GeForce GTX 780 Unboxing & Performance Review

He likes to live dangerously.

lol Good one  :lol:

I know joelthezombie15 is going to be happy with these results

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Any link or news about this, are they moving theirs to the side or actually have an adapter?

Errr...no....but it would be cool :D

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Hahahahah lol at all the morons that bought a titan xD 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

So the Titan was a questionable decision from Nvidia. Seems like they have kind of exploited the enthusiasts. Little shady in my opinion.

Also Nvidia are still having a hard time with the AMD focus titles. They still cant run Metro. 1440p anyway

So the Titan was a questionable decision from Nvidia. Seems like they have kind of exploited the enthusiasts. Little shady in my opinion.

Also Nvidia are still having a hard time with the AMD focus titles. They still cant run Metro. 1440p anyway

From what I heard the Titan was in response to something they thought AMD was coming out with, Basically they took the GTX 780 and added more Ram and pushed it out earlier than the 780 you could argue it could've been called the Gtx 785. Being that the 790 is Dual Proccessor, and there will be a 770 thats basically a dumbed down 780.

With Team Red to launch their new card this year they are just going step in foot in terms of releases.

Now you can argue that the 780 and Titan are overpriced , but to try and stay a step ahead of the competition that's just plan smart business.

This means a GTX 680 is going to get pretty cheap. FTW

~Judah

I can really say that the green team has some great looking cards!  Love the look of this along with the Titan of course.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

After watching linus's video and looking futher I found an review on a Windforce edition 780. Boosts better than 780, Beats the Titan.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_GTX_780_OC/1.html

Only under air cooling, and that's due to the Windforce cooler allowing GPU Boost 2.0 to clock the card higher. Put both cards under waterblocks and the Titan would probably win.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

It does really make the Titan seem like an odd release. It would be like if Intel had released a haswell extreme CPU months before the rest of the haswell chips came out... but called it something else.

I wonder why they didn't just call it a 780 ultra or 785 or something since it obviously has the same architecture as the 780 it falls into the 700 series. As fast as the titan is now, in a couple years it will still be called a titan but will be slower than what you will be able to get for $300 I'm sure.

Great card, I just don't have the money! Hope GTX 770 will be such a great success as well, that's what I will probably go with for my rig!

Damn that is simply amazing. Just love those Mini - Titans, but it's more of a student beating sensei kinda thing.

I doubt my wallet could hold down a gtx780 though so I guess it's gtx770 for me :O

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I'm still happy with my Sapphire HD 7970 OC, and can't afford the GTX 780 especially in Oz.

Though a pattern that is common is to avoid early adoption of technology, I mean look at games (EA origin sales), and now Video cards. I'm never going to be in a rush and wait around that is, even if I had the money.

I cant wait to see the 790 2 weakish titans on one card OMG

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

$650!

Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

Great job Nvidia, great price to performance ratio without compromising performance  :wub:

If only it was so well here. We're looking the most of a 1000 dollar price in Denmark. :(

This will be in my next build :D Coming this summer in forums near you xD

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

They took the price 1:1 in Germany, so its 650€, around 850$ :(

Same problem in Norway, But instead of 650 usd = 3700 we have to pay 5400 = 900+ usd

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Same problem in Norway, But instead of 650 usd = 3700 we have to pay 5400 = 900+ usd

Still better than the 1300-1400$ we would pay for a Titan :-p I think that price is as to be expected and feel its at the right spot in our market :-p

GTX 780 costs  670€ - 730€ in my country :(

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I cant wait to see the 790 2 weakish titans on one card OMG

Yes, that will be amazing!

Is it normal to randomly outburst "I WANT A 780!" when speaking to my friends?

Cpu: I5 3570k @ 4.3ghz Gpu: EVGA GTX 780 FTW edition Case: Corsair 300R​ Ram: 8GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Motherboard: ASUS P8-Z77 V-LX Keyboard: Corsair k50 raptor  Mouse: Razer naga 2012 edition OS: Windows 8.1

Is it normal to randomly outburst "I WANT A 780!" when speaking to my friends?

Totally normal BUT be sure that you don't do that close to the white suits!