What is your favorite video game soundtrack?

bchampion96

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

I like the soundtrack from the Halo series alot.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I could bang my head to mechwarrior 4: mercenaries any day

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

That's a real hard question to answer but for me it depends on the month and what mood I'm in but I'll list a few.

Arma 3

Assassin's Creed 3/4

BF2/3/4

Crysis 2

Fault Milestone 1/2

GTA 3/VC/SA/4

Halo 1/3

Locomotion

Mirror's Edge

Simcity 4

Tomb Raider UW/2013

Loads more

But then if you include tv shows and anime, oh boy would this list go on and on.

-アパゾ

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

My favorite would definitely have to be the Vault Archives by Mark Morgan.

Mirror's Edge OST comes at a very close second because Solar Fields! :)

There's not one single favorite, that would be too hard to choose. Plus it varies from day-to-day, plus mood is also a variable.

Some I can think of from my head:

Assassin's Creed 2 + Brotherhood

Battlefield 3 + 4, + Bad Company 2

Blacklight: Retribution

Crysis 2

Deus Ex (original) + Human Revolution

Halo 3: ODST + Reach

Hitman: Blood money

Mark of the Ninja

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Metal Gear Solid as a whole (2 and 4 stand out more than the rest)

Mirror's Edge

Payday: The Heist + Payday 2

Portal 2

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Too many Touhou Project games to list (If I had to pick five, they'd be: 8 (Imperishable Night), 9 (Phantasmagoria of Flower View), 12.3 (Hisoutensoku), 13 (Ten Desires), and 13.5 (Hopeless Masquerade)

In other words: too damn many to list just one, or even just 5... or 10, for that matter.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I thought bad company 2 had some awesome tunes, then ventral dlc was released, Dam, never heard a video game sound so good

The entire Deus Ex Human Revolution soundtack, but in particular 'The Mole'.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Personally, the soundtracks to Myst and Riven are my favourite. They really create an amazing ambience within the games, even though the gameplay itself is prerendered static frames

Vice City. Had all the classic 80's listening. Also Vice City Stories had good music, even if it was pretty meh imo.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Halo, not Reach and/or C&C RA2.
Still remember working out how to play the original Halo theme on flute as a kid back in year 6 then playing it with a bunch of my flute friends in harmony.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

off the top of my head with no real thought put in I would say Perfect dark I remember thinking it was really cool but I'm sure there's another better soundtrack I'm just not thinking of.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Yeah I liked the Halo scores that they had, it's a shame that bungie fired Marty O'Donnell just before Destiny was released.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold