Best PC racing games most recently imho:

01. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (2010)

02. GRiD 2 (2013)

03. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012)

04. DiRT 3 (2011)

05. Shift 2 : Unleashed (2011)

06. Blur (2010)

07. DiRT 2 (2009)

08. Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (2009)

09. Need For Speed: Shift (2009)

10. GRiD (2008)

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

Grid Autosport is good.

Played a lot of it?  I haven't heard much of it since it came out.  I was hoping this Grid version was really good like Grid 1.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Played a lot of it?  I haven't heard much of it since it came out.  I was hoping this Grid version was really good like Grid 1.

It's returning to it's sim roots. The only two things I don't like is if you have a G27/G25, you'll have to set the rotation to 540 because the steering is VERY slow at 900 and the interiors are blurred out kinda.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Ok... so watching all these posts to this comment, thread, whatever you cal it... i have to say i am a bit perturbed by the responses and game titles as well as the lack of severely important titles all together. I being a sim racer/drifter with custom racing rig cockpit, triple screen monitors, logitec G27 custom wheel (awaiting T500RS in mail) and roughly 8 years racing experience 4 of that being real world here in japan, I would like to believe my views slightly valid.(correct me if im wrong) Now proided the OP is using an xbox controller, i am slightly inclined to belive that he is not as hardcore a racer as one would assume. Taking tht into consideration i still belive it is imperative to provide direction to some of the most fundamental titles for any racing enthusiast. All titles are ones that i would demand a wheel was used for. I shall list them in degrees of "professionalism" from lowest to highest.

iRacing: subscription based completely proffesional MMO racing experience, recommend a full rig and racing wheel setup.

Assetto Corsa: newer less serious aspects available racing sim with next gen physics work and amazing tire model as well as an ever improving feature list including consumer mod support. This leading to a daily influx of new and free content.

rFactor 2/1: this is the sim that is hailed as the greatest physics engine in the industry and is almost known as the birth right to all current and recent gen physics. They're company birthed some of the racing titles that were mentioned in this post.

GTRGTR2 Series: older sim that still holds true for the most part in physics department.

When i saw this post i assumed the OP was inquiring about things that were exclusive to pc so to say, and not reffering to poor condole ports. I for one am all for the most realistic driving experience possible and of all the titles mentioned only AC was one of the quaulity titles. Just my two cent rant.

Pretty much anything made by Codemasters.

Not GRID 2...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Not GRID 2...

Haven't played Grid 2. Why no good ?

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Haven't played Grid 2. Why no good ?

It's an arcade game...

It's an arcade game...

I'l have to take your word on it since I haven't played Grid 2, but I haven't played a Codemasters racing game yet were the actual races weren't fun and challenging.

The Gymkhana stuff from the Dirt games was kinda silly but BEuqOQe.jpg?1 than that, once you get into the actual races all is well and fun .

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Dirt 3

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

hmmm well i'm actually looking for some race games to.. except not the ones that are mentioned in this topic...

lately i've been thinking about older action race games that were really fun... like dethcarz and rollcage.

Looked a while for those kinds of games... can't find any though. These days its all real cars and simulation...

I have no signature

I think THE CREW is gonna be suffice

The crew will be a good game but I'm looking for other things aswell

The crew will be a good game but I'm looking for other things aswell

such as???

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Project Cars 

Definitely project cars. I was one of the lucky ones who got on board before they cut their early access so i have been able to play it. It is turning out to be very awesome.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Grid 1 , Grid 2 , Grid AutoSport , ALl the older NFSgames and Shift 2 , also THE CREW when it comes out , i played the Beta , By far THE best arcade racer for PC when it is realeased

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

If you have a decent steering wheel definitely Test Drive Unlimited. It is an old but a very good game. I wouldn't recommend the second game though, I think they just messed up the driving physics.