iPhone 6 Specs Leaked?

IFeaRZz

The screen might just be sharp enough. The Galaxy S3 had also had a 4.7" panel with a 1280x720 resolution and it was very sharp.

But damn, for today's standards, that screen is so low res. And a 16:10 aspect ratio too. Are they stupid?

>1280x800 res

>16:10 ratio

>no 16gb

>12mp

>ios8

Worst 2014 flagship.

You pay 25% more of than an HTC One M8 for shittier specs.

Toshiba Satellite C50 (A167)

• Intel Pentium 2020M (Ivy Bridge, IHD 3000)
  • 8GB DDR3 (4x2)
  • 500GB Toshiba Slim 5400RPM
  • Win10 Pro x64

Huawei P8 (GRA-UL10)

• HiSilicon Kirin 935 (arm64)
  • Android 6.0 (EMUI 4.0, TWRP 3, Sysless SuperSU)
  • 3GB RAM, 64GB NAND + 64GB SanDisk Ultra mSD

This is so fake it hurts.

The screen might just be sharp enough. The Galaxy S3 had also had a 4.7" panel with a 1280x720 resolution and it was very sharp.

But damn, for today's standards, that screen is so low res. And a 16:10 aspect ratio too. Are they stupid?

>1280x800 res

>16:10 ratio

>no 16gb

>12mp

>ios8

Worst 2014 flagship.

You pay 25% more of than an HTC One M8 for shittier specs.

It's not going to be 16:10, because this list is fake.

I'll believe the 4k video recording when I see it,  the cheapest 4k video camera I could find was a dodgy ebay job for $500. Incorporating one in a phone sounds like a stretch.

You're not aware of the multiple smartphones that record 4K already? Just because they do it, doesn't mean they do it well.

If that's all they're doing with the battery I'll be rather disappointed. Removing 8 AND 16gb? 8 I can understand, but 16 would be a bit much. The screen resolution definitely needs to be higher to compete with flagships at the moment, especially if they're increasing the size. No clock speed or quad core mentioned, but if they stay with duals that they've been using since the 4S in 2011 they're plain stupid. I'd probably still buy it if I hadn't just upgraded to a Sony Z Ultra. That's my two cents. 

I have a 16GB and it's hard to store my stuff on it, have to constantly transfer photos to my PC and switch Spotify offline playlists.

If the screen res is indeed as low as this (I say it's fake) then Apple will invoke the argument that a higher res screen does nothing for normal usage and just wastes battery. Which I agree with for 2K adn 4K screens.

No clock speed or core mentioned because they never mention it, is has to be revealed in a teardown. But for the millionth time, Apple and Apple users don't give a rats ass what the clock speed or number of cores is, because unlike Android the software and hardware are engineered together so well that high numbers don't count for much.

You're looking at this from an Android perspective. I'm not trying to sound like an Apple fanboy, but there's why looking from an Android perspective won't work.

You're not aware of the multiple smartphones that record 4K already? Just because they do it, doesn't mean they do it well.

not aware at all,  All the same it's not like apple to do something so they can claim a greater spec, they usually produce something that works a little more solidly than flashy if that makes sense.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

not aware at all,  All the same it's not like apple to do something so they can claim a greater spec, they usually produce something that works a little more solidly than flashy if that makes sense.

They're not 'claiming a greater spec'. The Samsung Galaxy S5 already records 4K. So does the Oppo Find 7. LG G3, and so on.

So Apple will probably be doing it the right way, then, as they've had longer to perfect 4K on a phone. 

They're not 'claiming a greater spec'. The Samsung Galaxy S5 already records 4K. So does the Oppo Find 7. LG G3, and so on.

So Apple will probably be doing it the right way, then, as they've had longer to perfect 4K on a phone. 

compared to the 5? not talking about the other brands.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

compared to the 5? not talking about the other brands.

What? Could you re-state your question?

ok, I'll start again, see if this makes better sense:

I'll believe it when I see it,  4k video cameras aren't cheap and apple don't produce stuff that only work half as well as it should.
I'd be surprised if they released a sub par feature solely so they can claim they have the spec.

Resolution is just a... Not going there. But in all honesty, that resolution is perfectly fine on a mobile device of this size. Though, information like this isn't always the final result. 

Again with the gold colour choice. Why? It makes the phone look over all cheap and tacky. Just please, no more gold. 

Still waiting for a smart phone to have a battery life of more than a day. I would happily take thicker over thinner if it meant that my battery would last a day or two more when using it heavily. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'll believe it when I see it,  4k video cameras aren't cheap and apple don't produce stuff that only work half as well as it should.

I'd be surprised if they released a sub par feature solely so they can claim they have the spec.

Fair point.

I have a feeling that they will, though. Apple makes huge claims about the iPhone's camera in every generation, including making noise about how certain big events and the like were recorded on the iPhone, edited on an iPad or Mac etc, basically saying how it can be used to substitute a professional camera. Now that they've introduced far reaching 4K support in Macs, I reckon they will market the camera with 4K. Whether it will be good or not... well... I'm not sure. We'll have to see.

Resolution is just a... Not going there. But in all honesty, that resolution is perfectly fine on a mobile device of this size. Though, information like this isn't always the final result. 

Again with the gold colour choice. Why? It makes the phone look over all cheap and tacky. Just please, no more gold. 

