What Recording software has the best fps?

KookosPahkina

DXTory has pretty big file sizes atleast on my settings.. 800mb-1min.. thats a bit too much for me, are my settings fucked up or what?

Is there any other recording programs with a decent fps and not that huge video file..

What codec and settings are you using? I get smaller files with Dxtory than with FRAPS but it's still 2gig a minutes.

MSI Afterburner is good if you want lower file sizes with good quality. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

OBS with AMD VCE(your GPU support it) or Intel QuickSync(if your CPU support it).

where do i find this

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

where do i find this

Fooshi just posted the link above your post and i posted it in previous page.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Tried out the new Raptr today. It doesn't detect my R9 290 as "replay/record" capable, so I'm assuming Twitch streaming will suck since it evidently sees my card as incompatible with VCE.

Tried out the new Raptr today. It doesn't detect my R9 290 as "replay/record" capable, so I'm assuming Twitch streaming will suck since it evidently sees my card as incompatible with VCE.

Did you simply update it or a clean install?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Did you simply update it or a clean install?

Clean install. Never used it before.

Tried streaming to twitch. I went "live" according to the app, but it never actually ever streamed anything.

Pretty disappointed

• 4 weeks later...

On a multi-GPU AMD system, nothing beats Mirilis Action! for low overhead. It uses both GPU's and seriously just stomps all over Raptr. Raptr being the only other streaming software capable of twitch streaming in crossfire systems OBS/Overwolf/Xsplit/FFsplit will not do it at all.

I have not tried Action! using only one GPU, but I imagine it would be the same. Action uses AMD APP accelerated encoding and it utilizes it extremely well. So well in fact, that i can play BF4 @1440p on ultra and maintain anywhere from 100 to 200 fps while streaming at 1080p/30fps...Here is an example of the kind of quality to expect though, not perfect, but still decent enough: (http://www.twitch.tv/the9quad/b/559540249)

That said, it is missing quite a few useful features that other streaming apps have. Still though, it's my go to streaming app though when I am playing FPS games where I don't want any impact on framerate.

If i was on a single GPU I would probably use OBS since it is free and has a ton of functionality ,and maybe give raptr a try since it has hands down the best twitch chat overlay out which is really something anyone should check out just to mess with anyway (overwolf has the same overlay as well, since they are essentially the same program).

Another thing I found useful is SNIP by dlrudie it is for streaming your music title in OBS, it's a pretty cool program worth checking out in conjunction with OBS, and it's free. it's on github and supports Spotify, iTunes, and Winamp.

Also keep in mind with Raptr if you have an overclocked Korean monitor then it will break the DVR functionality (they are working on fixing it I guess).

Mirillis is a paid program btw, I should mention that, so keep that in mind. I know that matters to any sane person when free programs exist that do the same thing, I just mentioned it because it works with almost zero performance hit in crossfire, which is the only reason I bought it..

One last thing if you have a ton of ram, the record to ram feature of Afterburner in conjunction with the pre-record feature, is imo better than Raptr DVR as it has no time limit (only limited by ram), has variable quality settings, and has a not to bad impact on performance (not as good as Raptr in that area though)

That's a lot of rambling but I hope I provided something useful.