iPhone 6 Specs Leaked?

IFeaRZz

I just don't see the punchline... disappointed. Won't be upgrading or switching back to iOS

I hope it will be 2560*1600...

Don't let them give you crap. It hasn't even been released, there is a 95% chance this is all pure speculation.

Too much pixel density in such a small area. 720p/1080p is just about right for 4.7"

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Too much pixel density in such a small area. 720p/1080p is just about right for 4.7"

Shoot is this the 4.7? I thought it was the 5.5.

I prefer 16:10 aspect ratios, being a math guy (figure out why?) it's supposedly the most visually pleasing, and you can fit more code onto it than on a 16:9 display. :P

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

All I know is I already have my grand set aside for a 128GB iPhone. 

If I am disappointed come September, hey; I saved up a grand for a backup camera body that I didn't entirely need but now can get because I 'saved'. Or I can get whatever Android tickles my fancy. 

All I know is that each year I wait a few months for the iPhone, buy one well into Spring, and then realize I would've been happier if I had it from the start. This goes all the way back to the 4. Apple might be 'locked' down but I give little damns. Car integration is simply the best, audio quality trumps everything else (the DAC they use is great, music always sounds good coming out of decent headphones, can't say the same about most Android phones) and they are just built well. For something that I'll fondle for 6-8 hours a day, it matters. So few Android phones get that quality feel, Apple does nothing but. 

Even their plastic 5C feels more solid than my 920, and I thought my Lumia was one well crafted hunk of plastic. 

I prefer 16:10 aspect ratios, being a math guy (figure out why?) it's supposedly the most visually pleasing, and you can fit more code onto it than on a 16:9 display. :P

Oh God not the "golden ratio" argument...

It doesn't work on 16:10. Even if 16:10 was the golden ratio there still isn't any evidence that a display with it would make things more visually pleasing.

audio quality trumps everything else (the DAC they use is great, music always sounds good coming out of decent headphones, can't say the same about most Android phones)

Anandtech did a nice audio comparison and the Galaxy S 4 is as good as the iphone 5 in terms of audio. The same can be said for the Note 3.

I am sure many other Android smartphones are more or less as good as the iPhone in terms of audio quality. The Nexus 5 and LG G2 had some strange issues in their tests though.

I am not sure which Android phones you have tested but it might very well just be a placebo effect.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 1400p/1600p display on a smartphone however I'd prefer it to be in a 7-8" tablet for more content creation.

4.7" with a full 1920 x 1080p = 463 ppi, 5.5" with a 1440p display = 534 ppi

I like what microsoft did by producing a 3:2 ratio 2160x1440p but it's quirky, 4:3 may have been better for a 12" display but with a ppi of 216 it isn't too ugly.

I just don't see why a mobile smartphone needs to be soo big and have a extremely acute high resolution density when not much is optimized for it.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Oh God not the "golden ratio" argument...

It doesn't work on 16:10. Even if 16:10 was the golden ratio there still isn't any evidence that a display with it would make things more visually pleasing.

I said supposedly, I don't necessarily hold that belief but I like having a golden aspect ratio because I'm a superficial Apple user :P

I wouldn't mind seeing a 1400p/1600p display on a smartphone however I'd prefer it to be in a 7-8" tablet for more content creation.

4.7" with a full 1920 x 1080p = 463 ppi, 5.5" with a 1440p display = 534 ppi

The G3 had that PPI, it turned out to be almost entirely unnoticeable and the display was kind of crappy in other respects.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

well people should back up their damn phones more..

true but sometimes you wanna keep that on your phone for convenience so that way you can see it whenever and show people aswell. and nothinsn is worse than going on vacation and realising you have full storage

I don't like the round edges.

So you don't like any phone.... Ever?

Speaking of the aspect ratio. I measured the one in MKBHD's video, as well as the other leaked parts and they are ~16:9.

So that's another reason to doubt these specs, at least the 16:10 part.