[Free] Techy Socks from Sophos

Benjio

I don't know about you guys, but I think some of these are pretty sweet.

To get them, you're supposed to be in the IT industry (or a student I think), have a business email, and some other company info, as well as get hassled about signing up for a trial of some of their software. I don't think any of this is actually necessary, I'm sure you can just bull shit your way through it and still get them.

https://secure2.sophos.com/en-us/lp/sysmas.aspx?utm_source=Sysmas&utm_medium=Web-banner&utm_campaign=Sysmas-NA-WB-Spiceworks

I personally went for the #4 choice, the '404 error' ones. Let me know what you guys choose. Enjoy your socks!

(I added the poll just for fun :) )

4, 5 and 12 are clearly the best

3 is also pretty cool
10 is hilarious :D

Number 10 is brilliant.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Number 10 is brilliant.

Yeah, I'm debating whether to get that or #6 to get shipped to my other address...

I'm gonna order a pair of Number 3, and pretend that when it gets here, it was just a normal package. I'm gonna pretend nobody cares.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Numba 6 has a hoss :3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Got a pair. I actually count as an IT Consultant and the business I work at was actually known on that site.

So I may be the only person on here who gets a legit pair.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I have ordered #3, They will be glorious. 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Don't ship to ireland :'(

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

it was either 10 or 4... I went for 4(04)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

To get them, you're supposed to be in the IT industry (or a student I think), have a business email, and some other company info, as well as get hassled about signing up for a trial of some of their software. I don't think any of this is actually necessary, I'm sure you can just bull shit your way through it and still get them.

Can someone confirm is BS'ing works?

Got a pair. I actually count as an IT Consultant and the business I work at was actually known on that site.

So I may be the only person on here who gets a legit pair.

I work in the IT industry, so mine is mostly legit. :)

Can someone confirm is BS'ing works?

I imagine it depends on how good of a BS job you do, I'd imagine as long as you make it seem legit it will work...

aww my email isn't showing up. Guess no awesome socks for me.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

aww my email isn't showing up. Guess no awesome socks for me.

They take a while to come through. I was waiting about 30 mins for mine.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

it signed me up for sophos cloud. HOW DO I DEACTIVATE 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

it signed me up for sophos cloud. HOW DO I DEACTIVATE 

As long as you didn't give any of your credit card info or Paypal or anything like that, just let the trial run out and ignore it.

As long as you didn't give any of your credit card info or Paypal or anything like that, just let the trial run out and ignore it.

thats what im gonna do now. that cloud stuff is stupid. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

• 1 month later...

Got my socks today! 404 Error, feet not found  :P

They came wrapped in a little piece of yarn and everything. Don't have time to take pics unfortunately as I'm on my way out the door, but they're pretty nice!