GhostWindGamer

Hey guys I was wondering what good racing games are out there on the pc thanks

dirt 3

grid 

ifs hot pursuit, shift, rivals, underground

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Grid Autosport is good.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Personally, I love Burnout Paradise, which happens to be on PC.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Assetto Corsa is a really really good buy right now 

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

Assetto Corsa is a really really good buy right now

I'll look into it

I just finished playing Dirt 3. You NEED to get a 360 gamepad though. Otherwise it is unplayable IMO.

I have a 360 game pad so I got that covered for games that are better with it

honestly if Forza or gran-turismo-ps11.jpg

Is'nt on PC then nothing man, wow thats crazy.

I say this because, I had a very bad Gypsie attack...they stole my wife, plow... and they touch my horse in a very bad way... he got very depressed.

Good racing games on PC? I'm sorry to say that but there aren't any.

You could play the ones that Codemasters is shitting out (Formula 1, Dirt, Grid), Need for Speed (Need for Burnout lately) and there's indy stuff like Assetto Corsa and pCARS in fall 2014 but none of them have the quality of the Forzas, Gran Turismos, Motorstorms and Driveclub.

It's sad but it's true.

144Hz goodness

You could play the ones that Codemasters is shitting out (Formula 1, Dirt, Grid), Need for Speed (Need for Burnout lately) and there's indy stuff like Assetto Corsa and pCARS in fall 2014 but none of them have the quality of the Forzas, Gran Turismos, Motorstorms and Driveclub.

It's sad but it's true.

Have you looked into Project Cars at all?

Its being developed by the same team that made NFS Shift and Shift 2, so it isn't indie.

Also how do know that Driveclub compares to Forza and Gran Turismo, because last time I checked Driveclub hasn't released.  So what are you basing the quality of Driveclub on exactly?

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Have you looked into Project Cars at all?

Its being developed by the same team that made NFS Shift and Shift 2, so it isn't indie.

Also how do know that Driveclub compares to Forza and Gran Turismo, because last time I checked Driveclub hasn't released. So what are you basing the quality of Driveclub on exactly?

Yes, I indeed took a look at pCARS, the dev, Slightly Mad took got all their financials from crowdfunding which makes them an indie dev for me.

I don't know if you've already played Driveclub but it plays quite interesting and it surely is one of the best looking titles out there.

144Hz goodness

DIRT and GRID are good or if you like demo derby style the flatout series were great - 'next car game' is the early access spiritual successor.

Most of the TOCA/Race Driver/Grid series is available on PC, and most of them are pretty damn good.

Depends on what you want. If you want a simulator, Assetto Corsa is a must. If you prefer the more arcade style, Grid is a really good series.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

the Dirt series is quite good, and they look beautiful aswell

DiRT 1 is phenomenal for rally fans, DiRT 2 for x-games fans and DiRT 3 for gymkhana fans!

GRID Autosport for passionate drivers which is good!

Ignore NFS latest titles, they're quite childish

GRID 2 is very arcadish, the handling is so drifty!

GRID Autosport is the one to get! 

Assetto Corsa is still early access which devs are progressively uploading cars in it but still a phenomenal racing SIM!

Project Cars is Unleashed SHIFT 2 with enhanced graphics and handling and TONS of cars which stays arcadish!

The Crew is going to release the beta this month, the car handling is just.... it's just woeful to call that game a racing game, man Ubisoft shall get away of making racing games!

It depends on what you like really.

Codemasters make the best racing games atm, since EA messed up nfs after ug2.

So basically get Dirt2&3 for some rally-action or Grid2, Grid Automotorsport, or F1 13 for some "sports racing" themed game I guess - all five are lovely games! ;)

But before you purchase any Racing game, please do yourself a big favor: GET A WHEEL. DON'T GET A SHITTY ONE. G25 LOGITECH OR BETTER.

Have fun:)

PS: for the ultimate experience you must get nfs ug2 running on your OS, if you seek the best :P

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

It's sad but it's true.

Driveclub ain't even out yet and lol, motorstorm? :D

I will not rant on your comment now because I don't have the time to atm, but I much disagree with you.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Project Cars.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Hey guys I was wondering what good racing games are out there on the pc thanks

Umm.. I really like arcade racing so I have to recommend you Nitronic Rush which is free and really good, also people that made it are also working on multiplayer game called Distance which should be comming out soon. Anyway give it a go, it is free so... no reason not to try it. (You race alone and try to get best time and you can download ghosts of cars from other people and race against them). It is really challenging game however. I easily left over 50 hours of gameplay in it. Which is actually a lot when I consider that I dont play any car games at all.

Also XBOX controller is recommended for playing it.

Umm.. I really like arcade racing so I have to recommend you Nitronic Rush which is free and really good, also people that made it are also working on multiplayer game called Distance which should be comming out soon. Anyway give it a go, it is free so... no reason not to try it. (You race alone and try to get best time and you can download ghosts of cars from other people and race against them). It is really challenging game however. I easily left over 50 hours of gameplay in it. Which is actually a lot when I consider that I dont play any car games at all.

Also XBOX controller is recommended for playing it.

I'll give it a go because like you said there's no reason not to try it

Have you tried typeracer? It's a racing game for PC ;)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Have you tried typeracer? It's a racing game for PC ;)

No the only racing game I've played on pc is shift 2 that's why I started this thread because I'm interested in what's out there

It's sad but it's true.

driveclub isn't even out yet, plus it is a slightly more realist version of grid. Also motorstorm games are rubbish! 

Something Awesome!