Still waiting for a smart phone to have a battery life of more than a day. I would happily take thicker over thinner if it meant that my battery would last a day or two more when using it heavily. 

That's what battery cases are for ;)

I hope it will be 2560*1600...

Useless! Takes much more GPU in games and battery usage for just having big numbers... Just like Nokia's 48Mpix camera... iPhone 5 8Mpix camera was better...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4260182476

CPU - Intel 3770k @ 4.5GHz + CM 212 EVO + Noctua NF-F12/ GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX / PSU - Corsair AX860i / Motherboard - Z77A-GD55 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM / HDD - 1.5TB WDC Black - 3.0TB WDC Red - 120GB Sandisk Extreme - 500GB Samsung 850 / Display - Asus PB287Q 4K and Asus VG248 + 3D Vision 2 glasses / Mouse - G500s 

The gold is actually better than I thought it would be when it was the 5S. Actually looked fairly good. Now the S5's version of gold is a different story.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

And why 4.7" and 5.5"??? Apple always said 4" is enough. Now 5.5"?? I'm OK with 4.7" but having the choice with 4" would be nice... Hope the rumors are wrong and there will be 4 and 4.7"... 5.5" is closer to an iPad than an iPhone...

CPU - Intel 3770k @ 4.5GHz + CM 212 EVO + Noctua NF-F12/ GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX / PSU - Corsair AX860i / Motherboard - Z77A-GD55 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM / HDD - 1.5TB WDC Black - 3.0TB WDC Red - 120GB Sandisk Extreme - 500GB Samsung 850 / Display - Asus PB287Q 4K and Asus VG248 + 3D Vision 2 glasses / Mouse - G500s 

And why 4.7" and 5.5"??? Apple always said 4" is enough. Now 5.5"?? I'm OK with 4.7" but having the choice with 4" would be nice... Hope the rumors are wrong and there will be 4 and 4.7"... 5.5" is closer to an iPad than an iPhone...

The market demands larger phones, and this is a market force that Apple can't ignore.

I think that kind of res is just pointless. The LG G3 has that and it straight up makes no sense.

You know, I disagree. I'm getting a bit tired of everyone saying that the LG G3's resolution is pointless. I know Linus doesn't really care about it, but if you look at everyone's videos (MKBHD) about it, they all say that you *can* tell the difference side-by-side. I think once they can improve on battery life, QHD will be the new standard for ultra sharp smartphones.

The market demands larger phones, and this is a market force that Apple can't ignore.

Yes, but the market demands 4" phones too. (Look at Linus). 4.7" is already large, so 4 and 4.7" would be perfect. But getting rid of 4" is just stupid.

You know, I disagree. I'm getting a bit tired of everyone saying that the LG G3's resolution is pointless. I know Linus doesn't really care about it, but if you look at everyone's videos (MKBHD) about it, they all say that you *can* tell the difference side-by-side. I think once they can improve on battery life, QHD will be the new standard for ultra sharp smartphones.

Mate, it is pointless. At the very least, they should wait until 4K content is norm.

Yes, but the market demands 4" phones too. (Look at Linus). 4.7" is already large, so 4 and 4.7" would be perfect. But getting rid of 4" is just stupid.

Linus isn't the smartphone market, lol. A muge , much larger chunk of the market demands larger screens.

Looks almost as nice as my One M7.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

4K on phones works well though. I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

ISPs are more than fast enough to handle it, and as for the sensor you only need 8.3 megapixels (assuming the sensor is 16:9).

We are already at the point where we don't need to take any shortcuts in order to record 4K video on phones. The only thing I can see which would make 4K recording on phones better in the near future would be the generally better sensors (improves all the time but we are kind of getting near the physical limits), and HEVC/VP9 so the files won't get huge.

I'd say it's 50/50 if Apple adds 4K recording. On one hand, it's perfectly possible and doesn't really have any drawbacks (just make the sensor a bit bigger and add software support) but on the other hand, Apple has always been slow with the camera specs. They were slow to both 720p and 1080p.

Next time ill be upgrading my phone is when apple introduces wireless charging in their iPhones...
So far I'm just happy with my iPhone 5 --- LTE Wireless is the best thing ever....!

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

ig guess it depends how much you use it video files take up a lot of space and i mean a lot and so do photos. i poersoanlly have 5gb of musci 6gb of apps 5gb of photo and video and i know a lot of people that have more

well people should back up their damn phones more..

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You can still buy 5s if you want 4'' screen ;) It's still a good phone ;)

ISPs are more than fast enough to handle it, and as for the sensor you only need 8.3 megapixels (assuming the sensor is 16:9).

I wasn't thinking of the bandwidth required, but doesn't it require 20Mb/s minimum anyway? It's rare to see that speed consistently on the mobile network in Aus.

Dude, I usually get the 32GB devices, i.e. I got the 32GB iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and HTC One and I never had a problem with having all of my music and a few games and other apps installed. I had to get the 16GB iPhone 5S and it is seriously a struggle. I have used about 95% of the storage, and I only have my smaller iTunes library on there with 500'ish songs and I can barely even record video without it moaning at me, and having to delete apps just to take more pictures. 32GB baseline is a welcome addition, and we shouldn't com pain about more storage on phones for free?

Honestly i dont see how people can use more than 20gbs of storage on their mobile devices..