Cheapest Single GPU for BF4 high settings at 60fps

SoloWing

Hey guys, so I was wondering, what would be the cheapest GPU to play games like BF4 at high while still getting around 60FPS

Thanks in advance. :)

R9 270.

You forgot to mention the resolution you plan to play at.

Ah, the resolution, 1080p ofcourse. :D

R9-270/GTX 760

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Ah, the resolution, 1080p ofcourse. :D

I would say 750ti or above, anything less than that isn't worth it imo.

R7 270

this gpu doesnt exist

lawl

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

What version of the R9 270 would you guys recommend?

MSI, ASUS, Sapphire?

I can't quite choose. :/

MSI, ASUS, Sapphire?

asus

MSI, ASUS, Sapphire?

I have an MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3 and I'm happy with it :)

I had a sapphire 7870 dual-X (r9 270 is a 7870 re-brand) and it performed well but mine had a faulty fan that made it run very hot... sh*t happens I guess I won't take it personally.

My brother has an ASUS 7770 and it's good for what it is and looks nice with the matte black PCB.

Get the cheapest to be honest you can't go wrong with any of those brands!

Titan Z or titan black sli LOL jk the 270x will be an excellent choice u can opt for 750ti if u want shorter gpu

Go Radeon for Mantle support. AN R9 270x should fit the bill using Mantle.

Just to be sure High in BF4 =/= Ultra or max settings.

High: R9-270(X) or GTX 760 will fine.

Ultra: You are looking at a R9-280X, GTX 770 or better (more if you plan to crank up the MSAA, AF, and shadows).

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

^^ best GPUs for 1080P high and Ultra

at High settings you only need the 2GB version for the 270/X and GTX760

for Ultra you have to pick at least the 280/X for the 3GB VRAM over the GTX770

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I've used the ASUS R9 280X DCUII http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FT2S4BG at 1080p on ultra settings with nice frames. I'd recommend going that route. I wouldn't get the R9 270 or anything less than a GTX 760/R9 280. Also, buy a new AMD card to ensure you don't get something that has been used for mining.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, ASUS Maximus VII Hero, i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2X8GB 1866Mhz CL9, 2X Crucial M500 960GB, EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS, ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2

I've used the ASUS R9 280X DCUII http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FT2S4BG at 1080p on ultra settings with nice frames. I'd recommend going that route. I wouldn't get the R9 270 or anything less than a GTX 760/R9 280. Also, buy a new AMD card to ensure you don't get something that has been used for mining.

I have one right here and a lot of VRAM modules are not covered by heatsink.

Need to spend some more $$$ on a low-profile(that means low performance) aftermarket vram heatsink at least.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I have one right here and a lot of VRAM modules are not covered by heatsink.

Need to spend some more $$$ on a low-profile(that means low performance) aftermarket vram heatsink at least.

You already have an Asus 280x? If you don't have problems with VRAM and temps I wouldn't bother with the heatsinks stuff.

About your topic I recommend the 270 if you are on a tight budget but if you can spend a little more the R9 280 seems to be one of the best bang for the buck cards right now. But you can OC the 270 to get more performance and take advantage of Mantle.

You already have an Asus 280x? If you don't have problems with VRAM and temps I wouldn't bother with the heatsinks stuff.

About your topic I recommend the 270 if you are on a tight budget but if you can spend a little more the R9 280 seems to be one of the best bang for the buck cards right now. But you can OC the 270 to get more performance and take advantage of Mantle.

I have the directcuII asus 280x(was cheap at $175) with a sapphire toxic on the way.

Considering lots of people are complaining about artifacts; heatsink is probably good to have.

It's not my topic.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I have the directcuII asus 280x(was cheap at $175) with a sapphire toxic on the way.

Considering lots of people are complaining about artifacts; heatsink is probably good to have.

It's not my topic.

I confused you with the OP sorry. $175 that's a pretty damn deal! I would enjoy the card if you're not having problems with it but it seems that you're waiting for a Toxic 280x wich is one of the best 280x. Good luck with your new card, it's awesome. You can give me the Asus 280x if you want... :P