Ford

ThatFatMan1911

So my dad said he would give me his F-150 when I get my drivers license but I have a few problems with it. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for what he is giving me because it is luxurious on the interior but I have a few problems with trucks. This one in particular, we live out rural and lets say a mouse got up somewhere inside where the air conditioning is and died...last year. the smell still lingers and destroyed the new car smell when we got it. There is no way of getting to the mouse either. So apart from the truck being stinky, the gas mileage is awful. Talk about 15 miles on average. I also don't like how big and bulky trucks are. Plus, I will never, ever need to tow or move large objects with a vehicle ever. 

So what I am thinking about doing is either trading it in and getting a Ford Taurus Limited or a Ford Mustang sometime in the future. What do you guys think of my situation?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I don't really give a fuck about it TBH, do what you want this is a first world problem. :)

Mouse could be removed with work.

I don't really give a fuck about it TBH, do what you want this is a first world problem. :)

Ah thats great. I thought you were gonna say the Taurus is an old person car or something :/

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Get a hammer ;) that mouse will be gone in no time :P

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Took the words out of my mouth.

I keep seeing this more and more and I know it might seem silly to talk about random life issues on a forum where it is so off topic but it's really just annoying. Just talk to some real life friends that may be a bit more willing to hear about your problems.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Took the words out of my mouth.

I keep seeing this more and more and I know it might seem silly to talk about random life issues on a forum where it is so off topic but it's really just annoying. Just talk to some real life friends that may be a bit more willing to hear about your problems.

Yeah I agree. Each time I make a post on here I lose more and more faith of ever getting help with anything whether it be related to the computer I want to build or a simple question. I've learned that the majority of the people on this entire forum do not give a fuck about anybody or anything. I think I will just stop posting from now on. It's not worth my time.

So my dad said he would give me his F-150 when I get my drivers license but I have a few problems with it. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for what he is giving me because it is luxurious on the interior but I have a few problems with trucks. This one in particular, we live out rural and lets say a mouse got up somewhere inside where the air conditioning is and died...last year. the smell still lingers and destroyed the new car smell when we got it. There is no way of getting to the mouse either. So apart from the truck being stinky, the gas mileage is awful. Talk about 15 miles on average. I also don't like how big and bulky trucks are. Plus, I will never, ever need to tow or move large objects with a vehicle ever. 

So what I am thinking about doing is either trading it in and getting a Ford Taurus Limited or a Ford Mustang sometime in the future. What do you guys think of my situation?

Ford-Taurus_2013_1024x768_wallpaper_04.j

Like this Taurus? If so, hell yeah! But being rural I'd be weary of the Mustang's ground clearance.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Man an f-150 is a sick truck. The only issue you had that I would have as well is the mileage. drive it conservatively and just make sure when you are driving it, it is worth it. Idk an f-150 seems great to me.

Once you get used to driving a Truck its great. But yes the gas sucks.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

First world problems?

Stores won't let me play in my $500 bills that I'm trying to get rid of.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

"Ford." You're not really putting much effort in right off the bat if you want fucks to be given.

Dad's giving you a truck.. it smells bad.. it's expensive to run.. don't like the size.. don't need the utility. I agree that the fuel efficiency of most trucks leaves a lot to be desired. The rest is like.. take what you're given. I would have loved to have been given any vehicle for simply acquiring a license. I wanted a nice car or a muscle car at that age, but ended up with an old Japanese econobox and still loved it because it meant freedom. So I don't really feel like "Which new car should I have?" is much of a dilemma at all, and much less one where a forum's input is going to be constructive.

So you complain about the gas mileage and the bulkiness of an f150 and you are considering a Taurus or mustang? If you really want Ford, get a fiesta 1.0 ecoboost.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I would keep it, just bring it to the dealer or whatever and get the mouse removed.. The F-150 is a nice truck. If gas is really gonna be a problem for you then obviously trade it in but if not, keep it.

Er... What year is it? Also, you should consider your needs and wants. Another thing is that one mouse isn't that bad since my auto teacher said that one time there was a guy who brought in a van that basically was a burial ground for rats and other critters.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

focus st.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

"Ford." You're not really putting much effort in right off the bat if you want fucks to be given.

Dad's giving you a truck.. it smells bad.. it's expensive to run.. don't like the size.. don't need the utility. I agree that the fuel efficiency of most trucks leaves a lot to be desired. The rest is like.. take what you're given. I would have loved to have been given any vehicle for simply acquiring a license. I wanted a nice car or a muscle car at that age, but ended up with an old Japanese econobox and still loved it because it meant freedom. So I don't really feel like "Which new car should I have?" is much of a dilemma at all, and much less one where a forum's input is going to be constructive.

Your reply screams ignorance. I said in the original post that I am grateful for what I am given. Not putting much effort into a title? There are thousands of stupid titles like "lel". That does not make a bit of sense AND NEITHER DOES YOUR OWN USERNAME "cae" again, not putting much effort into that either. 

Like this Taurus? If so, hell yeah! But being rural I'd be weary of the Mustang's ground clearance.

Thank you for caring. Almost everyone here is pretty much useless. Thing is though, Mustangs get about the same gas mileage but the insurance is high. I see your from New Zealand. I've met nothing but polite people from there. 

Thank you for caring. Almost everyone here is pretty much useless. Thing is though, Mustangs get about the same gas mileage but the insurance is high. I see your from New Zealand. I've met nothing but polite people from there. 

Thanks! If you wanna get a Mustang and don't mind not having a V8, the V6 would be a good choice.

- here's a POV drive of a V6 'stang and IMO, sounds pretty nice.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

From someone living in a rural area to another. Keep the truck.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Wait until the smell is gone?

Toyota light pickup (diesel if you can for the power and bulletproof-ness)

Or a Toyota or Honda car.

Fords are terrible by comparison for the price. Especially with reliability unless you get a ranger, which is the only exception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgLXiS3D7KY

-Correct video

The second video is far more impressive than the first, with the exception of the ocean bit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Keep the truck.get a professional to get rid of the mouse. And also all the unnecessary heavy stuff from the truck like the pickup bed,spare wheels,rear seats,road tyres. Make it an F-150 superleggera. You could also try detune/retune it for fuel efficiency.

I have no clue about trucks but just to give you some idea.

Keep the truck.get a professional to get rid of the mouse. And also all the unnecessary heavy stuff from the truck like the pickup bed,spare wheels,rear seats,road tyres. Make it an F-150 superleggera. You could also try detune/retune it for fuel efficiency.

I have no clue about trucks but just to give you some idea.

Actually it is better to add sand bags or bricks on the pickup bed so you get a better ride quality.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I also don't like how big and bulky trucks are.

Ford Mustang 

Wat.

The Mustang is heavy. Go get a Mazda MX-5 if you want something light and nimble.