[CSNATION] Yogscast Allegedly Scamming Yogventure Kickstarter Backers

TwistedDictator
Despite the success of the Kickstarter campaign in May 2012 for Yogventures, the Yogscast has revealed that the project is dead. In addition, Lewis Brindley (Xephos) remarks that the company is under "no obligation to do anything" despite receiving over twice their donation goal for the doomed game.

Winterkewl Games was the studio that was working on the game. Of the nearly $570,000 raised on Kickstarter, Winterkewl was allotted $415,000 to use on development. $300,000 of that amount was marked for salaries for developers and artists. Of that $300,000 at least $35,000 was paid to one artist that did absolutely no work over a period of two weeks. The reason was due to the artist in question being hired by LucasArts and them not allowing him to continue work on Yogventures during that transitional period.

Source

I thought I would post before someone else does. I know most of you guys dont read the source and make assumption just by reading the title lol (e.g. the ubisoft watch dog issue I posted lol), but it does seem like yogcast is not in the wrong, they wasn't devolping the game but they were the face of the game.

edit:I think yogcast does have a relationship with the devolper so I would slighty blame yogcast aswell.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

That's the world we live in. People take advantage of people, some just do it to kids aswell cough Yogscast

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Well, I wouldn't say they are scamming the Kickstarter backers. There is always that risk with Kickstarter, a project can fail.

And, it's not like they haven't supplied the backers with anything, they have already given all the backers a Beta key to a new game that they are getting involved with, called TUG, I believe. Hardly scamming.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

There real question is do you blame them or do you blame yourself for giving them the money.

Will you blame J.K rowling or Tolkien for a shitty EA adaptation?

This is just the tip of the iceberg most Kickstarters will be revealed as scams as time goes on. And all of you who contribute fucking deserve it: read the small print guys, people who have enough talent and reputation to be credible enough would also be credible enough for a fucking bank loan or actual investors and wouldn't need to beg for money.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wow really?

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

What is yogocats

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Well, I wouldn't say they are scamming the Kickstarter backers. There is always that risk with Kickstarter, a project can fail.

And, it's not like they haven't supplied the backers with anything, they have already given all the backers a Beta key to a new game that they are getting involved with, called TUG, I believe. Hardly scamming.

Alright cool,... So I guess that means there should be no problem donating every last cent to a charity, and not keeping the money to themselves?  I mean, it isn't a scam, right?  As in, a scam would involve taking people from money by effectively lying and keeping the money to themselves... so if they take the part out about keeping the money to themselves, then surely it won't be a scam, right?

Let's wait and see!  Let's see where the money will go! :D

What is yogocats

Youtube Channel. Search for bluexephos on YT. They mostly do Minecraft, at least they used to just play MC together. Two Brits. They're pretty funny..

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Alright cool,... So I guess that means there should be no problem donating every last cent to a charity, and not keeping the money to themselves?  I mean, it isn't a scam, right?  As in, a scam would involve taking people from money by effectively lying and keeping the money to themselves... so if they take the part out about keeping the money to themselves, then surely it won't be a scam, right?

Let's wait and see!  Let's see where the money will go! :D

Okay. I'm just saying that people are getting all up in arms about money that they chose to donate, not getting it's full potential. People need to know that there is a risk with Kickstarter projects and that they have a possibility of going tits up. I mean, I don't think that the majority of people that donate to Kickstarters are particularly wise as they chose to donate over £10,000 to some bloke making potato salad, or whatever it was.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Well, they ARE under no obligation to anything. Kickstarter is no different then throwing money at a beggar. 

Maybe the beggar will buy proper clothes, get a job and have a wonderful life with the money you gave, or maybe the beggar will just buy some booze and puke on your shoes.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Well, they ARE under no obligation to anything. Kickstarter is no different then throwing money at a beggar. 

Maybe the beggar will buy proper clothes, get a job and have a wonderful life with the money you gave, or maybe the beggar will just buy some booze and puke on your shoes.

I think this is the perfect analogy for Kickstarter.