Proof Verizon is throttling Netflix

Keudn

first world problems

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

first world problems

You mean #firstworldproblems.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I have had Verizon for two years, 8 if you count having their shitty 0.5Mbps dsl package (which they jacked all the way up to $80 a month when its suppose to be $20). Anyways I've never had a problem with Netflix, ever.

first world problems

This only happens in america though. as far as i'm aware anyway.

Well the simplest explanation is this: Netflix is competition. If they make Netflix "Look Bad", then people will be more likely to purchase their own Media Solution: FiOS TV

Also, the other reason is that Netflix recently came to a deal with Comcast to basically "pay" for a "fast lane". Or in other words, pay to not be throttled. So if Verizon can "sweat" Netflix out, maybe just maybe they'll get some of that sweet sweet "protection" money too.

Other reasons being that if Verizon is being lazy and/or greedy and is behind in network infrastructure upgrades (Which is pretty likely given it's a US based ISP), then they can save on cost by just throttling that which uses the most bandwidth.

Don't forget Redbox, Verizon owns Redbox. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason for the throttling. But your point still stands.

Project Restomod (In progress)

Don't forget Redbox, Verizon owns Redbox. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason for the throttling. But your point still stands.

Good point. I didn't know that they owned Redbox, but that just reinforces my point :P They want you to use a service that THEY own, such as Redbox or their own TV or IPTV solutions. Netflix means no money for them :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)