What are issues/annoyances that came up while building your PC?

rambi36

The tall reservoir, some mounting compatibility. "Hack and saw" 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

• Getting everything in, connected and fired up and it's glorious! Every connection works, it looks fantastic and it was worth every scrape and trial. You put in the USB to load Win for the first time and... what!!!!? 3 frigging hours later realize that the USB thing isn't working and use the CD and it works like a charm.

That is basically what happened with me and @athesean1 when we were building my computer :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Not a single problem..

Exept for this

2013-05-11173556_zpsa01fd6bf.jpg

Had to bend the piece in the picture outwards in order to get the 8pin through.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Cable Management, even with a modular PSU, there is no space behind motherboard, so everything goes between motherboard and hard drive cages.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Low selection of items: I either deal with import costs and epic delivery times or just have a lot less choices for example I'd like a phanteks or fractal case but at best I can get some corsair or nzxt models

-------

Current Rig

-------

The 8 pin cpu power connector barely fits with my 240mm rad right in front of it. But I used that as an excuse to get sleeved extensions to reduce stress on the connector.

My 4670k is a poopy overclocker. Like 3.8ghz tops bad.

Other than those, it went pretty smoothly.

My drive and ssd in cages in the 350D. I'm still confused about them.

The front IO connectors 

My reset button has never in the time that I've had this PC done anything

Had to use LGA 2011 standoff screws on LGA 1150 board because they wouldn't fit properly with H100i.

Fancontroller. 5 Fans in total all cables ziptied down and routed to the controller. Um so what cable was for what fan again? .-. Fail

Cpubackplate didn't fit in the hole in the phantom 410. So had to get someone to cut a piece out.

Went good overall. 

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

usually the power supply gives me trouble evertime, has to reseat most of em to get it started up. that's the only issue i've had so far..

Details separate people.

Some stuff that happened:

• Bought a new case but kept the crap 700W(?) PSU that came with the old case and realized that the 4pin won't reach the socket from the bottom-mounted PSU and the 20+4pin barely even reaches the motherboard so I had to use 4pin and 24pin extensions.
  • Used the 260X with molex to PCI adapters to plug it in to the crap PSU...
  • Had trouble installing the DeepCool Gammaxx S40 onto the mounting brackets... Seriously... I had to use around 25kgs of force just to get that onto the FM2 brackets...

At least what happened above wasn't as bad as pulling out dust balls the size of kittens from an old Dell...

My biggest problem is random BSOD ,even with all updates ,win crash with any message.It should be problem with motherboard or CPU ,don't know if AMD do something wrong..

the I/O shield

those little metal clips/tabs that come out at the back of the shield got stuck in my usb and ethernet port

and i noticed that after everything was already put together...<<

and installing the h220

the damn backplate would not go trough the mobo hole no matter what, i had it oriented correctly and everything, just the 1 hole on the mobo seemed to be smaller than the rest and the screw hole on the bacplate would not go trough

i muscled it trough in the end, but was applying way too much pressure to be comfortable

actually got a slight bleed on my thumb by pushing on the edges of the backplate to force it trough

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

The builds are fine until the cable management part. One of the computers I built had a power supply that had short cables which was annoying. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i