[WCCFTech] possible 12-core APU

carolkarine

This is nothing new.  Note the product title: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113359

They're very clear in specifying what's what, so I don't see a problem with this.  These chips are designed for the GPU units to be accessible to harness for computation in addition to the CPU cores, so it does make sense.

wow link bait much. WCCF probably looked at there google analytics and when oh no our click rate has dropped, quick make something up

Getting real tired of your shit linus forum.

80% of the rumors ive seen on wccftech turned out true and they never lied. If it was a rumore/speculation/personal opinion it was ALWAYS stated in the article. And if you bother to actually read the dam articles you would realize that they do have the knowledge to speculate on such matters.

For the record there is a good chance this is real. Like others speculated this is 12 compute cores. Most likely 4 cpu + 8 gpu. It's getting to the point where i can have more inteligent discussions on the wccftech comment section.

12 CORES!!!!*

*Divided into 2 modules of 6 cores

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Getting real tired of your shit linus forum.

80% of the rumors ive seen on wccftech turned out true and they never lied. If it was a rumore/speculation/personal opinion it was ALWAYS stated in the article. And if you bother to actually read the dam articles you would realize that they do have the knowledge to speculate on such matters.

For the record there is a good chance this is real. Like others speculated this is 12 compute cores. Most likely 4 cpu + 8 gpu. It's getting to the point where i can have more inteligent discussions on the wccftech comment section.

Which makes you just as credible as they are.

you can tell this is photoshopped

Not just photoshopped, it looks like a render to me. The whole thing seems to be fake.

First it's not an actual photo of a truck, and they clearly point that out. It's an advertisement posted directly by AMD's PR department, so there's nothing "fake" about it. WCCFTech does nothing more than speculate as to what the "12" actually means, and they are very upfront about it being speculation. They are also not the original source. That original source even provides a link to AMD's official Youtube page that has a video for the exact same advertising campaign.

It might be a better idea to actually take a look and read an article before dismissing out of hand.

Thank you.

It's not like the LinusTech forum members ever speculate about stuff, unless you count every rumor about the release of a new GPU, CPU, tablet, phone, etc. that has passed by the news section since the forum was started.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

When i was 5 i made better Photoshop with my pukes :P

No No No

Oh come on guys counting the GPU cores in a processor is misleading at best: 99% of your applications won't ever use them and even for games it won't be enough. Until we have widespread use of applications that leverage the GPU cores this is just marketing, not an issue to be argued over.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't get the point even if it is real. Until they give you the option of doing dual graphics with twin r9 290's, then it's pointless in my book.

Edit: not to mention better support for pcie3.0

And I dont care if you say "well pcie2.0 is just as good and modern graphics cards can't even saturate that"

If that was true, then what in the hell is the point of x16 and pcie3.0?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

which is a load of marketing bullshit. calling them the same thing is simply wrong.

It's 12 Compute cores :)

It'd be 12 "cores" if using HSA and HUMA as that way they can communicate in a heterogeneous fashion

4 integer units 2 floating point units and 8 GCN compute units:)

I don't get the point even if it is real. Until they give you the option of doing dual graphics with twin r9 290's, then it's pointless in my book.

And I dont care if you say "well pcie2.0 is just as good and modern graphics cards can't even saturate that"

The point of pcie 3.0 x16 is for hardware that can use it. Graphics cards aren't the only things that fit in those slots.

LMAO Photoshopped badly.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Reminds me of this

I was going to post that.

But...I already made a thread some time ago about it so I guess it's okay.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Pretty much, even just supporting the 270 and 280 will help a lot. I think the issue is that the memory on those cards is different so there's no easy way to leverage that to the CPU video cores but you're right they should figure a way to do that, then I'd be extremely interested.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Pretty much, even just supporting the 270 and 280 will help a lot. I think the issue is that the memory on those cards is different so there's no easy way to leverage that to the CPU video cores but you're right they should figure a way to do that, then I'd be extremely interested.

Exactly. Right now you get stuck with (I think) their weakest card, and an APU. Unless those are capable of 4k, or above 60hz @ 1080p, then dual graphics, and thus the entire apu line, is essentially pointless to me. For the same price you might as well just get a console and slit your wrists lol.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If this happened, I'd be very moist

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

http://wccftech.com/amd-12-core-aseries-apu-inbound/

they're getting this information from the side of a truck, and it just looks photoshopped.

I also don't see AMD doing this. their high-core count processors remain in the FX series, and I don't see how they could fit those cores on a die with a gpu of any size.

Dude APU are shit AMD knows it they have no good cpu's so to fool the idiots they call their APU's 8-10-12 core whatever its actually same old 4 core weak cpu and radeon cores 8 just so they can call the APU 12 core to fool the fools like i said.They call them compute cores read the article before posting stuff WCCFT is not wrong you just dont know the amd cores drama...

Piss on APU's they should keep them for mobile only and work again on them desktop/server cpu's im sick of intel's misery marketing.

which is a load of marketing bullshit. calling them the same thing is simply wrong.

The goal of HSA is to make them be able to work together so seamlessly that the distinction no longer matters, since Kaveri is the first APU to be HSA capable that's why they went with that marketing.

Not just photoshopped, it looks like a render to me. The whole thing seems to be fake.

yeah it's too picture-perfect

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for gravedigging, but I Googled "cool semi truck" and found a source image.

German_Truck_5.JPG

in fact here's a whole bunch of them!

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

sorry for gravedigging, but I Googled "cool semi truck" and found a source image.

are you a level 80 Necromancer ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Still more credibility than people spouting nonsense about HL3.

It is WCCFTech, so this isn't anything important or true. Haven't we learned our lesson from the 880 rumors?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.