Would this be to long a wait for you?

leelaa14

Hey guys, Ive started gathering parts for my pc. So far i have my case, and just ordered my mobo and ram. This is my first build and it's quite expensive, but hey if you want the good stuff you gotta pay of course :). I will be gathering parts every 4 weeks, and this is the way i'm doing it. I basicly have my mobo and ram, then i will get my psu, (650w) my cooler (noctua dh15) crucial 240 gb (ssd) in 4 weeks. then on september the 8th i will order my processor i74790k.

This will allwow me to get my pc up and running, even though the gfx will be the igpu hd4600, i can still play games and have fun on it.

Then in november i will be getting my gpu, gtx 780 classified.

then december an aoc g-sync. (i have a basic screen already to use the machine on whilst i wait.)

So my question is, do you see this as far to long or do you think this is a sensible plan for my build. Obviously if i had better money flow it would be quicker, but i'm just curious what you guys think. Would the overall wait be to long for you?

Sorry for this huge post.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

If you're restricted based on money, that's fine. If you have money falling out your ass, then you need help.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If you're restricted based on money, that's fine. If you have money falling out your ass, then you need help.

This. I've never seen something so summed up in one sentence about some people with too much money.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

This. I've never seen something so summed up in one sentence about some people with too much money.

I am that good. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

For me, yeah, that would be far too long, but I'm used to doing builds for customers in the span of like half an hour to an hour, and then setting up windows and such after. In this case, they already have the parts and so on. For my own personal rig, since I'm sued to this kind of setup, I'd much rather have everything all together and build it immediately, but I also have minor OCD that would not like having PC parts, not in a working PC. That's just me though, everyone is different, and in your case, it's the wise choice if you can't afford it all up front.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

I would kind of recommend getting the basic parts to put together a working system from the start so you can test parts and return them if they are messed up. Even if that means getting say the mobo, ram, psu and cpu only at the same just so you can test they work unless you have parts to test things with. But that is just my recommendation 

For me, yeah, that would be far too long, but I'm used to doing builds for customers in the span of like half an hour to an hour, and then setting up windows and such after. In this case, they already have the parts and so on. For my own personal rig, since I'm sued to this kind of setup, I'd much rather have everything all together and build it immediately, but I also have minor OCD that would not like having PC parts, not in a working PC. That's just me though, everyone is different, and in your case, it's the wise choice if you can't afford it all up front.

I get you regarding not having all the parts :) But the only part really that will be missing once it's built is the gpu. Nothing is going in the case or getting put together until i have that cpu so windows can be installed etc. Then its just those 8 weeks for the gpu. It does feel like it's going to drag when i look over it lol. But i also know i will have it up and running at the start of September. I'm surprised how well the hd4600 performs too, obviously nothing like what the gtx 780 will be etc, but for some games it seems to cope quite well. Enough to see me through to the 780 anyway :) 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I guess since i never really answered your question i should

I have no problem with a build taking some time. I didn't even by a video card for a year after i built my computer which i built for gaming although it was for playing a game that came out in 1999 counter-strike although it has been updated along the way. Although i did start with a working computer.

Personally I would have gotten the motherboard and the cpu at the same time. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I would probably just save up and buy it all in one go

or at least the entire PC without GPU in one go

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hey guys, Ive started gathering parts for my pc. So far i have my case, and just ordered my mobo and ram. This is my first build and it's quite expensive, but hey if you want the good stuff you gotta pay of course :). I will be gathering parts every 4 weeks, and this is the way i'm doing it. I basicly have my mobo and ram, then i will get my psu, (650w) my cooler (noctua dh15) crucial 240 gb (ssd) in 4 weeks. then on september the 8th i will order my processor i74790k.This will allwow me to get my pc up and running, even though the gfx will be the igpu hd4600, i can still play games and have fun on it.Then in november i will be getting my gpu, gtx 780 classified.then december an aoc g-sync. (i have a basic screen already to use the machine on whilst i wait.)So my question is, do you see this as far to long or do you think this is a sensible plan for my build. Obviously if i had better money flow it would be quicker, but i'm just curious what you guys think. Would the overall wait be to long for you?Sorry for this huge post.

I started buying parts for my current rig in January. I didn't finish the build until last month. It's not too long a wait if money is restricted, like it was in my case. Also, I'm a rather patient person, so that may also be why I didn't feel it was too long.

Your plan sounds like a good idea, good job on saving money.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

You'd be better by saving and getting all at once. That way you don't get feeling that there's something better at the point when you get the next piece. For me waiting to upade isn't really so big deal. I know that when I buy stuff, its more at once. Like the upcoming upgrade will have fans, PSU fan change, HDD, LED strip.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This is what I did pretty much (although I'd say I was a bit more sensible in my picking). I'm really bad when it comes to saving up, I'm supposed to be saving up and so far I've saved up nothing :D..

I tried that but instead did the whole thing in 4 weeks. :) My problem is that every piece came on sale so I just had to buy.

I would've (and did) reversed the order of parts but that's too late now. Basically keeping the chip, m/bd and ram as one -- very expensive -- unit to make sure they stay compatible. Everything else is open season. Keep looking for those sales and be flexible in your wants.

Good luck!

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!