't mind if being much hotter, that is.

not to change the subject but has anyone else practiced Kenpo Karate? 

also thanks for all the replies

Fencing masks aren't as bad. As long as you don't mind if being much hotter, that is.

The heat i can handle. Although i had to wring out my bandana after longer matches when i was doing kendo

What style of fencing is it that you do btw? épée, foil or sabre? 

The heat i can handle. Although i had to wring out my bandana after longer matches when i was doing kendo

What style of fencing is it that you do btw? épée, foil or sabre? 

Sabre

I'm not a point weapon peasant

Sabre

I'm not a point weapon peasant

The sabre was the only one that i had any interest in^^ I mean. If you've got a sword. Why not use all of it  ^_^

i should be able to train with a sabre in HEMA as well. But my favourite weapon will always be the spear or staff  ^_^

I Just Played Street Fighter X Tekken if that counts :P

Uriah Hall claimed that he used Tekken as a way to pick up on some moves. Considering this exists.

Along with frame analysis videos.

It wouldn't be a surprise that someone could learn based on videos (games). Hmm, it'd be cool if he was featured as a guest character in Tekken 7 just as an out of the blue sort of thing.

not to change the subject but has anyone else practiced Kenpo Karate? 

also thanks for all the replies

None around my area that I'm aware of. I know Kyo Kusanagi's fighting style is based on Kenpo though.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Ahh the other offensive and defensive thing was Tae kwon do, just asked my father.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^