See if you can find a game like this...

Slater

EDIT: Changed my criteria slightly due to a decision my friends and I made to pretty much wait for GTA V online and hope it turns out alright. So instead i'm now looking to find a game to play with a friend and myself so something Co-op. We both are keen on an RPG game something similar to the elder scrolls series.

The criteria that MUST be in the game are:

• Must be on PC
  • Open world/Sandbox
  • In depth character creation & customisation
  • (Minimum) 2 player co-op
  • Modern/fantasy setting
  • Non-linear objectives (free to do anytime)
  • Preferably not an MMO (especially WoW clones)
  • Ideally not older than 2 years (the newer the better)
  • Third Person view (Or at the very least NO top down view)
  • Must not be a side scroller

If you're suggesting an MMORPG then please refrain from ones that are...

• Pay to win
  • Have tab targeting
  • Have excessive grinding

...But ones that do have:

• Good character creation/customisaton
  • ....and pretty much as many of the above requirements for non-MMORPGs that apply.

So if you guys know of any game(s) that fit all those criteria (highly doubt it) then please list them here i would definitely be interested in checking them out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also to reduce the number of same suggested games, don't suggest the following already suggested games:

• APB Reloaded
  • Just Cause 2
  • Saints Row Series
  • GTA Series
  • Firefall
  • 7 Days to Die
  • Diablo 2
  • Minecraft
  • TERA
  • State of Decay

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

APB Reloaded Free to play on steam

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Gonna follow this, I've been looking for a decent one that doesn't get boring.

I used to play RuneScape with friends tons, and still occasionally hop onto friends' accounts on OSRS. It has never-ending content. But it's not as great as I'd like.

I want something with everything you mentioned, plus appealing graphics, and a different environment, with the same amount/more content than RS.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Saints row 4 seems to satisfy your premise

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Finding a game like this i know will be very hard but when a good one does pop up or is made or is even in the works even that would be great for many of us who are looking for a bit more. Not to mention an actual decent game! Checked out APB already tried it out didn't like it (forgot to mention it) as for Just Cause 2, while it does look fun, the lack of objectives makes it about as fun as minecraft (aka gets boring fast) at least for me anyway.

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Saints row 4 seems to satisfy your premise

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it doesn't support 4 player multiplayer.

EDIT: Sorry for double post

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it doesn't support 4 player multiplayer.

Oh right I forgot *facepalm* have you checked out firefall? I can't remember if it fits your requirements at the moment though, it should (it's an mmofps from what I heard).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Oh right I forgot *facepalm* have you checked out firefall? I can't remember if it fits your requirements at the moment though, it should (it's an mmofps from what I heard).

Just checked out firefall a fair bit and it seems quite interesting, will definitely put that in my list of games to consider :) Thanks for the suggestion. One of my friends did say it was basically planetside 2 with lower level graphics but to me it reminds me more of borderlands due to the artstyle.

Still looking for more suggestions to consider as well though!

Bump

Anybody else know of anything?  :)

Bumping hoping for any new answers.

GTA 4 ;)

Sorry don't know enything else.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I'm still hanging around here.

Personally, the only games I'm waiting for are ArcheAge, and maybe Black Desert.

Check them out if you'd like, but neither of them are released yet. I don't know of any other games that will provide long-term entertainment for you and your friends that fits all your criteria, even if I sacrifice some of the bullets.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Diablo 2

meets almost none of your requirements, but it still kicks ass and never gets old

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I'm still hanging around here.

Personally, the only games I'm waiting for are ArcheAge, and maybe Black Desert.

Check them out if you'd like, but neither of them are released yet. I don't know of any other games that will provide long-term entertainment for you and your friends that fits all your criteria, even if I sacrifice some of the bullets.

Yeah i have a feeling that no games if any at all really fit the requirements, the only one closest is Firefall but even then there's a couple of my mates who are a bit hesitant about it seeing as it's an MMO, a game without a definite ending. I remember seeing Black Desert and it definitely looks interesting but as you mentioned it isn't out just yet. Not sure about ArcheAge, i think i remember reading or seeing it somewhere but obviously it wasn't to my taste otherwise i'd still remember it. But thanks for the suggestions!

Check out APB.

And I don't know if it's still a thing but I used to play the multiplayer mod for GTA SA.

There weren't any missions to do but it had sandbox servers, deathmatch servers, stunt servers and so on. It was really awesome.

Of course GTA SA is a very old game now but in my eyes it's a timeless classic.

APB Reloaded Free to play on steam

But many people say it's "not recommended". That's the reason I didn't add it to my library too! Are they serious? Is it worth trying?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

From what i remember APB has a great character customisation system but aside from that, the rest of the game itself is mediocre. I have read that the community for that game is terrible with plenty of trolls, swearing and i think even discrimination (not sure about the last one) but yeah it didn't paint a pretty picture when reading all that. I have a friend who has played over 2000 hrs of that game and he still tells me don't play it, that it's terrible. You might wonder why he keeps playing, he tells me because he's one of those elitists in the game and so he plays it from time to time. APB would be ideal but i've tried it myself once and it was just too laggy for me to play decently and i wasn't too engaged in the game when i gave it a shot so unfortunately i have to say APB is not for me and most likely not going to be for the rest of my friends.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I have to say it....

Minecraft  :P

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

I have to say it....

Minecraft  :P

Haha we've already played minecraft and the main reason we didn't find it as enjoyable was because of the lack of an objective. Mucking around is fun for a while but it can get boring fairly quick. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

But many people say it's "not recommended". That's the reason I didn't add it to my library too! Are they serious? Is it worth trying?

From what i remember APB has a great character customisation system but aside from that, the rest of the game itself is mediocre. I have read that the community for that game is terrible with plenty of trolls, swearing and i think even discrimination (not sure about the last one) but yeah it didn't paint a pretty picture when reading all that. I have a friend who has played over 2000 hrs of that game and he still tells me don't play it, that it's terrible. You might wonder why he keeps playing, he tells me because he's one of those elitists in the game and so he plays it from time to time. APB would be ideal but i've tried it myself once and it was just too laggy for me to play decently and i wasn't too engaged in the game when i gave it a shot so unfortunately i have to say APB is not for me and most likely not going to be for the rest of my friends.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

I've played APB with my friends for a bit, couple of hours, And I must tell you, it's not that bad, I mean it's not the best by far, but I liked the whole cops vs criminals against each other and the objectives... 

I mean the laggynes all depends on internet connection, as everything in the game is hosted on the server, so if you're complaining that the cars handling is shit, that might mean that your ping is shit. 

But all in all, I liked it.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I've played APB with my friends for a bit, couple of hours, And I must tell you, it's not that bad, I mean it's not the best by far, but I liked the whole cops vs criminals against each other and the objectives... 

I mean the laggynes all depends on internet connection, as everything in the game is hosted on the server, so if you're complaining that the cars handling is shit, that might mean that your ping is shit. 

But all in all, I liked it.

Yeah ping was pretty bad regardless of which server i was on (the downsides of Australian net) so can't really blame it for lagginess but for myself personally i did find it unengaging after a while. The idea and concept are great, the execution not so much.

GTA San Andreas SAMP and MTA. Loads of people still play this (most servers are russian tho). Lots of gamemodes like Roleplay, Cops and Robbers, Free Roam and Deathmatch

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.